Grammys thoughts

• Girl, you put everything I was thinking into this single post. 👏

• Anyone has a right to be sad or disappointed, but I only see everything that happened as positive for BTS. I think the main difference, to use your comparison, between the Grammy's and MAMA or AAA is that realistically, any popular enough Kpop group has a chance to win something at MAMA or AAA, but there was virtually no chance that BTS would have won the Grammy. I say this as a voting member of the academy who did vote for BTS. Yes, I would have loved for it to happen, but anyone who knows much about the political nightmare that is the Grammys or the American music industry in general knew that it wasn't going to. The nomination was there for one purpose: To get Army's eyes on and therefore ratings and social media engagement about the Grammys. What the academy stupidly didn't foresee is that the vast majority of Army only tuned into their performance, and their ratings were only good when BTS was on the screen. So really, the Grammys didn't benefit all that much, and BTS did, since they likely got many new fans. I know not everyone feels this way, but awards mean absolutely nothing to me beyond giving an artist exposure and boost sales, which BTS already got. No amount of awards, even a prestigious one like a Grammy, is going to bring "respect" or make a hater not be a hater.

• As always kpop fans are always silent about the hate bts gets. I don't understand why they think it's only army talking shit but swifties and most of the western fans are talking shit about bts and making disgusting tweets about them.

So much concern for ariana and her brother , yet zero concern when we had racist words thrown at the bts in previous weeks..

It's normalised against BTS at this point

I wonder how many kpop fans commenting and making threads about this situation today have reported comments about wanting BTS members to die from western stans

이 노래가 끝이 나면 새 노래가 시작되리 좀 더 행복하기를

dfa2f81fd274d0b9ee12dc099291e2c7a96824f6.gifv

source: everythingoes

• I'm an American.

Having been interested in the Grammys since 2014, I knew BTS were very unlikely to win their category. It had Taylor, Gaga, and Ari (grammy darlings), Dua (new star), and Justin (established act). That's why I cautioned people to keep their hopes low, but dreaming doesn't hurt in theory.

I was only going to watch the award presentation and their performance but when I saw the award was announced before the show, I lost what little hope I had.

The performance was amazing and is one of my favorites along with the one filmed in Everland for AGT and MMA.

I know damn well BTS are used for hype and ratings, but at least they were nominated for a song this time and got a full stage for themselves. And it's clear that people took notice of them. I was introduced to them in February 2017, so it's been 4 years now that I've been a fan. They have made HUGE leaps into American pop culture and consciousness from where they were when I watched crack videos of them in America on YT.

They may not have won the award, but in the eyes of many who watched, they won the night.

• Anyone has a right to be sad or disappointed, but I only see everything that happened as positive for BTS. I think the main difference, to use your comparison, between the Grammy's and MAMA or AAA is that realistically, any popular enough Kpop group has a chance to win something at MAMA or AAA, but there was virtually no chance that BTS would have won the Grammy. I say this as a voting member of the academy who did vote for BTS. Yes, I would have loved for it to happen, but anyone who knows much about the political nightmare that is the Grammys or the American music industry in general knew that it wasn't going to. The nomination was there for one purpose. To get Army's eyes on and therefore ratings and social media engagement about the Grammys. What the academy stupidly didn't foresee is that the vast majority of Army only tuned into their performance, and their ratings were only good when BTS was on the screen. So really, the Grammys didn't benefit all that much, and BTS did, since they likely got many new fans. I know not everyone feels this way, but awards mean absolutely nothing to me beyond giving an artist exposure and boost sales, which BTS already got. No amount of awards, even a prestigious one like a Grammy, is going to bring "respect" or make a hater not be a hater.

Wait what? You're a voting member? For the GRAMMYs?

• Wait what? You're a voting member? For the GRAMMYs?

Yes. Becoming a voting member is actually not a difficult process if you work/have worked in the industry. All it takes is 2 recommendations from other people in the industry, and they don't even necessarily have to be members of the academy.

• Yes. Becoming a voting member is actually not a difficult process if you work/have worked in the industry. All it takes is 2 recommendations from other people in the industry, and they don't even necessarily have to be members of the academy.

If Army really wants BTS get a Grammy they should become academy members. Put a few songs out on soundcloud, pay the fee, get a couple of recommendations from fellow Army......then Vote. If that really happened it would be what the Academy deserves for treating POC artists so shabby.

• Even as an army, I’m not really surprised at all about how things panned out. I knew from the start that the grammys were just using the boys for ratings and views. People had put way too much faith in these xenophobic western people running a xenophobic western award show.

However, at least they had the chance to perform? Even if it seemed shorter than the other acts... They also got recognition. At least there’s that.

41ea8c57880a6543335bd84421d5f62d05eecc41.gif

multifandom as heck. just ask.

• Even as an army, I’m not really surprised at all about how things panned out. I knew from the start that the grammys were just using the boys for ratings and views. People had put way too much faith in these xenophobic western people running a xenophobic western award show.

However, at least they had the chance to perform? Even if it seemed shorter than the other acts... They also got recognition. At least there’s that.

your sig :love:

이 노래가 끝이 나면 새 노래가 시작되리 좀 더 행복하기를

dfa2f81fd274d0b9ee12dc099291e2c7a96824f6.gifv

source: everythingoes

• The hypocrisy of the world makes me disgusted whenever it comes to BTS.

They behave like We are villain each & every time & they are saviour of the entire world.

Kpopie,to you guys,

Every dog is lion in his own den.

That cupcakke girl is an attention seeker. She has been making controversial tweets about BTS since 2017. She even played as a suicide victim accused ARMYs trolling as the reason. When she is saying "BTS should of won that", she doesn't really mean it. She just wants your clout.

• That cupcakke girl is an attention seeker. She has been making controversial tweets about BTS since 2017. She even played as a suicide victim accused ARMYs trolling as the reason. When she is saying "BTS should of won that", she doesn't really mean it. She just wants your clout.

Serious & light note: I am not giving her clout.

Ok, she is a clout chaser. But is it false that

" BTS should have won" verdict got attacked by the opposite side's stans. Even if it was release by an actual Army, he would get the same atrack.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!