Jack Harlows Verse In "3D" Wasn't Needed & Kinda Messed The Song Up For ME personally..

• as a American, I'm used to rap and the dirtiest lyrics to the cleanest lyrics, so I didn't necessarily care about what Jack was saying...even though I was a little shocked by some of his words since it's a kpop idols song.

the only parts that gagged me a little is him saying "I got you playing with yourself in front of the camera" and the "you got me horny" lines lmaoooo.

overall, I just feel his verse didnt match the song completely...but Jungkook saved the song as usual, and I can definitely see my self listening to it a lot.

(i didn't like how they let Jack Harlow be the one to close the song off either too)

also btw there's a alternative version with just Jungkook on the song on music platforms thankfully, for those who don't like that type of rap.

some people on Twitter was displeased too, it's kinda funny seeing the reactions :

Screenshot_20230929_003436_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003502_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003527_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003814_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003740_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003713_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003616_X.jpg

Screenshot_20230929_003653_X.jpg

• Yeah, Jack sounded like he kinda phoned it in.

I have no idea how that verse cleared. It was like he just gave them whatever, and they took it.

Seems the angle he was going for was to NOT be on beat, and sometimes it works and actually sounds cool depending on the song. This was not one of those times.

If he had just stayed on beat and stayed in the pocket, he could have made the song better instead of worse.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• the thing is, he just seemed off beat at times and the stuff he was talking about didn't make sense💀

like at least with Latto on "Seven", her lyrics had a curse word or two and she insinuated some sexual stuff..ok whatever.

but her verse FIT.

like she mentioned the weekends, she talked about the number 7, she talked about the guy skipping work and etc to chase her and fall for her...like it just matched you know?

but Jack baby......idk who gave him the okay for that wack verse :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

• tokki-swag

Changed the title of the thread from “Jack Harlows Verse In "3D" Wasn't Needed & Kinda Messed The Song Up For ME personally...overall though, the song is great cuz of JUNGKOOK verses” to “Jack Harlows Verse In "3D" Wasn't Needed & Kinda Messed The Song Up For ME personally..”.
  • some ARMYs on Twitter are calling the people who didn't like Jack Harlows verse a "grandma" and "stiff hag" :boompepe:

they funny asf

me personally it wasn't him being explicit and cursing, cuz that's whatever.

i listen to Plaboi Carti, NBA Youngboy, Lil uzi, Trippie redd, and so on.

its just his verse was too random and all over the place lol

• Me, a stiff hag, jamming to the Jungkook only version of 3D.

old-lady.gif

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• some ARMYs are calling the people who didn't like Jack Harlows verse a "grandma" and "stiff hag" :boompepe:

they funny asf

i dont think they're "army" at this point ..

if you notice it's only a few pple defending it and getting "emotional" about it and bringing up how this "affects jk's career"- typical tactic

• There will come a day when we'll have a JK only song and it'll blow away everything else :iconpepe: for now we'll have to put up with these cheesy and unecessary features.

His vocals dont need anyone else, this we've known for years.

• There will come a day when we'll have a JK only song and it'll blow away everything else :iconpepe: for now we'll have to put up with these cheesy and unecessary features.

His vocals dont need anyone else, this we've known for years.

Nothing but facts spoken friend :pepe-toilet:

• Jack didn’t do it for me though, he didn’t really add anything. There’s a fine line between se.x positive and misogynistic coming from two male artists, and Jack‘s verses are veering toward the latter.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Hi,

As a fan of rap and hiphop music in general, a majority of this generation's rappers leave a lot to be desired (however, as with any genre there's some good ones obviously).

Jack Harlow has done much better in previous releases, so it was a bit of an ear shock to hear his bars. IMO, he MAILED it in and it was really disappointing. Talk lyrics all you want, but his flow --- specifically his structure and rhyme patterns did not match the BPM (or was it just me?) and his vocal delivery was not up to par (even by his previous releases).

Seriously, this is a global artist (JK) with a massive following and this is what you're going to drop in the song? C'mon Jack!

• I think it's fine not to like the verse (I personally don't mind it because I had low expectations for his part) but it's super annoying on Twitter where people are writing an entire thesis about why they don't like it. Nobody caaaaares. It's all over my FYP so I can't even avoid it. Lol

• Ngl, I want the alternative version to have higher streams than the main track..:pepe-narrow-eyes:

Armys on twitter was saying to stream the collab version, because thats obviously the one thats being pushed.

And you'll mess his placement up on charts if you just stream the alt version

As typical in most of these top chart rap verses :boompepe:

Luckily theres an alt. Version, hopefully that one will have more clout just like Seven explicit version (although I prefer the clean version)

• while criticizing Lisa for her Crazy Horse performance.

We are all selective grandma hags!!

• Between the pearlclutching about this song and Lisa's performance in Paris, I am side-eyeing a lot sheltered k-pop fans right now. If you think JH's verse is lazy, that's fine! That's a valid comment. It's the ones upset JK is engaging in sexual innuendo in his songs at all that have me rolling my eyes. All your favs are growing up and will be expressing themselves in a more sexual way, I guarantee it. If people have been using K-Pop as a way to evade the "evils" of Western pop, I think those people have an uncomfortable awakening coming their way.

• Oh, I thought I probably was the only one, who felt like Jack Harlow ruined the song. (just my personal opinion)

Yeah, I'm not that big fan of those lyrics. (some of you would probably call me a hypocrite)

When I seen that body you would think it was a dead body

He seriously rhymed "body" with "body"...

Even I could write a better rap lol

When I saw the word "loose"

I was thinking "It would have been funny if he had rhymed it with 'goose'" (because of my username)

• Between the pearlclutching about this song and Lisa's performance in Paris, I am side-eyeing a lot sheltered k-pop fans right now. If you think JH's verse is lazy, that's fine! That's a valid comment. It's the ones upset JK is engaging in sexual innuendo in his songs at all that have me rolling my eyes. All your favs are growing up and will be expressing themselves in a more sexual way, I guarantee it. If people have been using K-Pop as a way to evade the "evils" of Western pop, I think those people have an uncomfortable awakening coming their way.

Also, its not like Jungkook wrote the whole song anyway, so be mad at the writers

• 3 girls you horny

4 girls you whorin

:pepe-peek:

• all these collabs feel so forced and unnecessary, latto delivered so i didnt mind the song featuring another singer/rapper but jack harlow didnt add anything to the song, the ones gaining something out of these collabs are the western artists and not jungkook so i hope his next single is a solo song with korean (more interesting) lyrics

• I didn't mind his first verse tbh... It flows well with the song I feel. The collab was too big for him and I guess that's why he decided to gloat about himself. But I do agree that he shouldn't have ended the song. That was a pretty bad ending.

I won't say I prefer alternate version because I do feel his verse goes well into the last chorus which is magical but yeah didn't need that last verse. It would have been a great song if not for that ending because that last chorus was THE high point of the song.

• all these collabs feel so forced and unnecessary, latto delivered so i didnt mind the song featuring another singer/rapper but jack harlow didnt add anything to the song, the ones gaining something out of these collabs are the western artists and not jungkook so i hope his next single is a solo song with korean (more interesting) lyrics

the whole EP is English just FYI

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!