People who are outside the internet stan meta are the ones enjoying Twice the most right now

• I think chronically online people like ourselves are experiencing things a lot differently than average offline fans. Like I am pretty sure things you read online affect your own views, things like the rap part in Set Me Free or the charting discourse subconsiously affect your own perception of the song.

Again, it is not the best song, it is not a very catchy one either, but it is a decent song. Most people won't notice there is something wrong with the rap unless they go online and see people talking about it. Most people don't know what's happening on the charts either.

Besides, things ain't even half as bad as stan folks say. This was a pretty experimental comeback roll out. Pre release single and then releasing Korean and English versions of title song at the same time while playlisting the latter one. I am sure there was something people at JYP were trying to achieve with this. Whether they managed or not, only they know. They will be evaluating all the data the have in hand and learn from it.

I shade JYP the most for the creative choices they make, however you gotta admit, they are doing something right if Twice went from "would never do well in the US" to becoming the best selling and most streamed girl group in the country.

• I agree

Being online too much takes away the joy from alot of things.

Time to log off

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Just to correct some facts. The things you said in regards to sales and streaming aren't true unless you are much more specific. They aren't the best selling nor the most streamed girl group in the US.

For reference for "best selling":
    The Album has 800k units in America.
    Born Pink 350k units in America. (13 weeks on chart)
    Between 1&2 250k units in America. (8 weeks on chart)
    Read to Be, whatever their sales ended up debuting as this week.

Unless you're speaking purely debut sales week, then you have me there, but that doesn't constitute best selling.

For "most streamed"
    Last year BP had 50-100 million more on-demand streams in the US than Twice, and they have more streams than them currently this year without a comeback. This has been pointed out multiple times.

===

I do 100 percent agree with your entire two paragraphs. The things you read online do sneak into your mind and start to affect how people view the song.

• I am talking about pure albums sales. Units are basically streams converted to album sales in rate 1000 streams = 1 album or something like that. Nobody gives a fuck. B1&2 was the best selling album, period.

As for the streams, it is not me saying that, it is Spotify. You can send them another email like all the blinks did.

• I am talking about pure albums sales. Units are basically streams converted to album sales in rate 1000 streams = 1 album or something like that. Nobody gives a fuck. B1&2 was the best selling album, period.

As for the streams, it is not me saying that, it is Spotify. You can send them another email like all the blinks did.

The US market measures sales in units. It's literally the standard lol. Furthermore, we don't know the actual pure sales across the entire album run since it's not easily accessible. Born Pink did chart longer on the BB200 than B1&2 by five weeks, we do know that.

Spotify does not equal all streams. There are many platforms in the US, and BP was the most streamed girl group in the US last year across all measurable platforms. That's just a fact.

If you want to talk about Spotify though, Twice is a very distant third to BP and NJ's in the US this year, despite two single releases.

• The US market measures sales in units. It's literally the standard lol. Furthermore, we don't know the actual pure sales across the entire album run since it's not easily accessible. Born Pink did chart longer on the BB200 than B1&2 by five weeks, we also know that.

Spotify does not equal all streams. There are many platforms in the US, and BP was the most streamed girl group in the US last year across all measurable platforms. That's just a fact.

If you want to talk about Spotify though, Twice is a very distant third to BP and NJ's in the US this year, despite two single releases.

Welp, they still measure the sold albums and units separately. So that's also a standard I guess? Again, most of those five weeks were off the streams, not pure sales.

Dude, all the talk just to deny an established and reported fact that Twice was the most streamed gg last year. You really need help. Like you makeyour account yesterday for the sole purpose of talking down Twice. Get help asap.

• Dude, all the talk just to deny an established and reported fact that Twice was the most streamed gg last year. You really need help. Like you makeyour account yesterday for the sole purpose of talking down Twice. Get help asap.

We all know why bcuz bp had a short tracking period. We all knew what happened what the outcome were when they went head to head last year in the same month. But no excuse, that's YG's fault for making them cb late in the year and making them cb less :cursing: :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Welp, they still measure the sold albums and units separately. So that's also a standard I guess? Again, most of those five weeks were off the streams, not pure sales.

Dude, all the talk just to deny an established and reported fact that Twice was the most streamed gg last year. You really need help. Like you makeyour account yesterday for the sole purpose of talking down Twice. Get help asap.

We have no idea the pure sales were for most of those weeks for either group, so we can't really guess who was the best selling in pure once they both finished their chart run. Just that BP sold more units and charted longer.

It's not a fact at all that Twice was the most streamed gg last year. Globally it was BP, and in the US it was BP.
    If you want to say Twice was the most streamed gg on only spotify last year, sure, but that was obviously a fluke considering how poorly their streams on spotify are in the US this year.

On-Demand US streams in 2022:
    BP just over 500 million.
    Twice just over 450 million.

• Actually we do. The pure/unit ration is constantly shared on twitter.

Lmfao all these for 50 million difference? Considering Twice released only TTT as single while BP released PV and SD, this ain't a win you think it is.

For someone who made account just to start rumours about Twice you are unprepared.

We all know why bcuz bp had a short tracking period. We all knew what happened what the outcome were when they went head to head last year in the same month. But no excuse, that's YG's fault for making them cb late in the year and making them cb less :cursing: :cursing:

Who cares? Fact remains.

• Outside of the first week or two, the pure/unit amounts have not been widely available. If you can show me how many pure units they both sold in like, the 8th week, then sure go ahead, but otherwise you're just blowing smoke out of your ass.

Yes the fact remains that BP sold more units, and we don't know the final pure sales, and that BP was the most streamed GG across all on-demand platforms in the US last year. True.

• Outside of the first week or two, the pure/unit amounts have not been widely available. If you can show me how many pure units they both sold in like, the 8th week, then sure go ahead, but otherwise you're just blowing smoke out of your ass.

Yes the fact remains that BP sold more units, and we don't know the final pure sales, and that BP was the most streamed GG across all on-demand platforms in the US last year. True.

Because they are insignificant, that's why they are unavailable. The known sales tell us Twice sold the most. If you wanna prove the opposite, you're the one who needs to find those sales numbers.

Okay? Enjoy I guess? 50 million more streams with 1 extra single release? But sure enjoy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!