Will other company follow HYBE tactics after this?

• Will other kpop company start combining kor + eng / kor + jpn / remixes streams to debut higher and create media buzz?

JYP just missed their chance with Twice latest release, YG never release multiple version at the same time.

Will SM, YG & JYP follow suit? or only medium to small company will try this strategy?

• read the op twice

Still no clue what are you talking about

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Twice did it with their English song and it basically did nothing. Doesnt really matter how many you release if people dont buy 1.. Also I think billboard changed their rules after what BTS did.

• all the kpop losers here.

spotify does tht themselves when two songs are the same.

it did that for shakira's song (eng+span)

it did that for blackpink's kr/jpn songs

it does that ALL the time for rappers/anyone songs, when they release explicit and clean version.

those who call it manipulation here are the ones who thinks nugu groups are suddenly organically started rising in charts everywhere. stick to lame gossips and things that doesnt require using ur brain.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited once, last by BRIYANI ().

• Twice did it with their English song and it basically did nothing. Doesnt really matter how many you release if people dont buy 1.. Also I think billboard changed their rules after what BTS did.

You mean what every other western artist including the queen Taylor Swift does? You making it sound like BTS committed some crime, always showing your anti ass off in these threads.

What is BTS' fault? That they have a large, committed and organised fandom that can work well within the rules to achieve the best results for them???

what r u buying in spotify? if its BB. no BTS didn't do anything.

all versions of songs still contribute to the OG song unless another version is out-streaming/selling out the most. in that case all the versions will contribute to the that version.

• What BP songs are u even talking about

The last BP japanese song come out in 2020 and they didn't count them together and BP never release English ver of their songs to be counted together

• Will other kpop company start combining kor + eng / kor + jpn / remixes streams to debut higher and create media buzz?

JYP just missed their chance with Twice latest release, YG never release multiple version at the same time.

Will SM, YG & JYP follow suit? or only medium to small company will try this strategy?

What media buzz clown? Jimin literally pulled 6.7mn with SMF pt 2 just a week before, you all jealous asses acting like this was some massive boost for him and without merging streams he does poorly. He already had the record for a Kpop soloist with SMF pt 2

• You mean what every other western artist including the queen Taylor Swift does? You making it sound like BTS committed some crime, always showing your anti ass off in these threads.

What is BTS' fault? That they have a large, committed and organised fandom that can work well within the rules to achieve the best results for them???

Why are you so pressed all I said was it was something BTS took the most advantage of and was a big reason the charting rules were changed. If anything I was praising BTS/Armys because you guys actually bought them in big numbers.

• Why are you so pressed all I said was it was something BTS took the most advantage of and was a big reason the charting rules were changed. If anything I was praising BTS/Armys because you guys actually bought them in big numbers.

You are making it sound like BTS did something bad and they alone were the ones doing it.

• What BP songs are u even talking about

The last BP japanese song come out in 2020 and they didn't count them together and BP never release English ver of their songs to be counted together

let me quote ur own fanbases complaining about it cos they think its an issue when its not.

it happened to 3 songs. this is spotify doing.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kpop fans whining about their faves being losers never gets a rest. Even if your faves did all the cheating you accuse BTS of and more, they will never get to the same level of success as BTS.

• Don’t you guys remember Lil Nas Old Town Road? He had 4 different remix of OTR to keep him at number 1 for 19 weeks breaking Mariah Carey’s record. That triggered the BB rule change

Western media try to portray that kpop are the ones that are “cheating” while western ones that are doing it, “clever”. Best example is BTS’ 4 versions album was said to be cheating but Taylor’s many versions is revolutionary. I certain hope that akp don’t have the mind set of racist western music industry here..

Anyway, Fifty fifty also released korean and english version of Cupid and they are doing really well. So yeah, I’m sure many will follow suit.

• Kpop fans whining about their faves being losers never gets a rest. Even if your faves did all the cheating you accuse BTS of and more, they will never get to the same level of success as BTS.

Yes

Like releasing a fully promoted English single won't get them a song as big as dynamite and releasing more versions of songs will not get them more sales because they don't have that big a fanbase

• Some loser k-pop Stans hate it so much when k-pop artists are successful...no one will cry about ed sheeran's flop song debuting at 23 this week which will get tth, radioplay and mysteriously go viral in 2 weeks but God forbid jimin has an English ver and Korean ver of the same song

Ed released another song and I didn't know about it?

Flop!

That's how Kpoop stans sound like 😂

• OPEN YOUR EYES AND READ before you quote me with "my faves never did it"

cos your faves aren't the ones doing it nor is it the company. ITS SPOTIFY.

and guess what even if spotify didn't merge, all the streams from all the versions are merged anyways for BB. so don't be stupid.

Even if your faves have released a song of same lang but in explicit and clean version, and the both versions are getting good streams this will happen.

• The blinks in this thread are embarrassing. Your own fave did it in the past and your own fandom knew about it and told your fandom to take advantage of it

Not our fault y’all are too high up in BTS business to make your faves tank with all the resources at your disposal

• here comes the losers. Keep whining. Your crying won't make him less successful

And don't act like his pre release song didn't pulled 6M streams without 2 versions despite being hated by many in the fandom.

• The blinks in this thread are embarrassing. Your own fave did it in the past and your own fandom knew about it and told your fandom to take advantage of it

Not our fault y’all are too high up in BTS business to make your faves tank with all the resources at your disposal

This is literally not out of the ordinary. But these kpop fans are trying to weaponize everything normal against Jimin/BTS. Like the least they could do is find out why it's happening and then run their mouths.

• Some loser k-pop Stans hate it so much when k-pop artists are successful...no one will cry about ed sheeran's flop song debuting at 23 this week which will get tth, radioplay and mysteriously go viral in 2 weeks but God forbid jimin has an English ver and Korean ver of the same song

Actually on western forums people are calling out ed for flopping xd

They are very dedicated fans 😍 We love to see it.

• Imagine saying high streams create media buzz, lmao. As if anyone other than BTS and BTS members are getting these incredibly high streams consistently and as if that is what drives their buzz :clown:

If Hybe media played BTS achievements as much as they should have, you all would be crying daily about BTS being everywhere.

Calling it a tactic and being so pressed to make a thread on it after a BTS member release when BTS is practically the most organic act of our times and said member practically broke every streaming record just a week prior for a soloist with just 1 song that too a divisive one, is idiocy of the highest level. You should be glad Jimin did not get any major playlisting from Day 1 for any of his songs, else the numbers would have made you cry more

Literally 1 "blink" said something like this and you guys go this far.. lmfao.

Obviously if you stream different versions of the song it counts? Duh.

• I keep reiterating that AKP kpop stans know NOTHING about the US industry and now they know nothing about Spotify. Because all OP had to do was type in "have there been other cases of Spotify merging songs" or something along the lines to see how stupid they look. It is a normal occurrence. And I'm not surprised the low information kpop stans come running to this thread and publicly announce they don't know shit. :pepe-life-support:

• Ed released another song and I didn't know about it?

Flop!

That's how Kpoop stans sound like 😂

The song debuted at 23 on global spotify while jimin debuted at top 2

Yet he gets tth playlist cover while jimin gets nothing :skull:

I don't expect the industry to play fair when it comes to BTS but I expect atleast bighit to put in all their efforts but maybe even that is asking too muchScreenshot_2023-03-26-19-22-04-01_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

• This is literally not out of the ordinary. But these kpop fans are trying to weaponize everything normal against Jimin/BTS. Like the least they could do is find out why it's happening and then run their mouths.

BTS should have done clean and explicit versions of Mots7. Armys would have gone crazy on release day with the streams :eyes:

In fact I beg Suga to do it too ;(

• someone asked me for receipt and yes that person is blink.

but as for me i referred to kpop fans not just blinks. cos they arent the only ones here.

Well person I was replying to was going after blinks but honestly this discussion is dumb.

• This thread contains 127 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!