[theqoo] Knetz react to one of biggest mysteries in KPOP Idol Industry

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Pristin, which debuted on March 21, 2017 and was strong enough to win the rookie award
    They started unit activity only after about 9 months after WE LIKE. And after WE LIKE, they totally ignored their group activities
    After being neglected again after the unit promotion, they disbanded on May 24, 2019
    They only ever promoted as a full group about 4 months

No matter I try to understand, I don't get why they were neglected like that

original post: here

1. Even looking at them again, I find these kids so pretty ㅠㅠㅠ

2. What is Siyeonie doing lately?ㅜㅜ

3. I still remember they were the rookies who received the best response at the time they debuted...

4. WEE WOO was so freaking good

5. Seriously what a waste..

6. Even their unit's song was so good

7. I'm honestly so curious

8. Siyeon is seriously holy water. She needs to sue all of them. She was scammed into this job

9. The stages and the songs were all so good ㅠ

10. The members were seriously all so good ...ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly Pristin disbandment is such a miss opportunity

I know they could have been so big if Pledis gave them the opportunity to grow

especially with how much popular siyeon, nayoung, Pinky were

honestly such a wasted opportunity and their music was soooooo good

Just few days ago i was listening to WEE WOO again and We like, and they are still going as hard than they used to

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Was it because their label didn't have money?

Or did the members have individual issues that prevented them from promoting as a group?

Or, was the most popular member(s) Chinese and they returned home living the group in a difficult position to move forward?

Or maybe they were just not bankable enough to be promoted.

It's puzzling why!?!

External Content youtu.be

• It is a bit of mystery because it seems like a group that should have more success.

My guess is a combination of label mismanagement, having Chinese members (which never seems to help in Korea) and the style of music. I think the concept they had was a bit dated and on the way out in 2016-2017. I think they have a lot of good songs but many of them sound like something from 2012 so I could see why they wouldn't be popular at a time when groups like TWICE were completely dominating with a much more fresh sound.

• I remember the thread that claimed they would be bigger than Twice.

Good times.

• Pledis is just dumb in general. It allready begun back when one of their female soloists stoped doing music, later on Orange Caramel overshadowed After School, altho Orange Caramel was just suposed to be a sub-unit and later on they mistreated NU'EST very badly. The only good going group with where people think they had no issues is SEVENTEEN, but they still have their own issues with Pledis. I mean some years ago a nurse leaked how often members would visit the hospital she works at and that they mostly come from being overworked where they get a lot back and foot problems from. Also there had been rumors that the staff wasn't too nice to Vernon when he used to be a trainee (apparently rascism against him just cause he dosn't looks Asian). And no idea about this one girlgroup that is also now signed to Pledis, but wouldn't surprise me if they have problems too. Also sucks a lot when I first heard they had new trainees for a potentional boygroup and girlgroup. Overall, this company sucks tho.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Pledis is trash. Still haven't forgiven them for how they treated After School.

And I mainly hate that company for everything they did wrong with NU'EST -.- how could they disband them literally on their 10th anniversary? The boys thought the special album they are doing is to celebrate the 10th year but nope Pledis got them disbanded. Many people claim it wasn't actually Pledis's fault but rather Hybe since Pledis was owned by Hybe for about 2 years when NU'EST had disbanded and people thought Hybe had an issue with NU'EST. Bruh still, no mather who was in charge of thinking "yep let's disband them" is such a butt ... No wonder that Ren, Aron and Jonghyeon decided to leave Pledis

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!