whats the point of making good music

• if no one cares about the artist releasing it?

happened like thrice in a row now

just get your label to hook you up with brand deals and you'll be praised by default and make tons of cash

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• that's the dilemma of modern art

Instant commercial success is top priority

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• nah we caring about aespa and maybe twice, just cause general public out here ignoring, we real people know that they making good songs, it aint bouts the brand deals, they be out here lying and frauding whilst making terrible songs, but real fans support real music. just the truth.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• um a lot of people just feel driven to create no matter what, regardless of whether they ever find an audience

i'm sure even in kpop that's true

but i feel like you're commenting more on how labels make decisions maybe

• um a lot of people just feel driven to create no matter what, regardless of whether they ever find an audience

i'm sure even in kpop that's true

but i feel like you're commenting more on how labels make decisions maybe

i wasnt really commenting on anything tbh

just salty no one cares about fifty fifty despite blasting their song everywhere

but everyone seems to have taken this as something deep lol

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• It's not like they have any other option other than keep releasing music

The dream of an idol is to keep singing and performing, I doubt that many of them dream getting millions, if money was their main goal they should have pick other careers, specially when so many of them comes from upper middle class families

• People are so impatient here. Leonardo da Vinci draw Mona Lisa during 1500s while the paint itself become more famous during 1800s

yup

modern art needs immediate success

fine arts last through centuries

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It’s always funny to see kpop stans react to phenomena observed long before kpop even existed lol. One hit wonders have always been prevalent in the music industry; there are countless global hit songs from literally decades ago that still persist to this day, but ask who sang them and most people have no idea at all. Heck despacito was released only half a decade ago and yet 99% of people who’ve heard it can’t name who made it lol. In fact, even I don’t remember :sweat: But i’m sure no one goes up to that dude to ask why even bother making despacito if it became successful but no one cares about him as an artist. That’s just silly. Kpop’s few one hit wonders have nothing on much more relevant global one hit wonders

• i wasnt really commenting on anything tbh

just salty no one cares about fifty fifty despite blasting their song everywhere

lol, calm down. they do really well.

everyone knew since january that they are top.

Critical music review magazine 'izm' gives FIFTY FIFTY's debut album 4.5 stars, the highest rating given to any girl group
    Rookie girl group FIFTY FIFTY's debut album has earned a high rating on 'izm.''izm' is a highly renowned Korean indie music magazine known for giv…
    www.allkpop.com

but music is one thing and sns a complete different one.

you simply cant compair them to the big company groups.

• i wasnt really commenting on anything tbh

oh i see

well on the flipside they have created a song that has managed to reach a more diverse group of people around the world in a few short months than 95% of K-pop acts could ever dream of :)

in the west, no one gets a fandom straight out of the gate, you have to have several songs catch people's attention and build up a relationship with an audience over time… I think FF can do that too as long as their label gives them the right exposure!

• oh i see

well on the flipside they have created a song that has managed to reach a more diverse group of people around the world in a few short months than 95% of K-pop acts could ever dream of :)

in the west, no one gets a fandom straight out of the gate, you have to have several songs catch people's attention and build up a relationship with an audience over time… I think FF can do that too as long as their label gives them the right exposure!

seen this happen too many times already

good songs everyone likes dont get you anywhere while tons of mediaplay does

u r m o m g a y

• It’s always funny to see kpop stans react to phenomena observed long before kpop even existed lol. One hit wonders have always been prevalent in the music industry; there are countless global hit songs from literally decades ago that still persist to this day, but ask who sang them and most people have no idea at all. Heck despacito was released only half a decade ago and yet 99% of people who’ve heard it can’t name who made it lol. In fact, even I don’t remember :sweat: But i’m sure no one goes up to that dude to ask why even bother making despacito if it became successful but no one cares about him as an artist. That’s just silly. Kpop’s few one hit wonders have nothing on much more relevant global one hit wonders

You're right, Despacito was everywhere and it was the biggest song that year. But now I'm drawing a blank on who even sang it too.

Please cry more.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!