NEWJEANS ARE THE MOST BORING PERFORMERS OF 4TH GEN

• on the contrary I think music show performances are boring af in general and i think concert/festival performances are likely better representations of their capabilities. nwjns’ lollapalooza set was great and i think they were charismatic to watch (esp minji hanni and dani).

are they the best performers of 4th gen? imo no, but i think some fault of that can be credited to their laid back songs, which don’t leave a lot of room for the typical “hype” that people define stage presence with

• for reasons i don't understand, trolls here tend to be men. and it's a well known thing that men love to hate on successful, talented girls.

If that was the case, the majority of trollish men here (and I dont disagree that most of the trolls are men) would be boy group fans. But they aren't. They are either fans of OTHER girl groups or, in the case of disingenuous f'wits (like you know who) clearly not kpop fans at all.

• for reasons i don't understand, trolls here tend to be men. and it's a well known thing that men love to hate on successful, talented girls.

It's an evidence of their success. Their hate train in reddit and in here is already on par with Bts and Bp. That telling all of us something.

• Good music, boring performances

After all, people listen to music more than watching performances, so they will be fine

As compared to groups that are good perforners but bad music (you know who)

• I tried to watch their lolapalooza performance because everybody was praising them as one of the performance able to match with Blackpink Coachella

and personally i was bored for the 10 minutes i forced myself to watch

the problem is that i don't know if it's the girls way of performing who isn't appealing to me

or if the problem is because of their songs cuz their music have this slow chill vibe so watching their performance i don't feel any energy or get entertain compare to when i watch groups perform songs more energetic

and the only performance i like was a performance they did during a music show for Super shy but because they were accompanied by 20 other dancers, i don't know if the performance felt more lively because of them

but compare to their debut era seems like the girls improved on their facial expression, especially haerin and minji seems to try to be more lively on stage

so i would want to see them comeback with a more upbeat songs to perform on stage alone to really have an opinion

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• If you don’t like their performances, don’t watch them.

There is no shortage of people who love to watch them on stage and that’s why their stages are some of the most popular from any group.

You can stay mad and your opinion isn’t important.

But here's the problem: INTERNET RECOMMENDATIONS EXIST.

Especially since K-pop seems to be one of the most popular music genres internationally so far (followed by regular pop music and rock). I bet you $50 that there's probably a YouTube ad somewhere on the net from this group or another K-pop group's music video.

While I agree with the fact that there's no shortage of people who love to watch them on stage, mind you, we're just pointing out why we think otherwise, me included. The reason I'm not much of a fan of NewJeans is actually because of their performances. It's pretty monotonous to watch and predictive since you can tell the exact moment the members change their emotions, faces, etc. And I am COMPLETELY not a fan of boring performances.

But of course, who am I to judge? I just listen to everything up to 3rd-gen K-pop.

And her cold voice sings a melody/Hear her sing/Hell frozen rain falls down ☆

내 안에니가또 차오른다/숨을꼭참고 널 참아본다

• But here's the problem: INTERNET RECOMMENDATIONS EXIST.

Especially since K-pop seems to be one of the most popular music genres internationally so far (followed by regular pop music and rock). I bet you $50 that there's probably a YouTube ad somewhere on the net from this group or another K-pop group's music video.

While I agree with the fact that there's no shortage of people who love to watch them on stage, mind you, we're just pointing out why we think otherwise, me included. The reason I'm not much of a fan of NewJeans is actually because of their performances. It's pretty monotonous to watch and predictive since you can tell the exact moment the members change their emotions, faces, etc. And I am COMPLETELY not a fan of boring performances.

But of course, who am I to judge? I just listen to everything up to 3rd-gen K-pop.

Good for you? I'm sure we're all grateful for the reminder that music is a subjective experience. I don't think we would've come to that realization without you bumping a month old thread to talk about how much NewJeans bores you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!