E!News spilling tea about BTS’ underdog origin story and lack of industry suport?!

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So much media coverage on BTS’ humble beginnings lately. Maybe topping IFPI Global Artist chart and garnering various achievements have really given media a dose of reality finally?!

Discuss

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• Wow I loved that. I am so glad mainstream foreign media is highlighting their humble beginnings. Everyone should know about their history and hard work. I’m emotional watching that.

Thanks for post!!

• I think (western) media might finally have realized what a goldmine bts & their story are...

A real from-rags-to-riches story involving talented people with a genuine love for their craft.

They started from the bottom with no industry support & became the biggest group worldwide.

Very curious to see how this (new) media attention will evolve !

BigHit cough Netflix documentary cough

• Agreed, now that they've hit officially mainstream, the media is probably starting to poke into their backstory/ARMY on staff are telling them and it's going to come out more and more! Their tale is such a great rabbithole to pull more people in :pepe-devil:

• Official Post

These E news writers did their research! Like I'm really surprised they took the time to look up chart positions for their old songs and stuff. I loved them saying "What Yoongi wants, Yoongi gets". They def have been following army twt and they took time to find a bunch of videos where Yoongi is talking about it. Nice quick summary of BTS' journey.

• Wow I loved that. I am so glad mainstream foreign media is highlighting their humble beginnings. Everyone should know about their history and hard work. I’m emotional watching that.

Thanks for post!!

Same! Such a short and to the point coverage. They managed to pack all the right stuff in this little video. This narrative needs to be drilled into the public consciousness.

Seriously. Any one who calls themselves a legitimate journalist should be able to see the potential in this underdog origin story. It's so much more interesting than the superficial kpop angle. A full blown documentary needs to happen asap (after the Grammy win *MANIFESTING*)

• I loved watching this...

Reminds me that no matter how many armchairs I have conflict with I can’t leave the fandom since I watched them go from nugus to where they are now. Thanks for the post!

:pepelove1:

Lol why? Lots of ARMYs in the fandom like me just don't really interact with people outside so I guess you might not run in us often. I can assure you there are lots of good ARMYs out there who just pass positive energy and nothing more. Anyways, feel free to just support the boys' music in which ever way you want!

• Lol why? Lots of ARMYs in the fandom like me just don't really interact with people outside so I guess you might not run in us often. I can assure you there are lots of good ARMYs out there who just pass positive energy and nothing more. Anyways, feel free to just support the boys' music in which ever way you want!

Not like outside but on socials, they attack my twitter for no reason, too many delusionals. They even made my brother deactivate because he was getting death threats. Someone menrioned BTS and all he replied with “I don’t like kpop, nothing against BTS, but I’m not into pop”

:pepe-life-support:

They took that personally and lord I don’t know what I’ve done but too many have gone on witchhunts, something I didn’t experience before BTS blew up.

Obviously, every fandom has them, for exmaple, engenes that make hate hashtags agsint my fav iland contest “K”, but Armys are another kind tbh. But I aint leaving the fandom because of SOME bad apples. :pepewash:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!