Does Minji and Haerin have Jennie and Lisa solo power potential?

• Thread Title 17

1. Yes. Forget Jennie they are aiming for Jungkook (6) 35%
    2. Minji and Harein who? (5) 29%
    3. Why you close and delete my last thread? It had potential to save AKP. (6) 35%

Blackpink is past their prime but Jennie is doing better than all of NJ who are in the middle of their prime. That's one member beating a whole group.

Minji and Harein seem to be the most popular members so can they do by themselves what Jennie and Lisa can?

Jennie Solo is almost at 1 billion views on YouTube. Can a NJ member achieve this also?

• Hmmm, I think Minji hasn't really had time to shine like she did during their debut.

Right now, I'd say that Haerin and Hanni are the most popular members in New Jeans.

I think those two could have successful solo careers. In order for them to have as big of an impact as Jennie and Lisa did on the modern KPOP culture though, I think ADOR would need to focus on building their individual brands and images first. They are the most popular members in the most popular group, but individually they aren't up there with Wonyoung and Karina yet.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by keyboardwarrior7 ().

• Hmmm, I think Minji hasn't really had to shine like she did during their debut.

Right now, I'd say that Haerin and Hanni are the most popular members in New Jeans.

I think those two could have successful solo careers. In order for them to have as big of an impact as Jennie and Lisa did on the modern KPOP culture though, I think ADOR would need to focus on building their individual brands and images first. They are the most popular members in the most popular group, but individual they aren't up there with Wonyoung and Karina yet.

That Karina sneak lol

• Honestly, I'd expect Hanni and Hyein to do the most well as a soloist. Hanni is an all-rounder, she'd slay so hard. And Hyein truly looks like a model, she has It-Girl potential. Danielle also has great soloist potential.

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• Haerin doesnt seem all that charismatic in the vid clips i've watched. She has the visuals everyone seems to love. She is a lot like Winter in that way.

Minji is the darkhorse threat to challenge Wonyoung for It Girl status in Korea, along with Karina. Both Minji and Karina have the visuals on lock, but also have the personality to shine and create viral moments, either in their own group content or in third party activities and variety shows.

• That Karina sneak lol

I wouldn't say it's a sneak.

Now that Karina has started taking solo brand deals, she could very well end up matching up to Wonyoung.

I think as far as CF power and Korea are concerned, Wonyoung still wins, but internationally, I think Karina is probably more popular. And, if she gets some really big CF deals, the sky is the limit.

fc48bd06c65bdda5a70662a95298c58967e2efac.gifv2388a663244f2a30b386bac2c9600bc97508161c.gifv

• I wouldn't say it's a sneak.

Now that Karina has started taking solo brand deals, she could very well end up matching up to Wonyoung.

I think as far as CF power and Korea are concerned, Wonyoung still wins, but internationally, I think Karina is probably more popular. And, if she gets some really big CF deals, the sky is the limit.

Wonyoung has the Wonyoungism trend though, and it's extremely popular with younger international K-Pop fans. It's all over Pinterest. What makes her so unqiue is her "I don't care, you are you, I am me" kinda image (she said this sentence herself), people admire her for being so confident about herself.

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• imo actress >>>>> idol.

Only Katrina, Yujin and Minji have an interest in acting. Whomever get a good actress role first, out of Katrina, Yujin and Minji, is going to be the next Suzy/Yoona level IT girl.

• Wonyoung has the Wonyoungism trend though, and it's extremely popular with younger international K-Pop fans. It's all over Pinterest. What makes her so unqiue is her "I don't care, you are you, I am me" kinda image (she said this sentence herself), people admire her for being so confident about herself.

Yeah, I still have a feeling Karina is more popular internationally, and I feel like she has grown a lot this year in Korea as well.

This isn't me saying Karina will be bigger than Wonyoung, but that they will probably end up being on the same level when previously, Wonyoung was pretty much ruling on the throne by herself.

I can see them being the next Suzy and Yoona. Both being big, and fans arguing over who is bigger.

• I wouldn't say it's a sneak.

Karina's CF deals are mostly company's doing anyway

Wonyoung solo carried ive to top without any big4 privilege, if karina was in ive instead of wonyoung, ive would have been at stayc level at best. People talk about karina because she is the only big 3 standard level member in aespa, rest are mid tier (winter,ningning) to low tier (Giselle) company level so there's not much to talk about any other aespa member.

• Suzy and Yoona were the next level because they were actresses. When that happens, its no longer just kpop fans that the idols can appeal to, but the general public.

There are certain idols with variety and acting skills. There are some with none.

• Karina's CF deals are mostly company's doing anyway

Wonyoung solo carried ive to top without any big4 privilege, if karina was in ive instead of wonyoung, ive would have been at stayc level at best. People talk about karina because she is the only big 3 standard level member in aespa, rest are mid tier (winter,ningning) to low tier (Giselle) company level so there's not much to talk about any other aespa member.

Lol, interesting opinion.

Have fun with that.

I feel that more with ex-Izone and friends. ex-Izone stand out more because of who they are next in their group. But when you put ex-Izone next to say Katrina or Yuqi its not good for ex-Izone.

When the 5th ranked visual got the MC job...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The girls are too young or should i say newbie career wise for that kind of individual charisma/rep right now but depending on their marketing they may have some potential; Hyein has that model experience and she may branch out to that?

The only two new idols that reminded me of Jen/Lisa was Ahyeon/Chiquita but well idk anymore, its a mess

I feel like min heejin will try to keep the solo endeavours of newjeans members in check so that newjeans contract renewal doesn't turns up into a shitshow like blackpink

I totally agree, the companies must have seen how JYPE managed to control Twice and YGE having trouble with BP. Group promotions and individual restriction just makes it so much easier for the company to control idol potential. Also MHJ seems to be the kind of person who likes to have full control over things, NJ success will always be MHJ success more that NJ members - she will always make that sure at least.

Wonyoung is the most popular 4th gen girl and i think she will follow more of Suzy/Yoona route rather than Lisa/Jennie, if starship doesn't play their cards right they will end up in a MissA position with WY/Yujin.

Praise for Wonyoung? Are you an Ive/Wonyoung stan? :starec:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!