Mama is losing its credibility

• Just to not let anyone go home empty handed, they introduced new categories (most popular and favorite awards). They need to remove these useless categories and focus more on main categories. The shit they're pulling will only make other shows more in demand and relevant.

Approved the thread.
  • I AGREE.

One of the ones that had me confused was the Popular Group one.

Like no offense to Stray Kids, but them winning the "The Most Popular Group" award was a joke💀.

Literally this is what the standard of criteria was :IMG_20221130_090103.jpg

GLOBAL ARTIST.......who CHART and make NOISE IN KOREA AND OUTSIDE KOREA...........everyone thought it was BTS, obviously.

Then they said how "they topped Billboard 200 twice as a group"😶, im like okay I know that ain't no damn BTS lmaooo. But them winning that award just to give them something, is not it.

BTS was the only one rightful for that....heck I even woulda accepted BlackPink since they the 2nd biggest group in the world. But SKZ...

Be Fr MAMA.

• true

it's probably because they want other groups to have SOMETHING without coming across as unbelievable by giving them bts' deserved awards. i think next year, when bts is on a break as a group, they might remove some of those new made up awards.

• Can you name the artists who won the consolation or made up awards?

• Forget that, the camera work was the worst

• Can you name the artists who won the consolation or made up awards?

Stray Kids won "THE MOST POPULAR GROUP" award.

They said the award is for the hottest group around the world who are dominating globally and who is spreading art and culture through music............

Even me saying that, who does it sound credible for???? BTS right?

But they gave it to Stray Kids, just to give them something frfr. Cuz we know dang well they ain't no globally dominating group, who's making all this noise all over the world etc..

MAMA need to not be a charity

• Do you want even less groups turning up to perform at these events?

• Bts already got lot of daesangs which means they dont need "The most popular group" award to make armys feel relevant about bts. Skz deserved it nevertheless. They're quite popular these days after bts. Let skz have what they deserve and stay happy with what your favs won instead of being so salty.

• Bts already got lot of daesangs which means they dont need "The most popular group" award to make armys feel relevant about bts. Skz deserved it nevertheless. They're quite popular these days after bts. Let skz have what they deserve and stay happy with what your favs won instead of being so salty.

Awards are never supposed to be given out of charity or should be stripped from a more deserving group just because they win too much

They are winning too much because they have credentials to back up that win.

This isn't a "charity event".

I can express frustration when a rightfully deserved award, goes to a group who Y'ALL know don't fit the criteria.

It doesn't matter how many awards BTS win. If they DESERVE them because they fit the bill and the results match, then that's that.

Stray Kids didnt, simple.

Not BTS fans fault your favs can't reach their level or the only way y'all win something is when BTS is out of the way lol.

BTS shouldve won the most popular group award .....because they are. Even antis know🤷‍♀️

• lol kpop awards shows is about not upsetting companies and acting as a charity show ^^ not letting idols big or small go home empty handed home

• To quote G-Dragon "Its been a year MAMA. Because you set out such a large table, you hand it out generously so your children don't fight."

90% of awards show trophies are for participation. And not just Korean ones.

• Just losing now? Lol Mama hasn't had credibility for years and years.

Banned SM artists for 2 years despite SNSD in particular destroying all sorts of records.

Voting has regularly been manipulated especially with bots from other countries.

Sometimes outright ignore votes and give awards to whoever

Twice somehow getting SOTY in 2017 and 2018

• Awards are never supposed to be given out of charity or should be stripped from a more deserving group just because they win too much

They are winning too much because they have credentials to back up that win.

Have you ever heard of silver medals in sports?

Have you ever heard of silver medals in sports?

It's called Most Popular Award not 2nd Most Popular Award

• Actually this is perfect for kpop, kpop will never be about reality. It's all about what they perceive that the fans want or need to feel special. So yes, these shows where everyone gets an award, is exactly what kpop fans want. They need these awards to feel validated as fans, because they don't really care about the music. So this is just the kpop companies maintaining their community.

• It's called Most Popular Award not 2nd Most Popular Award

So what? That's the name that triggers you? That's what it ultimately comes down to? Alright. Get over it I guess.

• You must be new because mama's credibility has always been crap from legal feuds to vote rigging to artists shading them. They put on a good show but it's clear most artists don't seem to care too much when they win an award

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I completely get the SKZ award, they had to be recognized somehow. Not giving them anything at all after this voting result would be questionable. Next year they could be #1.

Tbh I'm surprised SKZ didn't win Artist of the Year since they were #2 in the prediction. If anything SKZ got slightly robbed by only receiving this made up consolation prize.

I know that BTS has got plenty of daesangs...

But BTS is "indeed" the Most popular group. That's a fact.

• So what? That's the name that triggers you? That's what it ultimately comes down to? Alright. Get over it I guess.

Calm down. As the award says ' The most Popular Award'

• You all got it wrong. Most award shows aren't for the idols, they are for the FANS. Music show gotta give the idol SOME things, inorder for the fans to keep watching/buying shit. they prob saw how dramatic yall be when your groups don't win and so they gotta give something out so yall stfu, but they dont know fan culture. BTS could cure cancer tomorrow and fans be on their throat saying why they tryna dodge military enlistment by contributing to the world. fyi its just an example, dont cry, you'll see oppas in 2 years

• I mean... did anyone really think MAMA was credible? They've been sharing awards around for years, creating categories or nominating people in categories that don't fit them to make sure everyone gets an award. Audience voting doesn't mean anything, MAMA just give the award to whoever they want to make sure everyone gets a slice so more groups come to their show.

MAMA hasn't been credible for YEARS.

• I'm very calm. I'm not the one who has an issue with an award and is hellbent on gatekeeping.

not gate keeping, but reality is which group is the most popular globally , objectively? ask yourself that. It's just a matter of accepting it.

Maybe stay kids should've been given another award by mama.

Participation trophy. You get a trophy. You get a trophy. You get a trophy. Everyone gets a trophy.

Everybody wins! Yay!

• I'm very calm. I'm not the one who has an issue with an award and is hellbent on gatekeeping.

but you're having problems with people complaining about an undeserved win. you're not on a better ground here.

• I'm half expecting the awards to be called

Most popular group who debuted in 2018

Most popular girl group who debuted in 2018

Most popular girl group who debuted in January 2022

Most popular girl group who debuted in February 2022

Most popular girl group who debuted in May 2022

I'm a casual fan of two of the groups

• not gate keeping, but reality is which group is the most popular globally , objectively? ask yourself that. It's just a matter of accepting it.

Your faves won Artist of the year, Worldwide Icon of the year and Best male group. It seems pretty good to me already.

• :pepe-shame: MAMA lost their credibility yrs ago lol

I should've said relevancy, even tho it's not credible it still is relevant kpop idols still cars about it a lot. It'll be irrelevant like AAA if they keep on doing these cheap stunts.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I completely get the SKZ award, they had to be recognized somehow. Not giving them anything at all after this voting result would be questionable. Next year they could be #1.

Tbh I'm surprised SKZ didn't win Artist of the Year since they were #2 in the prediction. If anything SKZ got slightly robbed by only receiving this made up consolation prize.

j-hope also got the most popular artist award after losing best male artist to lyw so armys shouldn't be focusing on this "most popular" label so much. but it's not questionable for skz to not receive an award they did *not* win. the favorite/popular award were for acts that attended that mnet thought were deserving of a spotlight. that's it.

IVE were also in contention for artist of the year, but stays have convinced themselves that skz is the only worthy band this year. they got extremely good sales, especially due to china but their streams worldwide and in korea were not enough to make this lack of award a "robbery". stays on twitter saying skz is the most robbed artist when the truth is they are unlucky to have come up when bts was still active. BP does not have a single daesang and they're unquestionably the second most popular kpop group right now, what does that say?

every band works hard and all are deserving but only one wins at the end of the day. bts didnt have to wait for a group to be inactive for them to win.

• not gate keeping, but reality is which group is the most popular globally , objectively? ask yourself that. It's just a matter of accepting it.

Maybe stay kids should've been given another award by mama.

"most popular" was given to other acts that night, including jhope. let it go

I see them winning Daesangs next year.

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!