Why are small companies taking better notes in the playlisting game than big companies?

• Viral therm is very subjective this days bc less than 500k videos is nowhere near viral, I did hear omg smith in ig (as the videos from them are just from TikTok most of the times) but I have NEVER EVER hear this song do I really don't know where it come from

• I rmb people were bashing New Jeans so much for their playlisting but suddenly people want their favs to get same promos?

Interesting. :pepe-popcorn:

Even if the songs get added into playlists, they need to be easy-listening and have that western vibe too for them to do well imo. So far in 4th gen, I think only those 3 groups (NJ, 50 50 and XG) have that, everyone else sounds like typical Kpop.

Wut? If only the New Jeans Virus only extended to these three groups, i would be dancing with joy. The easy listening Western vibe has infected WAY more than those three groups.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Now obviously, not all of these songs are bad. Generations is ok, Honestly is SOTY material, but the virus has definitely spread to more than just 50, XG and NJ.

• I thought we are talking about big companies? Amongst these, only Twice is from big company but Moonlight Sunrise sounds nothing like "New jeans virus". it still sounds like a Kpop song sung in english for me :pepe-tea:

• There must be some caveat...I don't think it's as easy as u pay money and u get playlisting

The artist/labels' cut from the streams is probably reduced and there must be some kind of limit to how many songs can be pushed....we will understand all this after these grps comeback 2-3 times and the amount of playlisting each release gets

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!