on the ground, is bad for rose

• like... after i heard on the ground, i can totally see jennie or somi or even blackpink sing it, AKA no originality... im sorry. blackpink is at their peak right now, they dont need to play safe. i imagined her debut would be like country, you know she plays guitar while sing, dont need to dance, just sit, sing while play guitar.

maybe this is just me that expect too much from rose after BP released song like LSG.

i will be more disappointed if SM give song like that to wendy. idk, time to repeat zimzalabim and pray for wendy's debut and red velvet's comeback

• i wouldnt say it is bad for Rosé but the way she sings the whole thing in English and have a American pop song sound just make it feel like Taylor Swift pop song (~Red era). Not distinctive enough but still good. Distinguished from Blackpink usual sound. Is a new breath

• gone is great song, i give 9/10, but YG make on the ground as title track... bad movee

I disagree. I think OTG serves it's purpose as the title track and Gone is well as a bside. I think Rosé's solo debut is successful, even with the mixed reviews of the title track. I still think that the move was fine, just not the best. Imo at least, I respect yours

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I have to agree.

Rosie screams singer songwriter.

A girl with a guitar singing her heart out.

A more indie, personal vibe as her showcase single would have been a better choice in my opinion.

I'm happy for her success with OTG and did enjoy Gone.

But it leaves me wanting.

I still dream of her doing something like Stay... All her own. As her Primary Feature.

• Isnt Gone similar to Stay?

Gone shows that side of her

• wdym On the Ground and Gone are totally different from what Blackpink or Jennie would sing

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BLACKPINK | BIGBANG | GIRLS' GENERATION

• OTG isnt blowing up the way i wanted.

But the problem with your idea is that it probably wouldve been a total flop on the charts, way worse than OTG. Koreans dont want their idols to act like indie folk/rock stars. Idols fit a certain mold and anyone that sits outside the box can never top Melon. Too sexy, you're out. Coed group, you're out. International based group, you're out. And idols playing instruments, you're out.

Koreans love their ballads so something like a fully promoted Gone MAY have had a small window of opportunity to blow up big. But i even remember on this very forum TONS of people that were relieved that Gone wasnt the title release, nobody here really wants their idols to do folksy ballads for their title release. Maybe if Rose was doing an OST acoustic ballad for a famous drama....but other than that? :/

• gone is great song, i give 9/10, but YG make on the ground as title track... bad movee

Same. I honestly prefer Gone. Its indie rock ballad. It suits her very much. And I think Rose feels the same. I think On The Ground became the title track because its teddys. Meanwhile Gone, Teddy dont have song credit.

In the press conference, ROSÉ said “Gone” was recorded for the first time two years ago. She told Teddy how much she loved “Gone” after she recorded it and ROSÉ felt like the songs were meant to be for her.

• Same. I honestly prefer Gone. Its indie rock ballad. It suits her very much. And I think Rose feels the same. I think On The Ground became the title track because its teddys. Meanwhile Gone, Teddy dont have song credit.

In the press conference, ROSÉ said “Gone” was recorded for the first time two years ago. She told Teddy how much she loved “Gone” after she recorded it and ROSÉ felt like the songs were meant to be for her.

Wut? Teddy is listed as a songwriter for Gone.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

OTG is actually the song that seems more outsourced judging by how extensive the credit line is.

• That "it leaves me wanting" is good because this is just a start for Rosé as a solo artist. She has found her purpose as an artist but her own artistry will be found as she goes through her journey as a solo artist. She'll just grow more from here.

There's no song that is liked by everyone. And I mean every single person in the world. There's always that one or two or three people who won't like a song because of different preferences. But its not really a bad thing. Instead, it will serve as a motivation for an artist to work harder and explore more for artistry.

Anyway, for Rosé, this is her story. She wanted to relay her story and message in this way and she delivered it well. From hereon, I'm sure she'll grow more. As a fan, I am waiting for how she'll explore more music styles in the future. She even said that she wanted to sing Korean songs in the future. So that would be something to look forward for.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!