Can a group of minors be considered a visual group?

• MissBehave

Changed the title of the thread from “Can a group go of minors be considered a visual group?” to “Can a group of minors be considered a visual group?”.
  • Maybe this guy will show up when they have meet and greet events.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Maybe this guy will show up when they have meet and greet events.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Duuuuude

:skull:

• It’s pretty gross if they are.

Yeah, it's kinda....

It makes me uncomfortable.

I guess it matters what they mean. If they're like "that group is made to be visually appealing to their target demo and I recognize that objectively even though that's not what I find attractive" that's one thing

The other though....

I feel like there are a disturbing amount of guys that like ggs though because they either are or come across as very young...

• Um... Depend on who is the one that say it? If it minor too then it's normal. It's like when you praise a bunch of gorgeous people in your school

True, context matters!

Even when I was a teen though, I feel like I thought older celebrities were more attractive than the ones my age. I feel like people grow into their looks. Or maybe I just prefer that and it's subjective. But it's one thing to say that Song Joong Ki has a baby face and another for someone to basically have the face of a baby

• I guess it depends on the context and what one considers "visuals"

visuals is just another name for pretty right?

I'm one of the older users on akp so can I say an idol is pretty - is that somehow problematic?

my fav idol is jisoo so if I said jisoo is pretty is that ok?

I also like Ning Ning from Aespa (she's obviously younger than Jisoo) - if i said she was pretty is that ok?

let's go further - I like Wonyoung from IVE - if i said she's pretty is that ok?

• I guess it depends. Like you can recognize that wonyoung is pretty but if you were like "she's my fave cuz i love looking at her" errr.......

• I guess it depends. Like you can recognize that wonyoung is pretty but if you were like "she's my fave cuz i love looking at her" errr.......

personally I would never say something like that - too many words lol

jokes aside though - what if my favs were new jeans and I said new jeans are a pretty group - is that ok?

what if I said new jeans are a visual group

is there a difference?

• Visual just means pretty, and most groups that debut nowadays are visual groups.

You can say someone is pretty without expressing attraction towards them.

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Visual just means pretty, and most groups that debut nowadays are visual groups.

You can say someone is pretty without expressing attraction towards them.

This. I can say Christmas tree is pretty without having any sexual attraction towards it.

• Sure. There’s nothing inherently sexual about it. There were kids that were gorgeous even when I was in middle school. Beauty isn’t something that randomly gets going when you turn 18. Many pretty people were pretty kids.

I think what’s problematic is when adults say things like “that’s my ideal type” etc in reference to a child.

• I mean ok so if people start actually cracking down on minor idol sexualization on social media platforms, then its ok.

Edit; Even if its not sexual, the real world harbors less than upstanding individuals and the exposure that the minor group would get is bad. Unless the company is able to keep the group in an information bubble to prevent the idols from seeing the sexualization, it still goes on and won't stop irl interactions.

• Its about intention imo. If you mean in it or think about the members in a.. bad(?) way then obv its weird. Also its different to praise someones visual and include or just generally talk about their body vs just their face

ALSO how you portray them when you bring them up in edits or whatever..

• I think individuals deciding that a group is varying levels of ok/not ok

But what starts rubbing me the wrong way is when organisations and groups start calling mostly underage groups/idols visuals.

Like seeing New Jeans on a list of "the Most Visual kpop groups". Thats putting a more "official" spin on things

• I mean ok so if people start actually cracking down on minor idol sexualization on social media platforms, then its ok.

Edit; Even if its not sexual, the real world harbors less than upstanding individuals and the exposure that the minor group would get is bad. Unless the company is able to keep the group in an information bubble to prevent the idols from seeing the sexualization, it still goes on and won't stop irl interactions.

I don’t think calling someone pretty or a visual is gonna increase or decrease the sexualization. The sexualization exists separately to that imo.

• I dunno. I feel like there’s a bit of difference between just saying ‘they’re pretty’ and calling them a visual group. The term visual as a position (which I disliked anyway) carried with it initially the idea of that person being an ‘ideal’ or whatever… so if a group of kids starts getting praises as a group of top visuals, it becomes definitely creepy *in my mind*.

But just even without the creep factor, if *all* you’re doing is discussing a group of children‘s physical appearances, I think that’s unnecessary and problematic for their development and self-esteem. Or just poor taste, tbh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!