What is your expectation for BTS solo concerts?

• I have checked the concert schedule of Harry Styles, who has taken over BTS' position as the top act of the world

Harry Styles | Official Website
    Harry’s House, The New Album by Harry Styles Out Now!
    www.hstyles.co.uk

He goes to various stadiums around the world, but not all stadiums are created equal and while he goes to big stadiums in Europe like Paris and Munich, he does not go to the Tokyo Dome in Japan (he goes to the Ariake arena, capacity 15,000) and in K-O-R-E-A he goes to the KSPO dome (capacity 11,000) for 1 day.

IN usa he mostly toured arenas , around 15,000 capacity , although he toured more cities.

===

To my memory, the only person who was a member of a group and still had a huge concert is GDragon.

The late Jonghyun and Jung Eunji had individual concerts but they were small matters. Jonghyun's final concert, a week before he died, was held in the Handball arena (capacity 5,000). Jung Eunji's concert had a few hundred capacity.

There are others, like Taemin, but I can't count them all.

GDragon was able to have such huge concerts because Mr. YG liked GD a lot. Also GD had the power to draw a lot of crowd.

However, those were the days and from 3rd Gen companies are wary of a single member charging thru.

Given the strange situation of BTS, I wonder what would be the expectation on their concerts. Will they be able to do big ones, or will they have to settle for smaller ones?

In the normal times, Jonghyun's 5,000 concert would have been seen as respectable, and KSPO Dome, where Harry Styles has settled for, would be considered as a huge achievement.

However,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This has really cast a huge onus on individual BTS members, especially Suga who could have refused the false surrender offer from Lee Jieun to avoid this situation from occurring.

They have to beat this

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

to prevent detractors from saying the parts of BTS are not as good as the sum.

They now have to start from KSPO dome, because of the city authorities of Seoul who allowed a nonKPopper to hold a concert in Korea's largest venue.

:saint::saint:

• Let me help. They didn’t rename LOLLAPALUZZA to Hobiepalooza for nothing

External Content youtu.be

• Let me help. They didn’t rename LOLLAPALUZZA to Hobiepalooza for nothing

External Content youtu.be

As of now, the hiatus has not started yet.

Let's review this matter in 12 months.

• You can check how many people attended Lollapalooza to watch Jhope if you're that bored.

And he's supposed to be the "less popular" member :pepe-notes:

62d816713567b697dfb17356_L22-Daily-0720-Opt-1080x1350-p-800.jpg

400,000 were in Chicago but not all of them were for J-Hope, who is not even the first person billed

Apparently Green Day was put at the top because enough people wanted to see it before JHope

• So HOBIPALOOZA entered this chat!!!

Hobi did amazing even tho "he's the least popular member" and Jin did a concert in arJINtina with COLDPLAY which was big & JUNGKOOK did a special stage @ the wc inaguration which many people watched. But def, BTS solo concert will pull in a lot of fans. Personally, I'd love for AGUST D to perform Daechwita ; i'd love to see the energy for that song. But, BTS solo events/concerts will be amazing and just as packed

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

Unc GIF - Unc GIFsAnmin GIF - Anmin GIFsUnc GIF - Unc GIFs

Hobi did amazing even tho "he's the least popular member" and Jin did a concert in arJINtina with COLDPLAY which was big & JUNGKOOK did a special stage @ the wc inaguration which many people watched. But def, BTS solo concert will pull in a lot of fans. Personally, I'd love for AGUST D to perform Daechwita ; i'd love to see the energy for that song. But, BTS solo events/concerts will be amazing and just as packed

Excellently point. I don’t think there will be a big enough venue for the reunion tour 2025

• BTS won't tour solo cause there's far too much money to be made more as a group

It doesn't mean any BTS member can't headline their very own arena tour(definitely dome concerts included)

Same reason why no BP member will hold a solo headline tour cause there's far more money to be made from them as a group (even tho Lisa alone can headline a very successful arena+stadium tour in SEA)

• Excellently put. I don’t think there will be a big enough venue for the reunion tour

OMG, i can already see the headlines and the venues : SoFi , LA Memorial Coliseum, Wembley and more.

If tickets were hard to get then, THEN GOOD LUCK IN 2025!!!!!!!! tickets on resale will be fcking expensive (yeah expensive) and hard to get.

But imma earn money to go see bangtan when they return

• BTS won't tour solo cause there's far too much money to be made more as a group

It doesn't mean any BTS member can't headline their very own arena tour(definitely dome concerts included)

Same reason why no BP member will hold a solo headline tour cause there's far more money to be made from them as a group (even tho Lisa alone can headline a very successful arena+stadium tour in SEA)

Well considering how successful Hobi was solo & how much fans each member has individually, it could be possible

The example of GDragon tells otherwise. GDragon showed solo tours could be very profitable.

However, that was before IU did the concert as indicated in the main body of original post. Any BTS solo concert in Korea will be compared with IU's, and in the overseas that of the local faves. They will make money on their own, but the impression is also quite important.

BP is different. I can Imagine Lisa doing a solo concert at SEA. It is just company policy.

• I am already outside of the Rose Bowl with my sleeping bag waiting for 2025 BTS World tour tickets to go on sale.

• He is not the top act. Taylor Swift and Bad Bunny are lol.

• I hope HYBE stop doing the 'PTD' type of concert. I want a World Tour whenever they're all available. And catch me going to their solo tours as well, if it ever happens lol.

Again, the afterglow of BTS' power is still there. How long it will last, no one knows, but 12 months from now, the half-life of the afterglow would have been reached.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!