WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE...

• When I got into kpop and got to know dispatch releases new couple info during new years there was a genuine curiosity the first time as to who the new couple would be, only to realize and be shocked of what follows after...

Seeing varied reactions toward such a simple thing or the amount the "proof" that is displayed to the world to prove someone is dating was absolutely disgusting...

Now being part of two massive fandoms who have turned against each other and how everything BTS or BP members do get reactions basis if they like the idol or not is absolutely mind-boggling.

Slut shaming the member of the other group and drooling over favs is so common to see instead of actually taking stand against others bullying or harrasing idols for doing something ABSOLUTELY ordinary. And I'm not even talking about knets where these things are a norm and somehow they seem more normal since EVERYONE is on their chopping block...

We more likely see international fans from various nationalities and cultures seeming to have more common sense in general and more acceptance than knets BUT hiding behind so called fandoms, giving up on their morals, ideologies and humanity to an extent just to bash idols of other groups just because of this one sided hatred towards them.

I have heard a million not so good things about Lisa and her family this week just because of crazy horse performance. And its from people of different ages, nationalities and cultures yet whatever is said depends more on which fandom they are than their own beliefs...

Now with the video of JK going around and how the hate is being normalized just depending on the fandom factor is absolutely ridiculous..

Like where is the collective outrage towards such leaks and news. Why aren't people trending towards such vile people who record people idols in their private space be it airport lounges or bedrooms... blurry videos, AI, morphing faces just to create news are just minor examples....why aren't people sending trucks to south Korea bashing dispatch when they come out with dating "scandals" ruining idols according to the amount being payed to them.

International fans brought so many changes to kpop and the whole Korean mindset. But giving up on this power for the sake of fandom fights and putting idols down just to get an ego kick rather than defending them, normalizing and supporting them to live their God damn life ...

If you are part of this whole fandom culture esp when these type of things go down and your narrative changes depending on who the idol is then YOU are the problem and you are a bully.

I wish there will be more collective outrage towards such things in the future.

• i don't care what lisa does with her life. i'm an anarchist so that would be weird. i wish her the best. i also don't like being part of mobs and whatever. i don't even want to be part of any fandom. as far as the fans or haters getting too invasive, like what can we actually do about that? people are gonna people. sucks but that's the reality of the situation. lotta unhinged sociopaths out there

• So what exactly do you want? Most of the outrage about Lisa is from the typical sources. Losers on like Pann and whatever site losers 40 yo Koreans men comment on in Korea. There isn’t much anyone can do about it even companies. Haters gonna hate.

• Certainly, let's delve deeper into this complex issue:

Much of this issue originates from the contentious world of fanwars, and sexist double standards within the industry. Jealousy also plays an important role, particularly among female fans towards their female idols, creating a web of perceptions and biases.

Before I came across your post, I couldn't help but saw a glaring inconsistency in how fans critique and celebrate idols...again. For instance, someone took it upon themselves to belittle Lisa for her outfit at Crazy Horse, only to passionately champion Topless Jungkook in another Twitter thread. The difference in reactions is striking. Jungkook is praised for his explicit lyrics and his willingness to openly explore themes of sexuality in his songs, an artistic choice that, in itself, should be respected. Yet, many of these individuals who celebrate his boldness might hastily label BP's "Ice Cream" as cheap due to its more subtle, ambiguous lyrics. This contradiction raises important questions about the way we perceive and value artistic expression in different contexts.

The heart of the matter is the perception of women using their sex appeal for fan service and marketing. It has consistently been met with criticism, often branded as "cheap" or "attention-seeking." This double standard, however, becomes all the more perplexing when you consider that many of these same critics are not immune to falling for their favorite artists when they employ sex appeal for fan service. The underlying message seems to be that it's acceptable when it aligns with their personal preferences, yet objectionable when it doesn't.

This issue not only highlights the need for a more equitable and nuanced understanding of gender dynamics in the world of entertainment but also prompts us to reflect on our own biases as fans and consumers of media. It calls for a deeper examination of how we perceive and judge artists, particularly women, and the impact of these perceptions on their careers and creative freedom.

But that’s a way to deep conversation for AKP …

• tldr pls, can't read so much

• I just logged in and am not sure what video you are referring to in regards to JK?

Probably I don't want to know.

I hope Twitter will get monitized so that most of the userbase will leave. The hate there is insane and there is very little moderation.

Remember when people who said on forums even 10% of what some people say on Twitter would be banned within a few minutes and that's the end of it.

The thing I hate most is that people feel justified to spread hate because "that other fandom did it as well."

Actually, that is no justification at all to hate another idol. That is a choice that person made themselves. If you hate how someone behaves, then talk shit about that person and don't go crazy hating the idol who has nothing to do with it.

• I see what you're doing here. Unlike, OP who is much fairer, it's all about how ARMY is bad and BP is the victim.

The amount of times I have seen disgusting hate (misgendering, calling them animals, wishing horrible things on them, making fun of relatives having passed away, bodyshaming, calling them homophobic slurs) from some Blinks to BTS members is countless. You could also say there is a double standard in that they are just supposed to take that because they are men, while it's only awful when it happens against women. Do I think it's all Blinks or even most Blinks? No.

I will also point out that a big part of the hate against BlackPink members comes from solo stans of the other BlackPink members.

All of it is wrong. I hate when armys do it too. When I see these fights it's always cringe and stupid and sometimes so ridiculously disgusting that I wonder how insane those people are.

But I am not going to pretend as if this is a one-sided, or even a two-sided thing. Hate comes from all sides and people feel more and more justified in their own stupid hate because of the hate that comes from other fandoms, so the weirdos become collectively more weird as their own hate triggers more hate from the other weirdos.

• She didn't even see or tried to comprehend what OP is trying to say. She just saw Jungkook's name and decided to do her usual word vomiting to push her agendas. Everyone knows her and her agenda on this forum and it will be just a waste of time if you try to have a sensible discussion with her. Because let me tell you, she doesn't care about the topic at all otherwise she would know that OP is putting Jungkook as a victim here, sandee just cares about pushing her narrative.

• Jealousy also plays an important role, particularly among female fans towards their female idols, creating a web of perceptions and biases.

stopped reading at this stereotypical misogynistic take. internalised misogyny is a disease, get treatment.

most of the hate your fave has been getting lately came primarly from 40y/o men but sure let's keep pushing these outdated, nauseating anti-women stereotypes, they'll definitely solve the sexism you're talking about.

• Exceptionally put... yes ive seen this happen one too many times AND both way esp when you like both these groups and my my the comments and the double standards are baffling .. AKP might not get it but sometimes better to rant it out...

Also I used Lisa, JK, BTS and Blackpink as just examples... I am talking in general about how idols get so much hate for just doing what they want and fans who in their own personal lives have a set of values and humanity and the minute it's about a member or a group they dislike in kpop they just dump of all it just for the sake of talking nonsense and bashing

• Hm... I think the issue with Lisa's crazy horse gig is the fact that people have a very puritan perspective of what Kpop is supposed to be like. I've seen so many people say they prefer Kpop because it's not overly sexual compared to Western pop... creating an imbalance in which when female idols (unlike male idols) display any sort of sexual innuendos they will be more scrutinized and criticized.

The hate Lisa has been getting is coming from all sides IMO.

• My post was pretty fair too. Just because I used Jungkook as an example doesn’t mean I was just referring to Armys. I even made clear that I’m talking about individuals and not a fandom as a whole lol.

• stopped reading at this stereotypical misogynistic take. internalised misogyny is a disease, get treatment.

most of the hate your fave has been getting lately came primarly from 40y/o men but sure let's keep pushing these outdated, nauseating anti-women stereotypes, they'll definitely solve the sexism you're talking about.

Maybe if u learned some comprehension skills and learned to reply after reading the whole thing, you wouldn’t be replying nonsense.

1. this was one of the reasons I mentioned after fanwars and sexist double standards. Double standards was my main point of my whole post and it becomes clearer if you continued reading.

2. No my faves primarily gets hate from people who belong to a rival fandom or solo Stans.

2. women being jealous of other women isn’t a Internalized misogynistic take, depending on the context, it’s the consequence of patriarchy pitting women against other and society as a whole being more critical towards women.

I once thought thought you’re actually able to critically view a post and response to that. I don’t know what happened

PS* I found it funny that you obviously acknowledge internalized misogyny, yet can’t recognize how exactly this leads to what I said. But ok lol

• A whole bunch of nonsense

I specifically mentioned the hate Lisa has been getting lately, because that's what this thread is about. That hatred has been coming primarily from middle aged men and blaming it on jealous fangirls won't solve the societal double standards you're worried about.

That being said, what's been happening between Armys and blinks is a reciprocated rivalry-induced hatred. It does delve into slut shaming and misogynistic attacks sometimes, but that has a lot to do with fandom rivalry and wars and too little to do with fangirls being jealous of female idols. Just like how blinks' hate delves into transphobia, homophobia and body shaming but I digress. There's a reason you see the same kind of attacks exchanged even between fandoms of fellow girl groups. It's all about rivalry and competition.

Ps: I never thought you were particularly critical in your thinking and posting or capable of looking beyond your fandom lenses and lacing every argument with fandom rivalry bullshit, like you did in your og post here. So it's all fine if your opinion on my critical understanding and reading comprehension changed, I never cared for it to begin with 😉

• Exceptionally put... yes ive seen this happen one too many times AND both way esp when you like both these groups and my my the comments and the double standards are baffling .. AKP might not get it but sometimes better to rant it out...

Also I used Lisa, JK, BTS and Blackpink as just examples... I am talking in general about how idols get so much hate for just doing what they want and fans who in their own personal lives have a set of values and humanity and the minute it's about a member or a group they dislike in kpop they just dump of all it just for the sake of talking nonsense and bashing

In the name of fanwars own values don’t matter anymore.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!