New Jeans officially the 2nd biggest GG globally??

• Just incase it wasn't clear enough that NJ are currently disrupting the GG hierarchy, they've really distinguished themselves as the next global phenomena to come out of k-pop after BTS/BLACKPINK 👀

They will soon enough have the 2nd best selling GG album & 3rd most streamed GG album

Their streaming strength is unmatched by any anyone except BTS/BP infact NJ strength on Apple music is poised to be the best ever especially since they're only releasing Korean songs so far

Sure twice will maintain the touring aspect but yeah even those records I can see them being broken by NJ 4-5 years from now

Can they one day surpass BP? I personally don't think so mainly cause I see BP going even further than expected & BP having 4 powerful soloists within the group gives them a revolutionary advantage but NJ will definitely make their own mark ✔️

• Globally? Have they surpassed Twice yet?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Newjeans definitely gunning for Twice globally. But boy oh boy, it's hard to argue with Twice's concert attendance. 50k at SOFI Stadium is insane, would NJ even have 5k for a concert there? :pepe-shrug:

NJ is currently seriously challenging BP US achievements with get up

I think they will be able to hold large scale arena concerts in US as soon as summer 2024

BP & twice will not be the last GGs to hold stadium concerts

• Yep,In all aspects except touring ✔️

How can a group that's only been out a year have a bigger fan base than Twice aka the nation's girl group of the last 7 years?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• NJ is currently seriously challenging BP US achievements with get up

I think they will be able to hold large scale arena concerts in US as soon as summer 2024

BP & twice will not be the last GGs to hold stadium concerts

Yep. If NJ starts placing songs in the top 40 of the Hot 100, BP is in trouble. And with this whole Teddy partnering with MNET for ILAND2 in 2024, who knows when BP will get their next full group comeback even if they all re-sign. 2025 seems to be the earliest. Teddy used up his 2023 energy with Somi's album, next year is ILAND2.

• Yep. If NJ starts placing songs in the top 40 of the Hot 100, BP is in trouble. And with this whole Teddy partnering with MNET for ILAND2 in 2024, who knows when BP will get their next full group comeback even if they all re-sign. 2025 seems to be the earliest. Teddy used up his 2023 energy with Somi's album, next year is ILAND2.

Get up might chart 4 songs on the hot 100 & secure the biggest streaming week for a GG ever

Dude teddy is BP creative director,he only produced/wrote 2 songs on born pink as a main contributer

BP3 will come out in 2024 & it will have minimal teddy contribution but he will still be the executive producer

• It's a little silly to compare touring numbers between a veteran girl group of 7 years to a one year old rookie. newjeans certainly doesn't have that kind of fandom power yet. but people are tuning into their music.

I anticipate that they'll definitely be giving the top groups a run for their money once the members get older and there's less of a stigma surrounding stanning them.

also, they haven't begun western promotions yet but they're poised to do well there too: all the members speak english, a couple of them fluently, and their recent songs are like 60% in english anyway.

in conclusion: probably, but let them marinate a bit

• this, people are being obtuse about metrics for reasons. But if you graph every relevant GG’s growth out, then no curve is as steep as the one NJ is on

• if u sell near 2m albums u should have too

where do those come from then? bc bp was selling domes at their second year, was sellin arenas of 20k for 3 days in thailand in 2019 that was with like 300k sales

so those numbers gotta come from somewhere

• Have u seen melon charts lately? 😂

NJ currently has more selling power than twice

They're outcharting every act not named Ive right now.

And their international numbers are insane. Now that you pointed out the Spotify stats for Bornpink/TA vs the new NJ comeback...you could argue that New Jeans is actually challenging BP itself globally and the US.

Ive's popularity in Korea is literally the only thing standing between NJ and total world domination =O=O , the line in the sand will be drawn there.

• if u sell near 2m albums u should have too

where do those come from then? bc bp was selling domes at their second year, was sellin arenas of 20k for 3 days in thailand in 2019 that was with like 300k sales

so those numbers gotta come from somewhere

kpop album sales are inflated af in these days

I remember when domestically popular groups could only sell 100,000

• Fair enough but yeah all signs point to that ✔️

• kpop album sales are inflated af in these days

I remember when domestically popular groups could only sell 100,000

a gg selling 2m albums should not struggle to sell a small arena in the usa or europe

that should just not happen, if bp and twice could do it 4 years ago, these ggs should have no issue

• They're outcharting every act not named Ive right now.

And their international numbers are insane. Now that you pointed out the Spotify stats for Bornpink/TA vs the new NJ comeback...you could argue that New Jeans is actually challenging BP itself globally and the US.

Ive's popularity in Korea is literally the only thing standing between NJ and total world domination =O=O , the line in the sand will be drawn there.

NJ is not yet challenging BP global metrics (excl. US)

In the US they're poised to become the best performing GG on streaming by 2024 IF BP DON'T COME THROUGH WITH REAL 🔥

• a gg selling 2m albums should not struggle to sell a small arena in the usa or europe

that should just not happen, if bp and twice could do it 4 years ago, these ggs should have no issue

we won't know until they do it. I think once they actually start promoting overseas, they'll hit it big

• we won't know until they do it. I think once they actually start promoting overseas, they'll hit it big

but aespa its trying and it doing bad, thats what I bring them up

itzy, done death deal

and what its overseas pormo even? bc befre bp tour in 2019 they didnt do much "Overseas", neither twice except japan

aespa sell out tokyo dome but aside from that and compared to twice and bp (the only ggs with fandom power to sell dome at their 3r year) they arent doing well

• YouTube music, killing it

Japan, killing it

China, don’t think so

Not YouTube music. YouTube MV the free platform.

They also have to get the music video views. Paid streaming service is just not a thing for many people still so you gotta get those streams on YouTube MV as well for that so it’s an important metric.

Oh good to know they’re killing it in Japan. As they should.

I think Gidle have China currently. Not sure how they do in Japan tho. I just saw their sales in China for their album. No other GG than them from 4th gen was listed there this year so I assume they’re #1 there.

• How are they doing in China, Japan and YouTube

I feel like it’s too soon to call the race for 4th Gen unless someone can lead in all/most of these platforms which blackpink did.

Meh on China

Great in Japan Digitally, needs to wait a proper physical release to see their fandom size

Great in YT, literally the biggest 4th gen kpop act in the last 12 months with over 2 billion streams, ahead of Stray Kids even. Bellow Twice though (by ~200 million) and far far bellow BTS and BP (6 and 7 billion streams respectively)

I feel like it’s too soon to call the race for 4th Gen unless someone can lead in all/most of these platforms which blackpink did.

hybe is ass in views so they should not be counted imo

like every single bts solo but jk did bad there, every group do bad there

japan is where hybe ggs do well

and china..well lmao

They're unrivalled in Japan

Not much presence in China like all of hybe groups

Their overall YT streams are good & best among all 4th gen groups but it's clear they're not prioritizing YT MV views at all

• For BP to start making awful music like twice 2016-2018 bsides level bad lol

If BP disbands I won't be able to Stan NJ either since I'll just drift away from K-pop

now now don't need to start denegrating other groups

I like twice bsides they have a lot of great bsides!!!

hmmm...hardy's entire AKP future is dependent on BP's contract renewal

• Twice music got better but those early years were...rough buddy 💀

K-pop in general but BP is not going anywhere either so 😌

hmm...one person's trash is another's treasure

START?

:pepe-hehe:

in this thread...I can't remember if it was this one or the other one but someone actually praised hardy for not attacking NJ notwithstanding their success...

twice on the hand is apparently fair game to ahrdy lol

• This thread contains 214 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!