How much will JYP push Nmixx to match the sales of other top girl groups?

• They've had over 90 fansigns this year, not sure if it's counting fancalls, and are still doing fansigns for their July album. Do other top girl groups, selling as much as them, doing as much as this? Their album has 150 disclosed photocards per member, totaling 900. They give one random photocard per album. This year, they've had 2 comebacks and showcase tours too.

Despite not being as visible in ads and CFs like other top gg (the typical jyp style), these girls are working hard. JYP is pushing them to compete with top groups, even though they lack a huge fanbase in the main K-pop markets (Korea, China, Japan) and aren't very popular in SEA and the US. I wonder how long they can keep up this pace. I fear they might be sidelined once the new girl group debuts if the company continue pushing them for huge sales using this kind of method.

Why not pushing them more individually, Lily, Haewon and Sullyoon have potential for that. There's so much type of promotion can be used to promote Nmixx especially when Jyp is a big company with a huge connection.

• JYP is doing all the wrong things with Nmixx, no amount of fan calls, photocards, or fansigns is going to make them a top girl group overnight. They need to re-evaluate everything they're doing and start from scratch. I agree that they should be promoting the members individually, and really focusing on making their music more catchy and memorable, love me like this was good, but their recent songs have been meh to me. It feels like JYP is going in multiple directions trying to figure out what to do with Nmixx, but they always end up back to square 1 each time.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Not sure if unpopular opinion, but I think a good song wouldn't make them top tier.

Like for ITZY, they had a VERY STRONG debut, their Dalla Dalla to Wannabe era was huge. Somehow not sure what happened but the Not Shy and Mafia era didn't work and they died down.

People are saying it's coz of the songs, and yes I think it did make their hype lower. But when they comeback with songs like Loco which we thought everyone would eat it up because it is similar to their DallaDalla/Wannabe era, it didn't. End up Sneakers was the one that did well but it wasn't like dam big.

But then it honestly doesn't matter for ITZY because they ALREADY HAVE an established fanbase from the start. They are going on tours which we know make tons of money, selling good enough physical albums. Every song of theirs can flop it doesn't matter if they retain their fanbase. And even if there is a super good song, it might not skyrocket them to like top tier but they are in a good enough state to be comfortable and be successful in terms of making money.

Same for Twice, they are so successful they don't need good songs they might not even need to comeback that often at all and just tour.

NMIXX needs to get there but I don't know if a good song can do that because they might already be past that 'era'. They already had a few comebacks that didn't propel them to where JYPE thought it might.

• Loco was a flop in Korea but It did well internationally and performed better than mafia and not shy so the hype was still there. They just needed a Korean hit.

• Loco was a flop in Korea but It did well internationally and performed better than mafia and not shy so the hype was still there. They just needed a Korean hit.

The weird thing is that, it seems like korean fans and international fans like different stuff.

I for sure loved Loco like it's a top 3 ITZY title track for me

• Not sure if unpopular opinion, but I think a good song wouldn't make them top tier.

NMIXX needs to get there but I don't know if a good song can do that because they might already be past that 'era'. They already had a few comebacks that didn't propel them to where JYPE thought it might.

i don't think it's an unpopular opinion. i agree with you lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!