Queencard becomes most viewed kpop mv of 2023 in just a month, ended entire kpop industry, are you surprised?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Queencard- 120.7M views, 1.7M likes ( in 1 month)

For comparison:

OMG (new jeans) - 120.2M views, 1.3M likes ( 5 months)

I am (ive) - 103M views, 1.5M likes (2 months)

Spicy (aspa)- 86M views, 1M likes (~ 1.3 month)

Unforgiven (lsrf) - 77M view, 1.5 likes

(1.5 month)

• Wouldn't count OMG here as it's a performance video. Youtube doesn't consider it a MV either. Though I imagine that would also means ads aren't really a factor with its views.

But if you're really interested in what the official numbers would be without the ads you just have to go look at the youtube top100 mv chart and add the views up from each week. Still, it's hard to compare as some of those songs you mentioned aren't on the top 100 chart anymore. The only ones that are still charting right now are I AM and Queencard. Flower and Cupid (twin version) should be mentioned here as well. These 4 also never have left the top100 since they entered it so I guess you can at least make a good comparison between those.

based on the last youtube update their views would be:

Flower: 273.8m views

I AM: 82 million views

Cupid (twin version): 68.79 million views
    Queencard: 45.5 million views

• That's great. Do you have the numbers for Sugar Rush Ride?

• based on the last youtube update their views would be:

Flower: 273.8m views

I AM: 82 million views

Cupid (twin version): 68.79 million views
    Queencard: 45.5 million views

wait so you’re telling me queencard has only amassed 45m real views, while its remaining 75m views are from ads? holy smokes that’s crazy lol the real view count is not even 50% of the total number of views :skull:

Interesting to see that i am’s real view count is 4/5 of its total views. That’s a pretty good ratio all things considered

Edited once, last by whisk ().

• June 3, 2023

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• wait so you’re telling me queencard has only amassed 45m real views, while its remaining 65m views are from ads? holy smokes that’s crazy lol the real view count is not even 50% of the total number of views :skull:

Interesting to see that i am’s real view count is 4/5 of its total views. That’s a pretty good ratio all things considered

yeah though I would say queencard has been charting quite a bit longer now than Spicy (2 weeks) and Unforgiven (3 weeks) did. Big ad campaign might partly have helped Queencard stay longer on the chart. So from that perspective you can say the ads at least did their job.

• This isn't really true, according to the official charts of Youtube Queencard has registered 45.5 million views. Still good, but 74.7 million ad views is quite excessive.

• isn't like 70 percent of its view from ads?

:skull:

I mean it's more about 50% or less now, given the views keep ticking over.

It's been getting pretty good views after they switched off ads, but there's definitely a component of ads there, I'd say 60 million or so.

Edit - checking stats, it's about 50% now.

• This isn't really true, according to the official charts of Youtube Queencard has registered 45.5 million views. Still good, but 74.7 million ad views is quite excessive.

You're missing an entire week of views - YT charts update tomorrow for this week.

• You're missing an entire week of views - YT charts update tomorrow for this week.

Regardless, given their current views this week, last week, etc and the steady and natural downward trend their views will be 9-11 million roughly. Which still wouldn't make it the most viewed MV and will still give them roughly 65-ish million ad views.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!