[BTS CONTENT] So the two versions of albums is now a permanent thing with BTS and their solo albums

• BE (the start of two album versions with one overly-priced rollout)

Butter CD (the first single album and two album versions)

Proof (the most overpriced album in kpop and again two versions)

JITB (error:404)

Astronaut (first solo single album and two versions)

Indigo (two versions)

Face(two versions)

What are your thoughts on why BTS and only BTS are releasing less than their peers? It can't be for the environment like Hybe said. :rolleyes:

• Imo at this point in their career they do not need that kind of inflation anymore espcially when they comeback as a group.

• BE is not the start of 2 versions.

The most beautiful moment in life also only has 2 versions. YNWA also only had 2 versions so did young forever. Their debut album only had 1 version.

The 4 version only started with wings and it ended with LY series and MOTS 7. Guess it depends on their concept to bring back more versions.

pasted-from-clipboard.jpeg

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited 2 times, last by BRIYANI ().

• I am glad there’s only two versions for the most part. BTS doesn’t need it to inflate sales and it IS better re limiting physical waste. Our fandom is huge. Just because other KPOP acts continues the terrible trend of 4+ versions, it doesn’t mean BTS have to do the same.

It is true that HYBE needs a better group initiative re their corporate sustainability commitments re carbon offset, physical waste, and that includes targets for all their sub-labels e.g., Pledis, Source, and even the US ones. But ‘sustainability’ now a days is a trendy PR tactic by companies and very few are seriously doing the work and hardly any legit data.

If BTS is doing something re the 2 editions and Weverse albums, I don’t hate them for trying to do good re the environment.

• I am glad there’s only two versions for the most part. BTS doesn’t need it to inflate sales and it IS better re limiting physical waste. Our fandom is huge. Just because other KPOP acts continues the terrible trend of 4+ versions, it doesn’t mean BTS have to do the same.

It is true that HYBE needs a better group initiative re their corporate sustainability commitments re carbon offset, physical waste, and that includes targets for all their sub-labels e.g., Pledis, Source, and even the US ones. But ‘sustainability’ now a days is a trendy PR tactic by companies and very few are seriously doing the work and hardly any legit data.

If BTS is doing something re the 2 editions and Weverse albums, I don’t hate them for trying to do good re the environment.

BH doesn’t even do that for TXT. TXT gets many versions.

Nothing horrible about 4 versions bcos terrible ones are those doing 13-20.

BTS have 2+ versions bcos one is overly priced. They managed to earn from 2 of what they would earn from normally priced 4 ver.

And BTS never said they are doing it for the environment. Hybe used that as a cover up to promote their start up business and get brownie pts for “saving the environment”.

• Yes, my opinion is that I don’t mind the 2 versions. OK fine BTS never said it was for the environment but I am sure BTS and BH decided upon re the numbers of versions based on their data and vision re their albums.

Fans wanting 4+ versions - why do you really want it? Do you collect all versions?

Re waste - the less it is, the better especially re impact. Some groups with 10+ versions don’t have the same amount of fans as BTS. I also know that some older BTS fans, limit consumption of merch and albums due to trying to be a responsible consumer. I am not sure if ppl are aware: CDs are NOT recyclable. It always ends up in the landfills.

Edited 2 times, last by Yinye ().

• I think about 20 versions and she is not known for being environmentally friendly cuz also got called out for private jet usage too.

Woah 20 versions!? Is this the first time for american artist? I mean its kinda normal in kpop world to have many versions but outside? ive never heard of that.

• Woah 20 versions!? Is this the first time for american artist? I mean its kinda normal in kpop world to have many versions but outside? ive never heard of that.

She adopted from the KPOP playbook lol

I hate how Billboard will say TS is catering to fans and this is a collector’s item type but for KPOP groups, they will say it is to inflate sales when we all know it’s both true.

Taylor Swift Is Selling Over 20 Versions of ‘Midnights’ in Different Styles and Formats
    Color variants, autographs and formats make the new album a collector’s dream.
    www.billboard.com

• How many versions did Taylor Swift do for her recent album? Asking cause as far as I know this is not just restricted to Kpop

According to her website, midnight album has...

CD- 4 versions (12.99 usd)

Vinyl- 4 versions (29.99 usd)

Casette- 2 versions (17.99 usd)

Digital Album- 4 versions (11.99 - 14.99 usd)

I think she started adopting the 'Kpop' style during the 'Lover' era up to present. Also, I noticed that companies became smarter by making more editions/variants of an album instead of releasing all 12 versions. Now, there's digipacks, vinyl and another variant on top of the regular album.

• Whatever side which gives BTS the most profit lol. Atp of their career, BTS can release 2 versions and will still top the sales ranking. Hypothetically, let's say HYBE will bring back the MOTS versions with the same pricing. And say they can achieve the 7 million sales in one album, but at what cost? They would most probably earn more with PROOF with half a sales of MOTS due to its high profit margin.

I think what's better is for HYBE to price BTS albums a bit more reasonable. Say, release 2 versions and both priced at 30 bucks instead of 50 bucks, then US store should only be bordering at 50 bucks and not 70 bucks. In this way, sales would be more 'organic' (I hate that word) and would be at a reasonable price while BTS is still earning more profits from it.

• indigo only had 1 cd, 1 weverse (and eventually 1 vinyl)

face has 3 album versions- the two CD versions and 1 weverse (4 when counting the eventual vinyl) not even counting CD versions of the single. i think this will be the norm going forward. Weverse albums/digipacks bulk up sales, but they'll never replace CD versions which sell more.

She adopted from the KPOP playbook lol

I hate how Billboard will say TS is catering to fans and this is a collector’s item type but for KPOP groups, they will say it is to inflate sales when we all know it’s both true.

https://www.billboard.com/pro/…ghts-every-version-album/

billboard kissing her ass for having multiple versions and treating BTS like scams for the same tactics is so racist. period point blank

• Imo at this point in their career they do not need that kind of inflation anymore espcially when they comeback as a group.

They dont need it but it would be crazy cool to see that 7 million preorder agenda to be fulfilled. Going back to the standard 4 versions would guarantee that

• They dont need it but it would be crazy cool to see that 7 million preorder agenda to be fulfilled. Going back to the standard 4 versions would guarantee that

Sure but i dont think they will do it again just because its "crazy cool" maybe they will but because Bh/ Hybe greedy ass needs money.

• Fans wanting 4+ versions - why do you really want it? Do you collect all versions?

Yeah, I’m wondering about this too. When I see posts being angry about BTS having less version, it’s always about breaking records and don’t want other fandoms to laugh at us if BTS’ records are broken. I don’t know if those stans are for the music or for the records tbh.

For me, BTS always do whatever they want to do. Be it deleting Instagram accounts, releasing digital albums only, doing intimate concert, etc.. it’s more about them enjoying the process and exploring their artistry. When they want to hit big you can see by the way they promote, releasing so many remixes, or they tell you straight up!

So in the end, I’m just gonna enjoy and appreciate whatever contents they give us because it’s always unexpected and different!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!