E!News spilling tea about BTS’ underdog origin story and lack of industry suport?!

• BTS weren't underdogs? they were awarded rookie of the year in 2013 at the Golden disk awards and their debut album sold pretty well for a non big 3 group

They weren't digital monsters but that was the norm for boy band

In fact, alongside B.A.P and Block B, they were the most successful act of. Groups led by main rappers.

Edited once, last by Yuckfire ().

• These E news writers did their research! Like I'm really surprised they took the time to look up chart positions for their old songs and stuff. I loved them saying "What Yoongi wants, Yoongi gets". They def have been following army twt and they took time to find a bunch of videos where Yoongi is talking about it. Nice quick summary of BTS' journey.

or maybe the video was done by an army? they used a clip of suga from run bts which isn't part of official promo content, it's made for fans only.

• BTS weren't underdogs? they were awarded rookie of the year in 2013 at the Golden disk awards and their debut album sold pretty well for a non big 3 group

They weren't digital monsters but that was the norm for boy band

In fact, alongside B.A.P and Block B, they were the most successful act of. Groups led by main rappers.

Underdogs =/= underperformed.

It refers to groups which ppl never paid paid attention and underestimated. There is a huge difference.

Bts were always excluded from the list of idols who are doing well or who will do well in coming years till 2016. Literally any list prior 2016 mentions winner, got7 and even teamB(now ikon) as the groups they see at top in coming years.

• Underdogs =/= underperformed.

It refers to groups which ppl never paid paid attention and underestimated. There is a huge difference.

Bts were always excluded from the list of idols who are doing well or who will do well in coming years till 2016. Literally any list prior 2016 mentions winner, got7 and even teamB(now ikon) as the groups they see at top in coming years.

If you were doing well, which bts were, how can you be excluded from the list of artists doing well?

Also ikon debut in 2015, bts released i need u that same year which blew them up and there were articles at the time which questioned BTS high sales that year.

None of this makes any sense.

• If you were doing well, which bts were, how can you be excluded from the list of artists doing well?

Also ikon debut in 2015, bts released i need u that same year which blew them up and there were articles at the time which questioned BTS high sales that year.

None of this makes any sense.

I mentioned TeamB not ikon. TeamB was a thing before ikon so maybe know facts before saying I don't make sense.

Why did articles questioned bts sales if ppl know them and are anticipating them , you are contradicting yourself.

Go to any OH threads of 2014 , 2015 or other translating sides and check the articles form 201r-15 you will know what I am talking.

They are excluded because they are simply not from big3, didn't have any member from any popular audition shows and the company didn't have proper connections to promote them.

You will understand what I am saying if you were in kpop scene during 2014-15.

• Ignore that troll/anti whatever that is. Just another salty delulu trying to rationalize why their faves failed

:pepe-grooving:

Are you a new baby ARMY? Want to meet fellow ARMYs? >Click here!<
    ezgif.com-gif-maker_3.gif

• 1. I mentioned ikon because YOU said no one had BTS pre-2016 on lists doing well even though 2015 was the year of i need u the song that blew them up. You need to read what you text.

2. I said folks questioned their sales in 2015 not because they weren't successful but because that year they outsold both yg and jyp. It was insane because that was the year big bang came back.

When zico topped the charts last year, armys questioned it and none of them would say zico isn't successful. So you need to learn that 2 things can be true at the same time

3.OH is an international site that has no bearing on how successful or relevant. A Korean group is. That ain't my point though.

Who cares if they were overlooked. The group was successful. Maybe not relevant but they were a boy band, they weren't supposed to be.

And even the irrelevancy might not be that large

They got a golden disk award in 2013. The only boy band in that year who got it. They performed on the mama stage in 2014 alongside block b. Got in a big controversy for taking teasers for their photobook at a holocaust memorial in 2015 and armys were infamous for being in youtube comment sections that had nothing to do with the group also in 2015. All of this was before 2016 aka 2 years in their debut.

Refute any of this. Literally any of it and you can discredit my whole point but you can't because I can post links.

4.What do you mean they had no famous connections? Bang Shi hyuk PERSONALLY knows JYP What do you mean they had no members from popular audition show? Jungkook was on superstar k. He was contacted by seven entertainment companies.

Look, compare to where to are now, no shit it looks they were underdogs at the beginning and yes, they had a bigger fandom internationally than nationally. But in an oversaturated industry like k pop was and is, if you are known by name, you ain't an underdog

Edited 2 times, last by Yuckfire ().

• You reply shows you literally don't know what you are talking.

Its useless to even argue or discuss with you.

In 2014 and 2015 ikon was more known and anticipated than bts , even before ikon debuted, if you don't know why maybe watch win.

Their sales getting questioned is the main proof of how ppl overlooked them and underestimated the. underdog- someone who ppl didn't expect to top and that's exactly what happened with their sales.

OH consists of international fans and bts had more international fans than in korea yet they didn't appear in any idols to be anticipated list, if you don't understand this then I can't help u.

Just check translation sites back and you will know every one and their mother dragged bts for their sales ans no one acknowledged them. That's how underdogs are treated.

Regarding jk and superstar k, the guy auditioned, he didn't get selected. Jamie, baek yerin, bang yedam, winner seungyoon these are the idols who are famous from audition shows not jungkook.

Do you think ppl recognized jk from that 1 min clip of his audition and started following bts?? No that clip became known after jk became famous not the other way. So audition shows did shit for them. They built their popularity step by step.

Jyp is a company not a broadcasting company, how will he help bang pd to get slots on tv? Bts themselves said their debut was because someone cancelled, if bangpd had the so called connections why would they have to wait for some to cancel or do you believe bts is lying.

I understand not everyone knows the history of every group. But if you have no idea then better not to say anything

• 1. a

im actually bewildered by what you just wrote because nothing said disputes what I said.

Ikon debut in 2015 and i need u was released in 2015 which blew them up aka it brought them attention. Do you deny this?

BTS were successful but its questionable for them to have outsold YG And JYP. Both of these things can be true. Do you deny this?

Jungkook auditioned for a popular show which brought him to the attention of 7 entertainment companies. Do you deny this?

Bang Shi Hyuk personally knows Park Jinyoung the founder of jyp and worked for him. Do you deny this

If you answer yes to these 4 questions then we got nothing to talk about, my friend.

Edited once, last by Yuckfire ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!