YG transfers trademark rights to iKON and lets them keep their name: Comeback in April w/ 143 Entertainment

• It is unclear if they've transferred the rights or will share the rights, but YG and 143 Entertainment "has come to an agreement."

What this tells us is the contract ending was mutual and amicable. No hard feelings on either side.

It also appears that YG has given IKON their platforms: YouTube, Instagram etc. Which is huge because YG and iKON really built those up and really it's a living history and photo book for them so it's good for iKONICS hearts that they keep that.

They have an MV with 500 million views and that's worth keeping.

Meanwhile iKON has officially signed with 143 Entertainment and will make a comeback in April.

news 1

[Exclusive] iKON renews contract with 143 Enter 'April New Release'... Former agency YG Caring team name as it is

0006551503_001_20230101090108679.jpg?type=w430view original

group icon,

(Seoul = News 1) Reporter Hwang Mi-hyun = All iKON members who left YG Entertainment signed an exclusive contract with 143 Entertainment. They will make a comeback in April from the new nest.

As a result of News1's coverage on the 1st, iKON signed an exclusive contract with 143 Entertainment and decided to continue their activities as a full group.

All iKON members moved to a new nest based on their strong will for group activities. It is a message that the members' thoughts to become more active as a 'group icon' came together and this decision was made.

In addition, iKON can continue to use the team name in the new nest. YG Entertainment and 143 Entertainment agreed to continue the iKON team name in a grand way.

143 Entertainment, the new home of iKON, is an agency led by former rapper producer Digital Master (DM, Lee Yong-hak). Digital Master has been producing hip-hop and idol music since 2000, and is a talented producer with deep bones in the music industry. iKON also signed an exclusive contract with Digital Master based on their long-term friendship and trust. Currently, 143 Entertainment includes the three-member girl group Limelight, which debuted this year, as well as Kang Ye-seo and Mashiro, who are active as Kepler.

iKON, newly established in 143 Entertainment, plans to release a new album in April. We are currently working on a new album, and will be more active in global activities.

Previously, on December 30 of last year, YG Entertainment officially announced the expiration of the exclusive contract with iKON. YG Entertainment said, "We sincerely thank iKON for being with us as an artist so far.

Meanwhile, iKON debuted in 2015 and received great love with hit songs such as "MY TYPE," "LOVE SCENARIO," and "KILLING ME." B.I left the team in 2019, and the group was reorganized into a 6-member group.

Reporter Hwang Mi-hyun (hmh1@news1.kr)

Money S

Can iKON leave YG to be active as a full group?... Exclusive contract with 143 Entertainment

0000882821_001_20230101091501612.jpg?type=w430view original All members of the group iKON have signed an exclusive contract with 143 Entertainment./Photo = iKON Instagram

All members of the group iKON signed an exclusive contract with 143 Entertainment.

According to News 1, iKON signed an exclusive contract with 143 Entertainment and will continue their activities as a full group. iKON is scheduled to make a comeback in April.

All iKON members moved to a new nest based on their strong will for group activities. It was a decision made by gathering the thoughts of the members to be more active as a 'group icon'.

Icon uses the team name as it is in the new nest. YG Entertainment and 143 Entertainment agreed to use 'iKON' as the team name in a grand way.

143 Entertainment is an agency led by former rapper producer Digital Master (DM, Lee Yong-hak). Digital Master has been producing hip-hop and idol music since 2000, and is a talented producer with deep bones in the music industry. Currently, the three-member girl group Limelight, as well as Kang Ye-seo and Mashiro, who are active as Kepler, are affiliated with it.

iKON, which has newly established a nest in 143 Entertainment, is currently working on a new album and plans to release a new album in April.

Previously, YG Entertainment officially announced the expiration of the exclusive contract with iKON on December 30 last year. YG Entertainment said, "We sincerely thank iKON for being with us as an artist.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited 3 times, last by Blue2012 ().

• I don't follow iKon, but 143's CEO seems to fit with iKon's overall image well so I hope this ending is a start of a new beginning for them. 143 clearly has a good foundation as a company with their plans for LIMELIGHT and having two trainees currently in Kep1er.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “YG transfers trademark rights to iKON and lets them keep their name:Comeback in April w/ 143 Entertainment” to “YG transfers trademark rights to iKON and lets them keep their name: Comeback in April w/ 143 Entertainment”.
  • Good for them, some people were insisting that it was YG that was blocking 2NE1 reunion and the Coachella performance had to done in secret because of that, this news seems to completely debunk that.

I also find it funny that former member Hanbin's company came out pretty quickly to deny any involvement with iKON's future activities, there might be some bad blood there despite what some people insisted on saying

Yes! Make that money for Mashiro and Yeseo!!!

I don't know about that, seeing their current status.

• I don't know about that, seeing their current status.

I don't think 143 would have signed IKON if they didn't think it was a smart business decision.

So they have to believe they'll be profitable.

And everyone knows that the money top groups makes goes to other groups in the same company!

:momo2:

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• iKON was selling out arenas in Japan this year. So yes, they're profitable. Their name alone is worth a lot even merchandise wise.

They have a built-in fanbase.

I'd imagine that's very valuable on the free market. Being that they found a new agency just days later tells me they were in talks with several agencies and the interest was big.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• We'll see when what they have planned for the group comes out, I do think that the members are talented but the Hanbin scandal, really did a number on them, I thought Kingdom might be a revival but Bobby's news probably killed any momentum from that

• We'll see when what they have planned for the group comes out, I do think that the members are talented but the Hanbin scandal, really did a number on them, I thought Kingdom might be a revival but Bobby's news probably killed any momentum from that

They're still selling out venues and have a dedicated fanbase. None of that other stuff matters. It only mattered because they were from a big label.

But if you're selling tickets then you're doing well.

Just looking at the small labels and how much effort they put into their groups with very little return, MAYBE selling 3,000 tickets for a performance...landing iKON would be like hitting the lottery for them.

Doing well on local charts don't matter anymore. It's about making money now.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!