Do you think NMIXX will ever get a national hit or has that ship sailed?

• Will NMIXX ever get a national hit? 20

1. Yes, I trust JYP (6) 30%
    2. No, I can bet on it (14) 70%

WG - Nobody

miss A - BGGG

Twice - Cheer Up

Itzy - Dalla x2

They might be the first JYP girl group to never get a national hit. All of them got it within less than their 2nd years. Do you think it’s impossible now with JYPE at its current state?

• godkingteshub

Changed the title of the thread from “Do you NMIXX will ever get a national hit or has that ship sailed?” to “Do you think NMIXX will ever get a national hit or has that ship sailed?”.
  • Yes, they only need a catchy song. The Nmixx girls are carrying the songs, while the songs should just complement their nice voices.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• NMIXX has really got your attention these days, huh?

And, there's always a chance, but most groups don't get national hits. Even the really popular ones, some of them have never had a national hit.

It took G-IDLE like 4 years to get a national hit, so it can happen. I'd say there's a 30/70 chance. Though, it gets more difficult the further you stray from your rookie years.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• The Group members don't give me a super cohesive group feel. Even the separated one Jinni makes a solo career and gets hits. I don't feel like Nmixx will get hit. They dance well, their vocals are good but I don't get the feeling of group harmony, Jyp needs to make a big change and create a group identity that fits them. Neither concept styling, none of them gives a vaow effect. They have extremely colorful and mismatched styles. Aesthetic is very important in Kpop. I can't get a super aesthetic vibe from the group. The girls are very cute I hope they release one hit song before it's too late in their careers. My feelings are that they won't. I hope I'm wrong.

• They just didn’t click with the audience, wrong music for this time, I like their releases but if the majority doesn’t then…

To me it is the member’s fault, they were not ready to debut and it shows, oh well at least they do better than Kepler the actual 4th gen flops.

• Probably not, usually when a group fails to take off in the rookie period the public writes them off for the rest of their careers, unless they can make a viral tiktok song or release a song so catchy that the public has no choice but to give them attention (a la Momoland Bboom Bboom), but considering JYP's producers quality these days... not likely

• The Group members don't give me a super cohesive group feel. Even the separated one Jinni makes a solo career and gets hits. I don't feel like Nmixx will get hit. They dance well, their vocals are good but I don't get the feeling of group harmony, Jyp needs to make a big change and create a group identity that fits them. Neither concept styling, none of them gives a vaow effect. They have extremely colorful and mismatched styles. Aesthetic is very important in Kpop. I can't get a super aesthetic vibe from the group. The girls are very cute I hope they release one hit song before it's too late in their careers. My feelings are that they won't. I hope I'm wrong.

Agreed. Aesthetics are everything and I don't just mean visuals, a group needs a strong concept. All the trendy 4th gen groups (IVE, NWJNS, LESSERA, AESPA, etc.) have their own unique style that fit the members like a glove. Nmixx has a style that certainly "unique" but it doesn't feel comfortable on any of the members.

• Their songs simply are not good.

I think its over.

Their last song was #90 on Melon and in danger of dropping out of the top 100. Then it un-organically rose up to #4 for no reason.

• I feel like if you're a group from big4 and don't really take off within your first 2 or 3 comebacks then you're kinda doomed :skull: I consider GIDLE, Oh My Girl, Brave Girls, etc kinda different situations cause the public didn't really know them at first/they're non-big4 and don't have the resources big4 does. But if the public is aware of you and refuse to give you a chance at first....what's the likelihood of them giving you a chance later on? Not really high.

LMLTS did well during promotional period but quickly started freefalling when it ended & more GGs came back so it's not a really strong indicator.

I think they may have high charting songs and a decent fanbase but I doubt they're ever gonna be in the top GG conversation like aespa/ive/lsfm/newjeans. They're kinda like the female Treasure.

• They just didn’t click with the audience, wrong music for this time, I like their releases but if the majority doesn’t then…

To me it is the member’s fault, they were not ready to debut and it shows, oh well at least they do better than Kepler the actual 4th gen flops.

I'm not sure if you're a troll, but NMIXX is called the most talented GG of the 4th gen by k-netz, lol.

So, I think the consensus at least there is that they were more than ready to debut.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I feel like if you're a group from big4 and don't really take off within your first 2 or 3 comebacks then you're kinda doomed :skull: I consider GIDLE, Oh My Girl, Brave Girls, etc kinda different situations cause the public didn't really know them at first/they're non-big4 and don't have the resources big4 does. But if the public is aware of you and refuse to give you a chance at first....what's the likelihood of them giving you a chance later on? Not really high.

LMLTS did well during promotional period but quickly started freefalling when it ended & more GGs came back so it's not a really strong indicator.

I think they may have high charting songs and a decent fanbase but I doubt they're ever gonna be in the top GG conversation like aespa/ive/lsfm/newjeans. They're kinda like the female Treasure.

I don't think G-IDLE should be added on to that list.

They have always charted well. Even at debut they did well. Latata charted within the top 15 and Hann charted in the top 10, so they were definitely known by the public.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!