What are your main reasons for not going to a K-POP concert?

• Why haven't you gone to a KPOP concert yet? 26

1. My fave hasn't toured close to where I live (you have to travel far in order to go to one) (17) 65%
    2. I was too busy (with school, work, personal things, relationships, interfering plans, etc.) (7) 27%
    3. I didn't have the money at the point my fave was doing concerts (for plane tickets, gas money, admission tickets, merch, for food, a place to stay, etc.) (6) 23%
    4. My parents or others in my life won't let me go for whatever reason (4) 15%
    5. I've always been able to go to a concert I've wanted to go to (4) 15%
    6. Other (2) 8%
    7. I'm not a fan of concerts in general (it's too noisy, too crowded, etc.) (1) 4%

I feel like most of us want to go but haven't gone for one or more multiple reasons (including me). And from what I've observed, some of the reasons are listed in the poll I put.

And if you have gone to one, have you ever had one from your faves come up that you were unable to go to for whatever reason? Why was that?

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I hate crowds

I will only tolerate them for my one and onlys

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i mean i could go to the capital of my country but even then i don't even remember the last time a group i had an interest in visited my country

• My reasons have always been I've been too busy with school and during the summer, I've been too busy with work.

My parents won't let me take time off from school to go to one and I don't know if they'd let me go alone at this age for whatever reason (I mean, I've never asked but that's what I'd assume knowing them). and I'm broke.

I don't have enough money for anything, especially not plane tickets (because my faves typically come to the U.S. on tour, Twice, Blackpink, Itzy, but they don't do cities near me, which makes sense because my state doesn't exactly have large cities.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Rainbowlicious

Changed the title of the thread from “What's your main reason for not going to a K-POP concert?” to “What are your main reasons for not going to a K-POP concert?”.
  • my faves never toured close to where i live and even if they did i wouldn't go. before ukranian war only a concert ticket was worth one month's rent. add plane, hotel, and other stuff. so, yeah, no

• Nobody tours Australia? For real?
    Also, if you were able to go a KPOP concert you would?

no they come to Australia

they just don't come to my state (and remember Australia is a big big country)

they mostly visiting the East compared to my west...

depends on who comes (my favs - I'd consider it)

• no they come to Australia

they just don't come to my state (and remember Australia is a big big country)

they mostly visiting the East compared to my west...

depends on who comes (my favs - I'd consider it)

Ohh I see. So even though your country isn't that big, it'd still cost a lot and take a while to travel to the opposite side of where you live?

Ooh interesting!

That reminds me, I see a lot of people here voting that their faves haven't been to their area and I feel really bad because these artists get the largest countries and cities of their tour. Or at least those with a high concentration of KPOP fans. But even so, they'll go to the largest cities of those countries. I know it's impossible to reach everywhere but I'm kind of sad that they can't.

Like it's also still crazy to me that Twice hasn't been able to have a formal concert in Europe. I'm not remotely sure why. The members talk a lot about how they want to tour there so IDK.

• no I said Australia IS a big big country lol

and yes a flight from where I am to over east would be min 4 hours flight

I'm not sad about it because even if they do come I'm not sure whether I'd go...

I'm sure they will eventually - slow stepping stones

• They almost never come to my state, and when they do, it’s a city 2-3 hours away, so not all that close. I don’t have the money, it would likely interfere with school which is not good and I’m just worried about safety in general. Like, if people will get violent, too much crowding, drugs or alcohol and stuff like that. I might be brave enough to go by myself if it’s at least in-state and one of my ults, but I might still be worried inside. I can’t really go with a friend because I don’t really have any real life friends that are into it, especially as much as I am, so they probably wouldn’t enjoy it quite as much and I’d feel guilty for dragging them along.

• They almost never come to my state, and when they do, it’s a city 2-3 hours away, so not all that close. I don’t have the money, it would likely interfere with school which is not good and I’m just worried about safety in general. Like, if people will get violent, too much crowding, drugs or alcohol and stuff like that. I might be brave enough to go by myself if it’s at least in-state and one of my ults, but I might still be worried inside. I can’t really go with a friend because I don’t really have any real life friends that are into it, especially as much as I am, so they probably wouldn’t enjoy it quite as much and I’d feel guilty for dragging them along.

I've never had a problem going alone to Kpop concerts. The crowds seemed well behaved to me. I got to talking to other folks around me in line and near my seats at the ITZY concert, and they were all amazing people.

But it does help if you know other people that are going to be there. Luckily we have a community right here that you can meet up with folks at pretty much any major concert!

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I've never had a problem going alone to Kpop concerts. The crowds seemed well behaved to me. I got to talking to other folks around me in line and near my seats at the ITZY concert, and they were all amazing people.

But it does help if you know other people that are going to be there. Luckily we have a community right here that you can meet up with folks at pretty much any major concert!

That does reassure me a bit. Oh, you’re right! You have a point there. If I ever go to a K-Pop concert in state, I’m taking you with me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!