BP solos: expectation vs reality

• First of all, let me be clear this is not a hate/troll thread, I'm genuinely curious... I think (apart from fake concern ofc) most of BP's solos complaining is based on what people expected that would be blackpink solos based on the image YG and the girls themselves established and the releases being a bit far from that, plus, the expectation of it being Solo level of success when that was a surprise for everyone.

My question is, what were your expectations about what each solo would be?

For me:

Jennie - exactly what it was and I think that's why it was such a success, girlie was out there dancing with Chanel from head to toe, what could be more Jennie than that? Plus they played her strenghs well, giving her a iconic dance break and catchy beat to make up for the fact that she isn't main vocalist or main dancer, I just missed a little bit of rap

Rosé - the MV was what I expected, the beautiful dresses and shots could not have been better, the only thing that I think it was a miss was that the song could've been more catchy, something like Taylor Swift's 22, but the stages was even better than I imagined

Lisa - even tho everyone complained about the MV being all over the place I think it was very Lisa, the Thailand scene was my favorite and Money was very in line with her rapping style/lyrics in BP song, for Lalisa my problem was that I was expecting something like Kiss and Makeup lisa version or Taki Taki

Jisoo - I think they'll give her something like Fx's luna Free Somebody... but I also can see YG giving her something very fun and sunny like a better version of Ice Cream

Damn this was longer than I expected lol

• I guess they all stayed true their bp personas?!

so not that surprising. I think that’s what you are asking?

I guess I wrote a lot so it became confusing lol I'm asking what people expected each solo would be like since I saw a lot of people expected Lisa's would be very dance focused and that didn't happen

• Lisa literally broke all records for a female K pop soloist, so your narrative about it not being on the level of SOLO in terms of success is false.

Jennie did well, Rosé did even better and now Lisa broke the records. I'm sick of people trying to do Lisa down on here. I get there are a lot of OT3 Blinks but stats don't lie.

• Oh lol

I think Lisa stuck to her BP persona

Cute ayego dancing and then badass bitch rapping. That’s what I’ve always taken off her. Rose tried to do the whole Taylor swift men hating thing too I guess.

• Lisa literally broke all records for a female K pop soloist, so your narrative about it not being on the level of SOLO in terms of success is false.

Jennie did well, Rosé did even better and now Lisa broke the records. I'm sick of people trying to do Lisa down on here. I get there are a lot of OT3 Blinks but stats don't lie.

None of them was a "flop" but it's like saying Ice Cream did better than DDD because of numbers. And I'm nowhere bringing down Lisa? Iol

Everyone understood they were referring to korean charting. It's obvious jennie wouldn't do better international numbers when her solo was 3 years ago. Also drop the facade of being ot4, anyone who's been long enough on this forum knows ur lisa solo stan, getting triggered and for what

• Ah, this is interesting. I guess Jennie's the one where people don't know what to expect and get slapped by that bop

For Rosie, people expected her to have a pop rock sound? Kinda like Avril Lavigne and no one really expected her to debut with a full English track

For Lisa, I guess people were hoping for it to be heavily dance-based with all sorts of choreography and dance breaks , as she didn't really have the chance to showcase her true potential as BP Main Dancer in BP stages?

I think this is a personal opinion but I would say I am expecting Jisoo to come out with the styles of song she covered before. Her cover for Clarity reminded me of Taeyeon's "I"

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!