LOONA walked so NEWJEANS could run

• - Very similar music style from their pre debut era: focused on keyboards and minimalist percussions.

- Focus in storyline and the "lore".

- Romanticizing retro stuff: white vans, cassette/video tapes, etc.

- Multiple MVs and releases.

- New and fresh way to promote the group.

LOONA was indeed the scapegoat for 4th gen and, more specifically, for NJs. Remember how many times Lee Soo Man collaborated with the project? It seems kinda logic that they were keeping an eye on Loona.

Things like this would easily pass as a Newjeans song:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Loona flopped so your faves could get some inspiration

• Their ways of telling a story are a little different, but I agree they both had a focus on lore.

NewJeans = stories in music videos and songs, more realistic

Loona = a universe with symbolism, more based in the metaphysical

(As far as I know)

Does Loona romanticize retro things, other k-pop groups use old TVs/cassette tapes or phone/computer UIs in their videos.

I am listening to the songs. I think they are more digital than NewJeans, they use more computer generated and common sounds, NJ would never use something like the space-like sounds in the intro of Odd Front, however, they would totally use the rest of it, like the vocal chops and piano sound (at 1:37 ), music box sound in Girl Front, and the oooooooooo. Basically, they would use soundfonts that sound unique and not basic, maybe that is too prejudiced a way of viewing music, but I feel like that is what they'd do

Hmm, maybe all this time Sweet Crazy Love was the baby Ditto, and we didn't know until now ^^

• their first album [+ +] and some of the solos, specifically kim lip's, jinsoul's and olivia's all give me a similar vibe to newjeans.

• their first album [+ +] and some of the solos, specifically kim lip's, jinsoul's and olivia's all give me a similar vibe to newjeans.

I couldn't imagine NewJeans literally releasing any of Loona's songs (of course, the producers are completely different), hmm, for the solos, I couldn't imagine Singing in the Rain or Egoist as NJ's songs because they're too electronic. For the solos, One and Only seems more similar to me (And Sweet Crazy Love as I mentioned)

Also this thread reminds me of this video (the title is (ENG) The song is as good as NewJeans? 「ICHILLIN'(아이칠린) 'Draw'」 #KPOP)

(Although Draw is totally not NewJeans 😠)

• It is kinda true :(

loona wouldve been legendary is their company wasnt as dumb as a wall with the brain the size of microscopic dust

• Loona was such a dissapointment for me

Their pre-debut stuff was so good and had such a unique vibe,and then they came out with the most generic stuff for their group promos.Some of their b-sides slap though.

yeah they lost their original producer i believe after [x x] which is why there's such a disparity between the old and new. i don't absolutely hate their newer stuff but the soul of what they were originally doing just isn't there. oh well, it was fun while it lasted. rip loona.

• I couldn't imagine NewJeans literally releasing any of Loona's songs (of course, the producers are completely different), hmm, for the solos, I couldn't imagine Singing in the Rain or Egoist as NJ's songs because they're too electronic. For the solos, One and Only seems more similar to me (And Sweet Crazy Love as I mentioned)

Also this thread reminds me of this video (the title is (ENG) The song is as good as NewJeans? 「ICHILLIN'(아이칠린) 'Draw'」 #KPOP)

(Although Draw is totally not NewJeans 😠)

i'm not saying they're exactly alike. just similar sounds and vibes on their songs. there's a reason a lot of people make this comparison. like f(x) and red velvet.

• i'm not saying they're exactly alike. just similar sounds and vibes on their songs. there's a reason a lot of people make this comparison. like f(x) and red velvet.

Oh right, I mean for some of the songs they could be able to be released by the other one (Like maybe Attention, Cookie). Others are just similar.

• Loona was such a dissapointment for me

Their pre-debut stuff was so good and had such a unique vibe,and then they came out with the most generic stuff for their group promos.Some of their b-sides slap though.

as a long time orbit i respect what you have to say

i love their group stuff tho :crys:

++ era was S++ teir

xx was B teir

# was Low B

12:00 was S teir

& was A teir

Fl!p That was S+ Teir

for me personally lol

• LOL you reacting to my post broke me ngl

I do jam to these songs though fr

• LOL you reacting to my post broke me ngl

I do jam to these songs though fr

i perfer Be honest over Wow ( the adlibs near the end were messy)

curiosity is okay

• Sweet Crazy Love saved kpop

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!