just how big NewJeans is among korean gp.....

• New Jeans is the Blackpink to Ive's Twice.

Last year's songs could be the New Jeans' versions of BBY/Whistle/Playing with FIre/AIYYL.

This year, if OMFG ends up to be the SOTY with its ferocious start, it could be the New Jeans version of DDDD. DDDD truly jumpstarted the girl crush era and was the last cultural reset of Kpop. With OMFG, New Jeans is now fixin to become the next cultural reset :pepe-peek:

Ive as a Twice didn't sit well with me. Jihyo alone has more talent than Ive combine

• New Jeans is the Blackpink to Ive's Twice.

He might actually win this one, with the exception of:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i think the thing that is surprising is that none of the other big companies have capitalized on the things that ador are currently doing. min heejin was literally a creative in sm and yet we see what they went for with aespa. and even rv could never quite keep the momentum going because sm was dead set on the dual concepts and every other release was a miss.

we can all talk about how its only logical that new jeans blew up, but i think the industry is probably also taken aback that the formula to success was this simple while they still toil away with trying to be "innovative" with groups like nmixx and aespa.

I think the broader issue with the big 3 is group-think. They've been a force to be reckoned with for 15-20 years and think they still have a lot broader control of the market than they possess in reality. Some of the major girl groups of the 4th gen are coming from companies like Starship, Cube, A.dor, etc. because they have the guts to look at the entire market and niche that has yet to be filled by any debuted group. Too many companies look at what the industry is producing musically and decide to go off that which isn't a good idea because just because a concept or sound is trendy now doesn't mean it always will be.

The Big 3 have seem to be trying to always go for bigger and more extravagance recently, but if everyone is doing the same concept girl group wise (girl crush and this 'glitchy' pop sound seem to be so overdone) then how are you standing out and is it in positive way? aespa's concept and music sounds like they are signed to a K-pop label by Mark Zuckerburg and NMixx are going so experimental in sound in their title tracks that it is jarring to listen to at times, in contrast to those examples, IVE and New Jeans are using unique softer sounds in contemporary K-Pop that make them stand out in a sea of "innovative" concepts and harsh sounding music.

Tl;dr - You can't do the same thing everyone else is doing and call the musical style 'innovative' and in order to succeed in business you need to fill an unfulfilled niche which New Jeans is currently doing and why they are succeeding.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!