Hybe's dealings with five major KPop companies

• In the upcoming Napoleon movie by Ridley Scott, Josephine, Napoleon's first wife, plays a huge role.

Josephine had 2 children from a previous husband, but had no children with the Emperor who wanted to find a new wife for a dynastic alliance. He seeked marriage to a princess of Russia, and the Czar of Russia, after getting whipped at Friedland, agreed to it but Josephine manipulated things to spoil this marriage, which would have saved the lives of many French , German, Italian and Polish soldiers. Napoleon eventually married an Austrian princess but that didn't turn out very well.

===

Bang Sihyuk seeked alliances with all of 5 major companies

SM - Hybe tried to buy SM, showing respect to Lee Sooman. Although Kakao snatched SM from Hybe, Hybe put SM into WeVerse and Kakao seems to be in trouble after trying to swallow SM

JYP - JYPE and Hybe were kinda distant, but it seems the gap has been mended. As I have said above, JYP seems to be decisive for making Bang make peace with the mainstream pop.

YG - All of Hybe's songs are distributed toward YG Plus, a company answerable to Mr. Yang but Hybe holds a stake on it.

That led Mr. Yang to not attack Hybe acts, so the long sought after battle between BTS and BlackPink never took place since YG did not want to attack Hybe, but it did help Hybe overall.

CJ - The Belief audition program.

Edam Entertainment (kakao)

In 2020, a poll was taken to find out who are the 5 most powerful figures of KPop.

Out of singers, only BTS was selected.

Four company owners, Lee Sooman of SM, Park Jinyoung(JYP) , Bang Sihyuk of Big Hit, as Hybe was called that way back then, and Lee Jieun of Edam Entertainment.

Normally Lee Jieun's spot would be occupied by Micky Lee of CJ Entertainment, but by that point of time, following the Produce scandal, Micky was spending more time on the movie division, culminating with the Oscar winner Parasite, so that spot was taken by the most prominent female owner in the Kpop industry at that time, Lee Jieun who owned 60% of Edam Entertainment back then..

Bang did not want Edam Entertainment attacking Hybe's behind, so he asked Lee Jieun to send Edam Entertainment's best known singer, IU , to sing a signal song for a Hybe-CJ collaboration audition program.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It is hard to say how effective the alliance was, since Lee Jieun continued to menace Hybe despite of IU's collaboration with Bang's audition, but now Hybe could say that it seeked alliance with all major companies of KPop.

• JYP - JYPE and Hybe were kinda distant, but it seems the gap has been mended. As I have said above, JYP seems to be decisive for making Bang make peace with the mainstream pop.

That had been mended in 2008 when Big Hit and JYPE co-managed 2AM, it saved Big Hit from going bankrupt and helped fund their trainees, including the ones that would become BTS.

• That had been mended in 2008 when Big Hit and JYPE co-managed 2AM, it saved Big Hit from going bankrupt and helped fund their trainees, including the ones that would become BTS.

Around 2011 2AM was reverted back to JYP, and JYP did nothing while Bang was hit by the Glam fiasco. Bang said if BTS failed Bang was going to open an egg tart shop, so the gap was certainly there during the initial phase of BTS and only mended because Hybe has sailed way past JYPE.

• HYBE tried to conquer every agency but they couldn't conquer the queen of K-pop, IU's agency.

She is too strong for them :thumbup:

I have told this story many times

Once upon a time there was a town, ruled by a Strange Creature who was about 1,300 years old.

She ruled the town with an iron fist

A band of 7 men got out and conquered the world and marched to their hometown

And the Strange Creature said,

I have seen you guys from the days when you were in your diapers, when you were mischievous boys, and when you were trying to curry my favor.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You might have conquered the entire world, but at this town, I AM THE BOSS.

The 7 men left, and the Strange Creature continued to rule the town with an iron fist.

The End.

• Around 2011 2AM was reverted back to JYP, and JYP did nothing while Bang was hit by the Glam fiasco. Bang said if BTS failed Bang was going to open an egg tart shop, so the gap was certainly there during the initial phase of BTS and only mended because Hybe has sailed way past JYPE.

The double contract ended in 2014, Jo Kwon is on record regretting he didn't sign with Big Hit at the time

• HYBE tried to conquer every agency but they couldn't conquer the queen of K-pop, IU's agency.

She is too strong for them :thumbup:

Tbh Whyknocks extreme stanning of IU and all these comments make me believe that this will escalate into another Jiafei situation (like, IU will be the Allkpop Jiafei)

˙✧˖°🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖ Oh, you make my heart melt away˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖° 🫧 ⋆。˚꩜˙✧˖

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!