BTS accept proposal to be ambassadors for Busan's World Expo bid, scheduled for 2030

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• Wait a second. When did Busan get the rights to World Expo 2030? As far as I know the rights are still up for the taking. Only till Japan who have organisers for 2025 event have the rights to hold World Expo. Cmiiw.

They haven't won, but in their proposal they will use BTS as their brand ambassadors to make their campaign more attractive

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “BTS accept proposal to be ambassadors for Busan World Expo scheduled for 2030” to “BTS accept proposal to be ambassadors for Busan's World Expo bid, scheduled for 2030”.
  • They haven't won, but in their proposal they will use BTS as their brand ambassadors to make their campaign more attractive

Ohhh so they want to use BTS' name? Then BTS agreeing to be ambassadors will definitely help them for sure.

It's kinda surprising that they asked BTS though. Should have asked those Classical musicians and Folk music acts who have won prizes that bring national prestige.

Kinda surprised that they think BTS have done things important enough to be ambassadors. Or probably I guess they know it but realise it only when they want to use BTS....

I'm sure Jungkook and Jimin would be happy about doing something for the place they come from like BTS have always done for Korea.

It would have been better though if the people in the country acknowledged and gave them respect that they deserve.

• We're gonna know if Busan has won their bid in 2023 iirc. When the boys are probably enlisted...

Lmao, korean government... Always using bts, but never giving back. They should have used one of their beloved gold medalists or classic musicians as ambassadors.

• It is so frustrating for real

• We're gonna know if Busan has won their bid in 2023 iirc. When the boys are probably enlisted...

Lmao, korean government... Always using bts, but never giving back. They should have used one of their beloved gold medalists or classic musicians as ambassadors.

EXACTLY

• jennrobbins pointing pointing up jenn jenn robbins GIF

Self explanatory! :yesr:

• Wonder why they couldn't hire their classical musicians who bring so much prestige to the country :sketchyk:

And booking them years in advance for something that isn't confirmed too. The jokes really write themselves.

• Korean Government is doing the same thing those entertainment Companies did years ago for their petition for exemption of Idols from military enlistment. Using BTS's impact but never really recognizing BTS's accomplishments. Where are those so-called equals of BTS who achieved similar if not more results? BTS has been serving the government as ambassadors, diplomats etc since 2017 but KG doesn't recognize their efforts and impact when it comes to Exemption?!? Effin B*tches Riding BTS's coattails.

• Korean Government is doing the same thing those entertainment Companies did years ago for their petition for exemption of Idols from military enlistment. Using BTS's impact but never really recognizing BTS's accomplishments. Where are those so-called equals of BTS who achieved similar if not more results? BTS has been serving the government as ambassadors, diplomats etc since 2017 but KG doesn't recognize their efforts and impact when it comes to Exemption?!? Effin B*tches Riding BTS's coattails.

Not doubting the boys' feelings, but I still believe that enlistment may be playing a role in this hiatus, even if the hiatus was planned for late 2020 (it still would fit with Jin's deadline before the period was extended, right?).

Either way I'm still sad and I truly doubt they'll come back in full glory in the future. They may come back as SNSD or Big Bang have been "coming" back. :pepe-sad:

It's the end of an area and I'm having trouble dealing with it. These boys used to make me so happy. :pepecry:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!