Posts by IdesOfMarch

Cause I wanted you to check and let me know :pathead-2:

It is all bottom charting. Pure sales are always front loaded. Billboard, Gaon, Hanteo, take whichever you want and compare. 80-90% of sales happen during first week. You keep saying "logic logic logic" but somehow missing the biggest one there. BP had better streams, hence better units, hence longer charting, we've already established that. Nothing suggests they kept selling a lot of albums on their 10+ weeks. Absolutely nothing, no logic behind that claim.

So you admit you literally just lied and hoped that the data you were making up existed? lol.

What I was able to find, in the first 5 weeks, BP did 120k pure sales, compared to 75k pure in the first week. That's 63 percent of the sales being in the first week, with more sales after(data unknown as far as my searching ability), So your claim that 80-90 percent of sales happen during the first week is another lie you're just hoping to be true.

The sales for Twice may have been more front loaded for all we know.

You say no logic behind that claim, but there you go. You've been proven wrong again.

I was never going to provide you any proof, I made that clear from the beginning, you cornered yourself. All I said is that you can find it, not that I will find it for you. So go on big boy, go search.

Says what I said is based on assumptions....Proceeds to make assumptions based on 5 week bottom charting. I mean what are even the unit numbers in this case? We're talking about thousands if not hundreds. Like you don't even know the unit numbers for buttom charting yet you are assuming pure sales. You're trying to find out an unknown from an unknown. If you ever studied math you should know what dumb fuck argument that is.

It is literally on the record, but go on lmfao

I searched and it indeed does not exist, you were lying and made things up as expected. Care to explain why you lied? Because there was no real way to back up your claims? It's not that you don't want to find it, it's that you can't.

Several of the last 5 weeks for Born Pink were higher than several weeks of Twice's 8 week run, so I wouldn't really call that "5 week bottom charting." The first 8 weeks of Born Pink were also at, on average, much higher ranks than Twice's album.

Both of us are making assumptions about pure sales, but I am making more points based on actual data to go with those assumptions. You've been vague without giving any relevant data the entire time because you have no argument. You make claims like "it's literally on record" and "it exists" but every time it's literally just you blowing hot air since you have no real proof of anything.

Nah mate, I am saying B1&2 sold the best from the available record and unavailable record can go either way or more likely went to Twice than to BP. You're literally arguing that BP sold more long term but unable to prove it. Instead you want me prove that they didn't. What kind of logic is that? Why am I supposed to prove that? Internet is free. You either find and present me the proof or you admit that Twice sold more albums in US.

And mind you, B1&2 only had 4 version. Ready To Be will be selling even more.

You absolute buffoon, that's exactly what I am referring to, you don't see that as a shade?? REally? Making an account specifically to point out that "Twice sales are suspicious" is called someting else nowadays?

You were the one saying the data is there, and when cornered you're unable to provide the proof you say exists. Your logic is backwards. Every single thing you said is based on assumption. What do we know though? We know BP sold more units, and we know they charted 5 weeks longer. Logic dictate's that it is more likely they sold more pure as well based on charting. You claimed Twice sold more, despite it going against logic. You're using the tired "why am I supposed to prove that?" argument because the evidence you are claiming does not exist. You just needed some straw to grab at, so you made something up again and don't want to be caught in a lie.

We will see how long Ready To Be charts for and how it does over time,

I think you lack reading comprehension. I'm not saying Twice's sales in the UK are suspicious, I'm saying that the CHART company is suspicious. that's why I was asking about the UK Chart rules and that's why everyone in the thread was discussing that. Contrary to your belief, I believe Twice SHOULD have charted there.

Please take a debate class, go back to school, something, so you stop embarrassing yourself.

Because I don't need to. But yes, they are available. Feel free to search.

Twice is literally known for the longevity of their sales. This year they've already sold 250k albums before the comeback worldwide. For your logic to be true their US sales should be behaving differently to their worldwide numbers. If these sales don't come from Korea, where yall claim they are forgotten, if they don't come from Japan, if they don't come from China, if they don't come from USA, then from where the fuck are they coming from?

Stop grasping at straws. Your attempt to shade Twice over UK charts failed thanks to other Onces pointing out your false logic, now your job here is done. Good fucking bye.

I am unable to find them, as I have stated. You are saying they are available, when they are not. If you can find the 8th week pure of sales for B1&2 or Born Pink, I will gladly eat my words.

Most k-pop groups have great longevity in their sales. BP is no different.

It seems you are the one grasping at straws since most of the things you've said have either been false or claiming things exist when they don't.
    I never attempted to shade Twice over the UK charts, I was genuinely curious if there was some rule that was preventing them from charting, going from #7 prediction to not charting at all was more than suspicious. Not a single person questioned anything about what I was asking in that thread. All we talked about were the rules about inclusions impacting qualifying sales lol. I don't think you even read things fully, which further shows how full of hot air you are.

Edit: 1 person I had on mute had some unrelated questions but seemed entirely tone deaf. The rest of the thread was just discussing chart rules.

Because they are insignificant, that's why they are unavailable. The known sales tell us Twice sold the most. If you wanna prove the opposite, you're the one who needs to find those sales numbers.

Okay? Enjoy I guess? 50 million more streams with 1 extra single release? But sure enjoy.

You were just claiming that the sales were available but you are unable to prove your point. Hot air as usual. I was already saying those numbers aren't available. Each week of sales adds up and are certainly not insignificant.

Outside of the first week or two, the pure/unit amounts have not been widely available. If you can show me how many pure units they both sold in like, the 8th week, then sure go ahead, but otherwise you're just blowing smoke out of your ass.

Yes the fact remains that BP sold more units, and we don't know the final pure sales, and that BP was the most streamed GG across all on-demand platforms in the US last year. True.

Welp, they still measure the sold albums and units separately. So that's also a standard I guess? Again, most of those five weeks were off the streams, not pure sales.

Dude, all the talk just to deny an established and reported fact that Twice was the most streamed gg last year. You really need help. Like you makeyour account yesterday for the sole purpose of talking down Twice. Get help asap.

We have no idea the pure sales were for most of those weeks for either group, so we can't really guess who was the best selling in pure once they both finished their chart run. Just that BP sold more units and charted longer.

It's not a fact at all that Twice was the most streamed gg last year. Globally it was BP, and in the US it was BP.
    If you want to say Twice was the most streamed gg on only spotify last year, sure, but that was obviously a fluke considering how poorly their streams on spotify are in the US this year.

On-Demand US streams in 2022:
    BP just over 500 million.
    Twice just over 450 million.

I am talking about pure albums sales. Units are basically streams converted to album sales in rate 1000 streams = 1 album or something like that. Nobody gives a fuck. B1&2 was the best selling album, period.

As for the streams, it is not me saying that, it is Spotify. You can send them another email like all the blinks did.

The US market measures sales in units. It's literally the standard lol. Furthermore, we don't know the actual pure sales across the entire album run since it's not easily accessible. Born Pink did chart longer on the BB200 than B1&2 by five weeks, we do know that.

Spotify does not equal all streams. There are many platforms in the US, and BP was the most streamed girl group in the US last year across all measurable platforms. That's just a fact.

If you want to talk about Spotify though, Twice is a very distant third to BP and NJ's in the US this year, despite two single releases.

Just to correct some facts. The things you said in regards to sales and streaming aren't true unless you are much more specific. They aren't the best selling nor the most streamed girl group in the US.

For reference for "best selling":
    The Album has 800k units in America.
    Born Pink 350k units in America. (13 weeks on chart)
    Between 1&2 250k units in America. (8 weeks on chart)
    Read to Be, whatever their sales ended up debuting as this week.

Unless you're speaking purely debut sales week, then you have me there, but that doesn't constitute best selling.

For "most streamed"
    Last year BP had 50-100 million more on-demand streams in the US than Twice, and they have more streams than them currently this year without a comeback. This has been pointed out multiple times.

===

I do 100 percent agree with your entire two paragraphs. The things you read online do sneak into your mind and start to affect how people view the song.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Even just having a random photocard will not count in the chart...

I had no idea.

Putting this as the best answer, thank you.

Predicted to chart at #7, but actually missed the top 100 entirely. Anyone have any info on if something weird happened? Groups usually don't do as well as predicted, especially on the UK charts, but for the prediction to be off by at least 93+ positions is strange. Granted, the album isn't doing very well globally outside of a few specific countries, but it should have charted in some capacity on the UK chart. I don't know the UK chart rules, so I'm assuming there was some disqualifying factor rather than positions being so horribly inaccurate.

Until New Jeans comes back, BP is padding their lead by like three million streams a day. Whether or not BP keeps this title will depend on how late in the year New Jeans comes back, how many times they come back, and if BP doesn't come back at all. Will be interesting to see.

Twice isn't even in consideration at this point based on their streams even with comebacks, which truly shows their lack of global relevance,

But Chaeyoung literally said that their goal is to top Billboard 100, so not charting well isn’t making her happy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Was the new song even projected to make it to the bubbling under at least? Or did the music completely flop there too