I still think this is how Hybe plan to market their girl groups

• Before Nj and Lsrfm debuted, they were some people arguing that this is not a good strategy from hybe as the groups promotions will overlap and one will flop which I somewhat I quite disagree. And I have my own theory before these group even debuted about how hybe will market their girl groups so all will meet their full potential. After seeing lsf and nj, I think some part of my theory probably correct.

Lesserafim - Japan market

Newjeans - Korea market

Iland gg (from the reality show like enhypen)- International market

The debut of newjeans was very successful in Korea, they became a trend even among idols and artists there. With Min Heejin reputation in Korea, their debut was quite hype there and they already bag huge cf for telecom sk . Lesserafim's debut was successful in Japan especially they have Sakura and Chaewon who were very popular there when they were in Izone. And they still use Japanese in their album even though Hybe know the Korean sentiment on the matter. Which is quite obvious their main target will be in Japan. And lastly Iland gg, they're basically the female version of Enhypen which obviously will doing very good internationally especially when international fans is allowed to vote. And I guess this group probably will have girl crush concept that very popular among international fans.

There might be some overlapping happen here and there but I think when all the group have their own market to focus and different audience to attract, it's very easy to have multiple successful group in short time especially for big company like Hybe.

• I can see where you're coming from but at the same time I think the all agencies want their groups to be as successful as possible, especially Hybe who needs to show that they can manage without BTS. I think they'll push all 3 groups into any market they show promise of being successful in.

Maybe the groups will have slightly different focuses but don't think it'll vary a lot. Ideally they'd want all 3 groups to do well in Korea, Japan and internationally.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!