THE HOUSE OF KPOP WHAT-IFS - #001: what if SBS revived the 2012 Gayo Daejeon Color of K-Pop units for 2022?

• how's it going fellow forumers...? :hype-cutie: I'll be writing an AKP forum thread series called "THE HOUSE OF KPOP WHAT-IFS" every Friday from now on so let's start :cheer-bunny:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a question for those of you who were into K-pop back when Gangnam Style'd clearly proven itself to be the biggest Korean hit of 2012: remember when the SBS Gayo Daejeon for that year created temporary collab groups around the theme of "The Color of K-Pop"? Produced by some of the most famous hitmakers in the K-pop scene, the four groups that were formed for the event each had their own individual representative colors - Dynamic Black (prod by S.Tiger), Dazzling Red (prod by Brave Bros), Mystic White (prod by Kim Dohoon), and Dramatic Blue (prod by Sweetune) - and performed songs with different flavors on the night of the award show! How cool does that sound?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kinda sadly though, despite the 2022 Gayo Daejeon marking 10 years since the Color of K-Pop units' performances, none of them were revived for that occasion. (I mean that year's theme was "The Live Shout-Out" which sounds pretty cool to me, but maybe SBS could've tweaked the 2012 units' concepts a little bit to align with the theme a little more?) But still I feel like it'd be fun if I came up with some thoughts on how those 2012 Gayo Daejeon units could've been revived for the 2022 event (the member lineups would've obviously had to be changed due to some of those idols moving on to other endeavors + maybe the lineups themselves would've leaned more towards coed? idk but still I find it fun to guess :danceb: ):

So honestly that's just my imagination - feel free to tell me what you think about this retrospective (and maybe even reminisce about how K-pop life was like 10 years ago I guess) :flower-cutie:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!