Does Minji and Haerin have Jennie and Lisa solo power potential?

• Yujin will sooner or later, I predict, become an award winning actress in Korea. I could see Wonyoung either go solo or do well as an actress for certain roles consistent with her public image and will draw ratings.

Too early to call it for NewJeans members. The biggest wildcard is Hyein, who I see a lot of potential in multiple areas, but to me is going through an awkward phase being 15 and is likely still discovering how she wants to present herself.

Unpopular opinion: I don't think acting suits Jennie - rather she should continue to pursue being a solo artist which she's proven to be great at. Jisoo, on the other hand, should really get on it and put herself first and BP second if she still wants to be an actress.

• Lol hell nahhhhh

Lisa and Jennie are at a level that I don't see any 4th genners achieving again

One big reason is funnily enough YG actually made the right moves for Jennie and Lisa (although that might have bitten them in the ass now).

YG gave JenLisa a lot of freedom to branch out and establish their own individuality, brand and image which made Jennie huge in Korea and very big internationally and made Lisa HUGE internationally.

The Blackpink brand is already huge, but Jennie and Lisa are almost their own brands as well.

In allowing this, YG allowed JenLisa's own personalities and charisma shine through. They also, and I think this is a much more important thing than many realise, let JenLisa be a little bit sexy, a little bit mature. This definitely broadened their appear. Especially to western audiences.

Again I don't see any 4th genners getting to that level because all the companies themselves are much more controlling of their images. There's no chance in hell the companies are letting their talent be as "sexy" as Lisa and especially Jennie has been allowed to be. I highly doubt you'll see many 4th genners modelling Calvin Klein for a long time. If anything, 4th gen has really cooled off on the "sexy" compared to previous gens.

Their ages also play a big part. They are still babies, except maybe Karina. One is still underage or just very barely of age. This limits their audience range a hell of a lot. It's much easier for grown adults to stan, fan, follow and openly admit to liking a mid 20's woman (let alone saying "Yeah I find this person hot af") than it is for a grown adult to openly stan an 18 year old.

Yeah they will be succesful and have solo potential. But I just don't see any reaching the heights that JenLisa has for a long time.

• Damn. Free education.

• YG put alot of emphasis on JenLisa's solo endeavors to get them to where they are, at a level that I don't see ADOR doing with NJ. I see them balancing solo stuff & group stuff kinda like SM with SNSD, with more emphasis on group stuff at first

Also the Hanni exclusion makes no sense when she's the most popular internationally along with Minji

• Why limit themselves to BlackPink members, their ceilings are much higher and I can see them having these types of careers:

• Minji --> Angelina Jolie
    • Hanni --> Ed Sheeran
    • Danielle --> Miley Cyrus
    • Haerin --> Usher
    • Hyein --> Olivia Rodrigo
  • minji went to school to be a singer, she’s got a real passion for music

she’s also chill and funny and styled at her best she clears almost anyone in kpop

but she gets like the least lines/center parts so i’m hopeful for some mid tier success like hwasa/jean somi (no offense just mid tier compared to jennie lisa)IMG_5336.jpeg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!