Apparently Fifty Fifty’s CEO invested ~6M USD (mostly) for TikTok promo

• No wonder that the girls are trying to run away if this info is true, that promo is too excessive. They are pushing them into a big dept...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah no way they should have their contract annuled they think the ceo can basically make them and push them and they want out?

On one hand I agree with you.

But on the other hand, those numbers if true are insane - if they were not made aware and had any influence over this, this is one BIG, BIG debt to have for something that doesn't guarantee any income...

Edited once, last by Ciri ().

• 6m USD is a lot just to push a song viral on TikTok.

Are the number real?

for comparison: I read that NJ debut cost around 15m, with all the promo, mv, album design :skull:

• On one hand I agree with you.

But on the other hand, those numbers if true are insane - if they were not made aware and had any influence over this, this is one BIG, BIG debt to have for something that guarantee any income...

I dont think it would just be their debt would be in the contracts. Fact is they got noticed due to tik tok and could have built a career off that but now cant.

Are the number real?

for comparison: I read that NJ debut cost around 15m, with all the promo, mv, album design :skull:

Thats just how much they let you know about for sure it cost more.

• Are the number real?

Apparently it's from a leaked e-mail from a ceo. So we will never know for sure unless media will pick it up or we will get some official document/statement from the CEO himself.

Honestly for him it would look good to release something like that to show the public how "manipulated and ungrateful" the girls are and that he is the good guy.

• Apparently it's from a leaked e-mail from a ceo. So we will never know for sure unless media will pick it up or we will get some official document/statement from the CEO himself.

Honestly for him it would look good to release something like that to show the public how "manipulated and ungrateful" the girls are and that he is the good guy.

if this number is true, someone is even more stupid than BBC :skull:

Loona debut cost around 2-3M USD, right?

I think it would make him look worse because he is the one with the story to "sell his car and the next female bts thing"

Are the number real?

I think companies usually count everything not just album design but album production cost as well,

the one thing tho they all notoriously do is adding unnecessary things to that 'cost' let's say vocal coach or dance coach payments, but hey hello there, if you are kpop agency you should have those coaches on your payroll, and treat them as your regular workers, so you shouldn't count this in costs of debuting a group

I remember that STAYC's producers Black Eyed Pilseung said that sometimes it costs 1.5-2M USD to produce a girl group album, but it's another point, how can music producer who already had all needed audio recorders, and necessary electronics say things like this? He/they shouldn't... it's music agency after all, so it also should be prepared and shouldn't be counted in that production cost.

It's like with LOONA when they've said that investment was huge 8-9M USD, but later Jadeon Jeong said that the real one was about 2M USD and that huge number was just a media play...

External Content www.youtube.com

• I've already known this but it would look like a mean ole ARMY hates seeing rookie "nugu" ggs succeed to point it out. TOTC already said that their label was using Tik Tok heating and paying for Spotify Discovery Mode with autoplay but no, token stanners of AKP made threads upon threads about this song being "organic" and "ended BTS" :eyeroll-pepe:

• Kpop fans are wierd as fuck.

They be ranting 24/7 about kpop companies not promoting their idols but when companies do spend to promote the idols they have a problem with this too

• Ciri the title is misleading the amount its 6M won not 6M usd, its a big difference.

Screenshot_2023-06-30-21-52-16-07.jpg

• I see 6 million won, which about 4.5 thousand USD

It's 8 Billion Won.

• I've already known this but it would look like a mean ole ARMY hates seeing rookie "nugu" ggs succeed to point it out. TOTC already said that their label was using Tik Tok heating and paying for Spotify Discovery Mode with autoplay but no, token stanners of AKP made threads upon threads about this song being "organic" and "ended BTS" :eyeroll-pepe:

it was organic

the sped up version was what became popular and was created by users on tiktok

• No way they invested 6M on TT. Tik tok promo is really cheap

I've already known this but it would look like a mean ole ARMY hates seeing rookie "nugu" ggs succeed to point it out. TOTC already said that their label was using Tik Tok heating and paying for Spotify Discovery Mode with autoplay but no, token stanners of AKP made threads upon threads about this song being "organic" and "ended BTS" :eyeroll-pepe:

:annoyedk: Who say FF ended BTS like let’s be serious

• if this number is true, someone is even more stupid than BBC :skull:

Loona debut cost around 2-3M USD, right?

I think it would make him look worse because he is the one with the story to "sell his car and the next female bts thing"

That was what its former creative director said, what BBC itself published was way different, almost 9b won.

I remember a music insider said LOONA's predebut MVs were of high qualities mostly, must worth like 200m won each by average. So, the 2m USD could not even possibly cover music video cost.

Yes. How much could the price of his car cover that 6m? If members don't leave that shit company quick, they will not be female BTS but the the next LOONA.

• Kpop fans are wierd as fuck.

They be ranting 24/7 about kpop companies not promoting their idols but when companies do spend to promote the idols they have a problem with this too

not reason coming from u

dsddj

like its also funny how bigger companies with way more reach probably invested as much or more and it take them nowhere

and the fandom of said groups are piss off nobody cares

• Ciri the title is misleading the amount its 6M won not 6M usd, its a big difference.

Screenshot_2023-06-30-21-52-16-07.jpg

The 8M won (~6M USD) is in the first tweet that talks about CEO. The 2nd one (with the screenshot and not text) is an example of mails that companys get with the proposition of promo and the prices

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Not sure what to think of a random Korean indie label leaking this. Like, what's their connection to Attract and why would it be in their interest to leak it?

however, I have heard before that big advertisement campaigns on tiktok can cost upwards of $100,000 a week for a company, so 6 million sounds like a lot. If true, then it definitely served its purpose.

But in the end it doesn't really matter if it's true or not, in the age of algorithms hardly anything is consumed "organically". Only question is if we think that's a bad thing or not...

• not reason coming from u

dsddj

like its also funny how bigger companies with way more reach probably invested as much or more and it them nowhere

Obviously even with all the debt and loans fiftyfifty's company could still practically nowhere match anything close to the amount big4 spends on promotion of their groups. Kpop stans should sometimes just shut the fuck up instead of acting as know it all experts

• Obviously even with all the debt and loans fiftyfifty's company could still practically nowhere match anything close to the amount big4 spends on promotion of their groups. Kpop stans should sometimes just shut the fuck up instead of acting as know it all experts

they dont think bc they are blinded by jealosy

specially big4 stans, u didnt get the tiktok hit, get over it

• The 8M won (~6M USD) is in the first tweet that talks about CEO. The 2nd one (with the screenshot and not text) is an example of mails that companys get with the proposition of promo and the prices

pasted-from-clipboard.png

IMG_20230630_221902.jpg

That 8B won tweet nowhere explicitly says that all of that 8B won was spend on tiktok, 8B won is the investment ceo is said to have made which could be like sum up of all the money spent in creating the company, scouting, training, debuting fiftyfifty and all the costs associated with their album creation , comeback and promo. Your title says ceo paid 6M usd ( or 8 billion won) for tiktok promo which is not exactly what is explicitly said in that tweet.

Some part of that money must have been spent on tiktok but not entire 8Billion won

Edited 2 times, last by thebadguy ().

• LOL. Only Kpoopies can believe this shit. This guy spend only 4500 $ in tiktok and suddenly he created one of the most viral songs of this year. So this is the formula for success. 4500 $ to promotion on tiktok, thats it. Jesus, how stupid can be this people?

If companies could just pay their way into making song superhit viral then itzy songs wouldn't be floping

• That 8M won tweet nowhere explicitly says that all of that 8M won was spend on tiktok, 8M won is the investment ceo is said to have made which could be like sum up of all the money spent in creating the company, scouting, training, debuting fiftyfifty and all the costs associated with their album creation , comeback and promo. Your title says ceo paid 6M won for tiktok promo which is not exactly what is explicitly said in that tweet.

IMG_20230630_221902.jpg

Some part of that money must have been spent on tiktok but not entire 8Billion won

Google is rather notoriously bad for korean translations.

• With 6 million USD he could buy an entire luxury apartment in Seoul and make bank renting it out.

Kpop fans are so blinded by rage over a nugu outdoing their Big company faves they actually believe someone would spend an entire 6 million on fucking tiktok ads

IMG_20230630_221902.jpg

That 8B won tweet nowhere explicitly says that all of that 8B won was spend on tiktok, 8B won is the investment ceo is said to have made which could be like sum up of all the money spent in creating the company, scouting, training, debuting fiftyfifty and all the costs associated with their album creation , comeback and promo. Your title says ceo paid 6M usd ( or 8 billion won) for tiktok promo which is not exactly what is explicitly said in that tweet.

• This thread contains 102 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!