2ne1 Minzy is one of the biggest all-rounders in kpop

• Crazy to see me creating this thread, since I engaged a lot in blackjacks vs sones fanwars when I was a kid lol But I was thinking about all-rounders, and noticed how I never saw Minzy name being mentioned, actually, I didn't notice how Minzy is an all-rounder till now.

Her vocals are at a main vocal level, not in a subjective way, but she's actually the one with proper technique in 2ne1:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Her rap is decent, even if her other skills are more impressive:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dance... I don't have the need of describe. Minzy is one of the representative dancers of 2nd gen.

She deserves more hype, even within the fandom Minzy was underrated.

• The only thing about her for me is she lacks of star power to make her stand out. It's not about her visual, she was just lacking in confidence and charisma compared to her members which make her less interesting.

• It's hard to be confident when their ceo said so many nasty things about their visuals ;( 2ne1 concept doesn't seem to be Minzy's favorite too, in Unnies she said something about wanting to be seem in a more womanly way (it's a vague memory), her role in 2ne1 seemed more tomboysh compared to the other girls.

I wasn't really a 2ne1 fan but I have seen Minzy in Sister's Slam Dunk and she captured me. Sadly her solo career dried up quickly. :(

This show made me interested in her too, I was impressed by how charming she is and her vocal talent

• One of my favorite Kpop covers was done by her :

Superwoman is my favorite Minzy's song. It represents her so well, the message is positive and the performances are delightful :

• Are the people in this thread really saying that Minzy lacks stage presence? Minzy has always been the one with the best stage presence after CL. The problem is that YG has never valued her either in the look or in the promotions and Blackjacks were composed mainly of solo stans

Minzy (feat Unnies) performs Ninano (니나노) at Konkuk University Festival 2017 (건국대학교축제)
    Minzy performing her song as part of an encore performance along with Unnies.Somi really gets into the dance break! haha
    www.youtube.com

• It's hard to be confident when their ceo said so many nasty things about their visuals ;( 2ne1 concept doesn't seem to be Minzy's favorite too, in Unnies she said something about wanting to be seem in a more womanly way (it's a vague memory), her role in 2ne1 seemed more tomboysh compared to the other girls.

This show made me interested in her too, I was impressed by how charming she is and her vocal talent

Yes, she had that idol-glow in that show. Both dance skills and vocals were above average. Personality-wise she was soft-spoken but likeable. I even found her looks and styling really fitting and beautiful. It was a shame that she was losing the attention of the industry so quickly. I couldn't really understand why.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!