Mamamoo as a model for Twice?

• So it’s been awhile just wanted to say hello everyone.

I haven’t been following Kpop as much this year so it surprised me to learn that Some groups such as Gfriend disbanded. Also how groups like Mamamoo had members not resign. However I saw that Wheein actually signed on longer for group activities and only ended her solo contract with her company.

Now it is know that Twice is getting close to their last year presumably of their contract. We should hear about resigning late this year and early next year. Also it is known that JYPE is not exactly known for its solo management and that Twice has had very little solo activities outside of magazine releases and YouTube cover releases. Do you think it is possible members of Twice follows Wheeins example and sign elsewhere for their solo contracts and remain in JYPE for Twice?

Do you think maybe members of BP and RV would also be interested in such an arrangement?

• They are up for resigning in Oct 2022. Plenty time imho.

• They are up for resigning in Oct 2022. Plenty time imho.

Yeah we still have some time. I’m just interested in how they can grow after being considered veterans now. Maybe this way provides them a way to remain in Twice but achieve personal success that they might not get in JYPE

• So...Wheein has given up the group, basically.

nope, this is why using phrase "resigned" ain't too good in those cases because usually when you say "I resign" then it means you give up on something

so Wheein renewed her contract for group activities, but will try to have her future solo activities in different company, of course if she wants to because she is only one of members which usually complained and said she needs more free time, and rest, and less activities

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• nope, this is why using phrase "resigned" ain't too good in those cases because usually when you say "I resign" then it means you give up on something

so Wheein renewed her contract for group activities, but will try to have her future solo activities in different company, of course if she wants to because she is only one of members which usually complained and said she needs more free time, and rest, and less activities

Thanks!

Lol,yeah. The "resign" phrase got me confused as I thought she gave up on the group activities because of it.

• as for TWICE nope I don't think so

they are bigger group just need 7 of 9 members to renew contracts for 3-4 next years and everyone will be happy

one of members could play the same role like Taecyeon in 2PM, he left JYP Entertainment but promoted during comeback

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don't think so cuz Twice members are busy af as a group so if one or two of them leave they will need to either cut some group stuff or promote without the members that left.

Yeah that’s true, maybe sub groups could fill in the gaps for members not able to participate in group activities.

• Actually resign - "the renew a contract" is an incorrect usage of the word. It should be re-sign. That resign as in quite a position is an actual word but re-sign means to repeat the signing processes as it separates the two as two distinct words.

• That's another good example besides WheeIn.

Taecyeon went to another company because of his acting career.

But he still promotes with 2PM.

They just had their comeback after all.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!