I find it HILARIOUS than anyone thinks SNSD will ever be surpassed in Korea

• SNSD is the final boss every girl group will lose to.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

emanresu yo girls were the hottest girl group EVER!!!

• Some people always wonder how a SONE becomes a ONCE.

When I would describe how they actually had a lot in common during their respective early periods.

People balk at the comparison.

But I think a lot of people got into SNSD later during their later career and forget or kind of don't realize how cute they were early.

I was a debut Sone. This was SNSD to me. They had a very cute feel for that early run.

• Oh this is bringing me back .... SNSD is that group.

The reason I'm even in this world .

This will forever be kpop for me. Specifically this song .

(I know you've heard me post this a million times. But for new people.)

This is kpop magic.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know. She is absolutely killing it in this stagemix. I had to watch this damn video 3 times in a row cause it was that good and they all looked BREATHTAKING.

• They are THAT group. They aren't even in my top 5 but I always objectively rank them as #1 all time with Kara a close #2.

• Their 15th anniversary did better than almost every other ggs releasing at the same time and were still a big draw for multiple TV show audiences. When a group is that beloved even compared to current active groups despite being from almost 2 decades ago there is no way anyone is surpassing them. The eternal NGG.

• were they the first NGG or was it someone else before them?

I've heard others make different arguments.

But as far as I have seen. Girls Generation was the first to be specifically referred to as "Nations Girl Group".

And in any case, they objectively originated the concept as we know it ... That being a youthful family friendly girl group that is loved by the public at large and that the country feels a level of affection for, and that sees them sort of as "representative daughters" or youthful role models .

• were they the first NGG or was it someone else before them?

I don't know if they were exactly called the NGG, that term was coined for SNSD specifically, but SES the most popular gg during 1st gen and Wondergirls were initially more popular than SNSD for the first couple years. Both would be considered NGG level though.

• SNSD is the final boss every girl group will lose to.

emanresu yo girls were the hottest girl group EVER!!!

You can’t move on because of the “Oppa oppa” part, don’t lie

• I am not normally one for Fanchants during performances, but I love the fans doing the Oh Oh Oh part here

One of the things I really dislike about Modern Kpop is those scripted and rehearsed fan chants during performances where they literally have instructional video's online showing the fans what they should chant and when

This feels so much more spontaneous and fun for everybody involved

• another advantage of SNSD is their roster or members
    is pure koreans
    let say
    compared to Twice 4/9 of each member and top visual line is foreign line

and their song is more korean style
    like most of the fans say

that give them homegrown advantage

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!