I never realized that Exo has huge gap of individual popularity

• I was quite surprised to know that only Baekhyun could sell 1 million albums while the other members can't even reach 500k . Actually their sales numbers are very good, and I don't mean to belittle them but I'm just surprised because of the huge gap of solo power between Baekhyun and the other members. Maybe later when Sehun and Chanyeol release their solo album, they can sell as much as Baekhyun because they are one of the most popular in Exo.

• there are different metrics in popularity, not only album sales.

I think it's Chen who has the best charting song on Melon, and this is DO who has the best actor potential as of now. Kai has the most watched MVs.

What I know for sure, is that we need Baekhyun album :baekhyun4:

Yup, that's why I thought it will be translated in their sales or at least boost it.

• Baekhyun has a much bigger chinese support - along with Chanyeol and Sehun - in comparison with the other members. His chinese fans used to purchase over 500k of his albums alone. Iirc, they even stopped to contribute buying EXO's albums since TPOM to focus on his solo activities.

The other two members who have cbars as big as his didn't release a solo album yet.

But like people said previously, the other members have other metrics where they stand out.

"I'm saying I'm shocked that you ever thought you could beat me if this is all you've got".

de3b2400c0861e59e6197472a09daf7a2c42f3b9.gif d63ba0a158c700566e37ad96de109c266cbf5806.gif ca814748f8a6a9e5dbd74715795aeddde4ad96dd.gif

• His debut album is 3x platinum what are you talking about..

Kai is as much pushed as him and still far popularity wise.

Like someone said above, album sales its really not the only metrics for popularity. Bigbang never had ridiculously high album sales yet they are considered legends. For instance kai does not have very high album sales, but he literally has more solo endorsement deals than all the idols who out sold in in album sales.He is currently one of the male idols with the most solo endorsement deals. So would you then say he is more popular than beakhyun, jin, jhope all all the other idols who do not have as much cf deals but have more album sales than him?. Album sales is actually a way to measure how many fans you have, but it doesnt really accurately determine how popular you,are. Another example would be suzy, at her peak she was really very popular, but her solos always kinda flopped.

My point is you can not say someone is unpopular just because they do not have ridiculously high album sales that literally usually means fans are bulk buying

• There definitely is a huge gap in terms of popularity between the top 3 members of exo and the rest. But with EXO’s case it’s really weird

Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun are the most popular members on social media

Kai does the best on YouTube

D.O./baekhyun has better Spotify streams

Baekhyun is a physical sale monster

Chen charts the best in Korean platforms

While the other exo members are similar in terms of sales, streams.

They all have their strong points but it’s not just 1/2 members that does the best.

In terms of album sales, it all comes down to c-bars and baekhyun is in the top 3 of exo. The difference between sehun, Chanyeol, baekhyun’s c-bars compared to the other members are huge. It will be interesting to see how much chanyeol can sell for his debut. Or even Sehun

004F7E4E-E790-47DF-8D6F-C341BF9C4CFE.jpg

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!