People who deal with migraine, come here

• I was looking online and approximately 40% of all global workforce deals with migraines. Yes there is very little funding//research or effort trying to look for causes behind it or developing treatments for it.

Now Im kinda sad

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i've had migraines for years. they happen fairly often, they are really severe and hurt like hell. i've changed 6 neurologists, i take meds daily, but nothing seems to work. in my case it's hereditary. the worst part is that i got epilepsy in the meantime.

last two days i had one, now i'm better. the only thing you can do is to sleep in a dark room, throw up and wait to pass on its own. that's it :-(

• i've had migraines for years. they happen fairly often, they are really severe and hurt like hell. i've changed 6 neurologists, i take meds daily, but nothing seems to work. in my case it's hereditary. the worst part is that i got epilepsy in the meantime.

last two days i had one, now i'm better. the only thing you can do is to sleep in a dark room, throw up and wait to pass on its own. that's it :-(

Im considering Botox after this weekend from hell

There are botox treatments that significantly reduce migraines but side effects of botox could be scary ;(

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fortunately, I don't get them as often as I used to but I still get them now and then. They can sometimes last all day and pain relievers don't always help. I usually have to lie down or drink lots of water to stay hydrated. I try to avoid triggers such as loud noises and stress.

• Im considering Botox after this weekend from hell

There are botox treatments that significantly reduce migraines but side effects of botox could be scary ;(

i never thought of using botox, i don't even know what the procedure looks like :sweat:

i'll try acupuncture next, i heard that it helps. i just want them to be less frequent and hurt less, i'd be satisfied even with that :-( one lasted for 7 days, that happened only once in my life and it was hell. vomiting for seven days was exhausting. and given that i ate nothing

they are hell. i ofc don't want to use morphine or something like that, i don't want to become addicted to it. so i just suffer in the dark ^^

• i never thought of using botox, i don't even know what the procedure looks like :sweat:

i'll try acupuncture next, i heard that it helps. i just want them to be less frequent and hurt less, i'd be satisfied even with that :-( one lasted for 7 days, that happened only once in my life and it was hell. vomiting for seven days was exhausting. and given that i ate nothing

they are hell. i ofc don't want to use morphine or something like that, i don't want to become addicted to it. so i just suffer in the dark ^^

my upper body muscles hurt right now after retching whole weekend

so I know how you feel :holding-back-tears:

• my upper body muscles hurt right now after retching whole weekend

so I know how you feel :holding-back-tears:

it's so common and meds that are actually working don't exist! i don't have aura, it just strikes me, but apparently, people with aura have it easier because they take meds before it hits. do you have aura or not? do you sense it when you are going to get it or you are like me, no signs?

• it's so common and meds that are actually working don't exist! i don't have aura, it just strikes me, but apparently, people with aura have it easier because they take meds before it hits. do you have aura or not? do you sense it when you are going to get it or you are like me, no signs?

no signs no aura

I usually wake up with it

I get severe light/noise/smell sensitivity after it hits

anything can set me off to a vomiting spree

• it's so common and meds that are actually working don't exist! i don't have aura, it just strikes me, but apparently, people with aura have it easier because they take meds before it hits. do you have aura or not? do you sense it when you are going to get it or you are like me, no signs?

also doctors here are kinda useless

they keep telling me to drink water and stretch and just brave through it

they dont even give me anything beside regular pain meds

• you are like me. well, that sucks ^^ even when i cannot throw up, i make myself throw up, it releives pain for a bitbut sadly, it doesn't last long :( migraines terrible, people who don't have them aren't aware how lucky they are

also doctors here are kinda useless

they keep telling me to drink water and stretch and just brave through it

they dont even give me anything beside regular pain meds

omg. i thought you were exaggerating but they are indeed useless. if it's that easy nobody would have had them! i take lamictal, its for both migraine and epilepsy but it's useless for migraines. i had epileptic seizures despite taking it but they are really rare, i even forget that i have it. which cannot be said about migraines lol

• you are like me. well, that sucks ^^ even when i cannot throw up, i make myself throw up, it releives pain for a bitbut sadly, it doesn't last long :( migraines terrible, people who don't have them aren't aware how lucky they are

omg. i thought you were exaggerating but they are indeed useless. if it's that easy nobody would have had them! i take lamictal, its for both migraine and epilepsy but it's useless for migraines. i had epileptic seizures despite taking it but they are really rare, i even forget that i have it. which cannot be said about migraines lol

I did alot of research, apparently migraine alone by itself is not taken seriously in medical community at all.

I looked at the amount of funding that goes toward migraine research versus other issues that are more minor and effect less people. Migraine research got 10 percent of their money and resources.

It just sucks people expect us to deal with it

• I did alot of research, apparently migraine alone by itself is not taken seriously in medical community at all.

I looked at the amount of funding that goes toward migraine research versus other issues that are more minor and effect less people. Migraine research got 10 percent of their money and resources.

It just sucks people expect us to deal with it

yep, i researched it as well. you are useless when you have migraines, completely useless, you cannot do anything. imagine if you had a child and you'd have to cook for him/her, do laundry, and everything a child needs, but you just can't, you aren't able to open your eyes and stand let alone do chores.

i think that they don't take it seriously because it's not deadly, you can live with it. how? they don't think much about it :(

• A family member gets them and its no fun. I feel bad when they get one and can't help. Thankfully they go away.

She did go through a medicine regimen over a Month's time. It lessened the frequency and eventually stopped the headaches. Afterwards my unofficial observation is she still gets migraines but no where as often.

Edited once, last by 4NIA4 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!