Can a group of minors be considered a visual group?

• Everybody here knows what visual group means in Kpop.

So let's not play around the bush and hide behind the fence.

If you are calling a little girl a visual, the problem is with you.

Easy as.

Can girls be pretty? Sure. Can they be visuals in K-pop? That's creepy.

Learn your boundaries please.

• I never thought visual was sexual. Sometimes visuals are even just cute type while other members have the more sexy image. Sure visuals can be sexy type but that’s more dependent on how they are marketed.

Always thought “visual” just meant “those that meet the traditional Korean beauty standard”

Kpop is look obsessed. But I believe that’s a problem regardless of whether you’re a minor.

• what does "everyone knows what you mean by visual" even mean lol? The majority of people just use it to talk about the members who were obviously cast for their looks. Visual just means someone who's objectively pretty to most people, there's nothing sexual about it. It's different if you call someone your ideal type or stuff like that but "oh she's pretty" does not indicate attraction. I'm straight and female and I can point to the "visuals" in groups just fine without having any attraction to members.

sounds to me like some male users are projecting...

• I did not know visual mean something specified. Maybe it is some American thing, people that speak English in their first language can understand? I am not native speaker so I understand it that way visual is anything that you can visually see once you open your eyes and like. It can be cute, pretty, beautiful, cool, unique, hot, sexy or anything between.

• A Minor under Korean Law is any person that is 19 and under by International Age.

Kpop Companies market them toward 12 - 19 year olds not Adults because those are kids around the age of Idols when they debut, so both will age at the same rate.

Visual has nothing to do with sexuality or gender rather it is how close a person meets the "Korean Beauty Standards". These typically are small face, large eyes, double eyelids, light skin tone. sharp nose, v-line chin, lean, physicallly balanced and most importantly, Full Korean Ethnic.

The Idol part is they are "virgins", well most are Minors so that shouldn't be a problem, they are young and have an innocent appeal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!