Hybe was going to bid for SM to help out Lee Soo Man!!!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But if Kakao has sm I doubt that would happen as they work with Naver

P.s. : btw hybe seem so obsessed with sm stocks or whatever, let it go girl,why u here? u aren't Disney. I thought sm signing with Kakao was clear sign of what position they were, specially after kicking LSM lmao

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Hybe to bid for SM” to “Hybe to bid for SM to help out Lee Soo Man”.
  • paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Hybe to bid for SM to help out Lee Soo Man” to “Hybe was going to bid for SM to help out Lee Soo Man!!!”.
  • So LSM was already suspecting this would happen and called up HYBE? Then SM current directors hurried to backstab him while he was in the US with a fractured arm?

Both SM directors and Kakao say that it isnt their intention to have Kakao swallowing up SM as a whole but I don't see how that isn't the main purpose. Kakao are not the good guys.

And if HYBE managed to get those shares what would this mean for DearU/Weverse?

P.s. : btw hybe seem so obsessed with sm stocks or whatever, let it girl, u aren't Disney. I thought sm signing with Kakao was clear sign of what thru position was, specially after kicking LSM lmao

Kakao deal has not gone through as Lee Soo Man has put an injunction, and his case is very strong.

• Doubt this was ever a serious offer.

Hybe's debt ratio is extremely high.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

P.s. : btw hybe seem so obsessed with sm stocks or whatever, let it go girl,why u here? u aren't Disney. I thought sm signing with Kakao was clear sign of what position they were, specially after kicking LSM lmao

i think this is explaining the past situation not the current situation.

edit: oh nvrmnd just saw the 7th.

• Imagine doing a bunch of mediaplay for their other groups to be 'The Next BTS' or to front himself as the greatest thing to ever happen in KPOP just to be bought out by BTS' agency (some of it coming from BTS' money as well) :pepefacepalm:

Would SooMan's pride allow this to happen?

• Some? Its pretty much majority BTS money....they account for 70-80% of the revenue of that company still if you account for all the different convoluted entries Hybe make in their accounts to show decreased dependence on BTS

• but this is actually good that they didn't?

because you would have your Microsoft kind of situation?

like you know one company the world eater

and Kakao is hella big conglomerate but it isn't a company which is only known from kpop,. it's the opposite

so it can rather be situation that SM would be something like Big Hit or even HYBE

and those all other subsidiaries of Kakao could become like a subsidiaries of SM

you know how HYBE has Big Hit, Pledis, Source, ADOR,

so now SM would have all those Starship, HighUp, 1st Entertainment, EDAM under their wing

or like 'semi' under for now, but it would be full for sure if Kakao would acquire whole SM

External Content www.youtube.com

• Some? Its pretty much majority BTS money....they account for 70-80% of the revenue of that company still if you account for all the different convoluted entries Hybe make in their accounts to show decreased dependence on BTS

That's revenue. I know BTS' role in their company as a major earner. But since, BTS has renewed their contract, HYBE is taking a 'little' less profit from their sales revenue. HYBE also had an IPO 2 years ago, thus raising more money and having more profit taken from other groups like SVT, ENHYPHEN, TXT and the rest.

I'm talking about HYBE's cash flow or the money they kept all over the years after deducting expenses & investments AND the money that they raised from IPO which is huge. If this news is true, then HYBE would need to shell out hundreds of millions of dollars, and a bunch of it would be coming from their IPO's money. Kinda like when HYBE acquired ITHACA HOLDINGS in 2021 with a BILLION dollar. HYBE has no way of paying them off had they not raised so much money from IPO. Simple as that.

• I haven't been paying much attention to SM or their business/artists but BTS money is already being stretched thin for that ungrateful company. But at the same time with Hybe lowering their "dependence" of BTS, this move could have bankrupt them more swiftly, which is my endgame. Tough dilemma I'm in. :pepe-narrow-eyes:

But imagine pressed and egotistical SM stans having to be under BTS shadow DIRECTLY :pepe-joy:

• so now SM would have all those Starship, HighUp, 1st Entertainment, EDAM under their wing

or like 'semi' under for now, but it would be full for sure if Kakao would acquire whole SM

You must be confused. If the acquisition of shares succeed, then Kakao would own 9% of SM which affects the sublabels/subsidiaries. SM don't own shit to Kakao- it's the other way around. This is actually the reason why LSM backed out with the Kakao deal before. He also wants to co-manage the production/operation of Kakao (not sure which subsidiaries), but the latter said no lol. LSM wants power, but Kakao being the greater evil won't let it happen, so now the major shareholders & executives in SM want to push LSM aside for the greater evil to happen :pepe-devil:

• That's revenue. I know BTS' role in their company as a major earner. But since, BTS has renewed their contract, HYBE is taking a 'little' less profit from their sales revenue. HYBE also had an IPO 2 years ago, thus raising more money and having more profit taken from other groups like SVT, ENHYPHEN, TXT and the rest.

I'm talking about HYBE's cash flow or the money they kept all over the years after deducting expenses & investments AND the money that they raised from IPO which is huge. If this news is true, then HYBE would need to shell out hundreds of millions of dollars, and a bunch of it would be coming from their IPO's money. Kinda like when HYBE acquired ITHACA HOLDINGS in 2021 with a BILLION dollar. HYBE has no way of paying them off had they not raised so much money from IPO. Simple as that.

Seeing how you have no idea how the contract is structured, its a big assumption to make. That little less share is still enough to keep that company running primarily. Not to mention all of that IPO money is cause of BTS being a Hybe group.

• You must be confused. If the acquisition of shares succeed, then Kakao would own 9% of SM which affects the sublabels/subsidiaries. SM don't own shit to Kakao- it's the other way around. This is actually the reason why LSM backed out with the Kakao deal before. He also wants to co-manage the production/operation of Kakao (not sure which subsidiaries), but the latter said no lol. LSM wants power, but Kakao being the greater evil won't let it happen, so now the major shareholders & executives in SM want to push LSM aside for the greater evil to happen :pepe-devil:

no. no

this is why I said if Kakao would acquire whole SM in the future

then they could make SM in a way HYBE is working now

• This might be harsh, but SooMan is a few years away from being buried 6 feet under (respectfully), so if I were him I'd rather spend all my money to enjoy with loved ones than fight these people off. It's just sad.

• I already TOLD people of what could happen

• Seeing how you have no idea how the contract is structured, its a big assumption to make.

I don't need to know their contract details to know that BTS is keeping more profits than HYBE now. This doesn't need for further discussion.

That little less share is still enough to keep that company running primarily. Not to mention all of that IPO money is cause of BTS being a Hybe group.

Look, you don't need to tell me this. Everyone knows this including kpop stans.

• so you'd rather kakao added yet another tentacle in their already big monopoly than have hybe and lsm come to an arrangement? kakao is not known for kpop because they have melon, kakao talks, kakao games, etc.

• so you'd rather kakao added yet another tentacle in their already big monopoly than have hybe and lsm come to an arrangement? kakao is not known for kpop because they have melon, kakao talks, kakao games, etc.

yap I would rather have that because those agencies which are under Kakao might have many groups when put together but that's it

Kakao having another tentacle ain't my problem, especially knowing that Kakao CEO actually had plans to change some things and just as there is Kakao Games, Kakao Bank etc. he wanted there to be Kakao Entertainment focusing on Kpop, acting etc.

• yap I would rather have that because those agencies which are under Kakao might have many groups when put together but that's it

Kakao having another tentacle ain't my problem, especially knowing that Kakao CEO actually had plans to change some things and just as there is Kakao Games, Kakao Bank etc. he wanted there to be Kakao Entertainment focusing on Kpop, acting etc.

Kakao already has kpop labels (starship, edam, etc.). The fact kpop stans don't know this doesn't make them less of a monopoly than hybe. And your first sentence describes hybe? They're a conglomerate of several labels, sm would be another one.

• :pepe-smug:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• im very confused ?? i really don't think lsm would ever agree to have their company ran by hybe , lsm never even agreed to having kakao get so many shares in sm. Why is hybe a white knight when they are not less shady than anybody else , how would it help out lee soo man if they were the main shareholders??

• So LSM was already suspecting this would happen and called up HYBE? Then SM current directors hurried to backstab him while he was in the US with a fractured arm?

Both SM directors and Kakao say that it isnt their intention to have Kakao swallowing up SM as a whole but I don't see how that isn't the main purpose. Kakao are not the good guys.

And if HYBE managed to get those shares what would this mean for DearU/Weverse?

I think they would have the rules cleared up like for ex HYBE wont mess with Dear U’s development etc

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!