Being a good dancer & singer at the same time is more important than excelling in only one!!

• If I wanted to select a member for a group, I would go for a good in both than just super talented in one.

I had to say it because lately I have been seeing many disses at recent 4th gen groups like IVE, Lesserfaim, NewJeans for not having a power vocal nor a stand out dancer.

Yes ofcourse they can't hurt to have them, but when a group does not utilize them what's the point???

For example Yunjin is a very talented vocalist, but in Lesserafim she does not showcase it. If she was at Chaewon level of singing it would be more than sufficient imo. IVE has no power vocal but Liz and Yujin do the songs justice..

Of course, if a group ever has a song were its all high notes like Ariana songs for example, a member with high vocal capability is needed.

In aespa for example, many of their titles and b sides have vocal notes, so yes members like Ning Ning and Winter are utilized well.

Being capable to sing a note well and dancing with energy, is more than enough to be an idol. Being these two together is actually more important than excelling only on one department!

#Think_peice_of_the_day lol

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• I feel like, no matter the abilities of the members in a group, showcasing their strongest points and what is within a groups capabilities is more important..if they don't excel vocally, that's okay..make do with that with catchy rhythm..if not all of them are good dancers, it's okay to have "point" choreos that are made more for virality rather than complexity. And i can't stress enough that not every song needs a rap ;(

Also, for Le Sserafim i believe they choose to tone down harder notes to focus on more complex choreo as all of the members dance hard throughout the whoooole routine. That's okay for me personally, since they do have bsides where they showcase their vocals more.

• This may or may not be related but in terms of Kpop performances, I feel that being a good dancer makes you a better performer.

Yes being good in both is great, but if you were to choose 1, usually being better at dancing makes you a better performer in general and it shows.

This is because if you are good in dancing, you aren't focusing on the dance, in a sense that it is already in your blood. It is very natural to you, compared to performers who are weaker at dancing, and sometimes you can literally see them thinking about the next move.

And I'm saying this as a huge vocal advocate because it is something I notice when I watch group performances or fancams.

• I feel like, no matter the abilities of the members in a group, showcasing their strongest points and what is within a groups capabilities is more important..if they don't excel vocally, that's okay..make do with that with catchy rhythm..if not all of them are good dancers, it's okay to have "point" choreos that are made more for virality rather than complexity. And i can't stress enough that not every song needs a rap ;(

Also, for Le Sserafim i believe they choose to tone down harder notes to focus on more complex choreo as all of the members dance hard throughout the whoooole routine. That's okay for me personally, since they do have bsides where they showcase their vocals more.

I agree! Kpop is all about concepts so if their concept is tailored to the members well, they don't need power houses

I also agree with the lesserafim point, and thats what I mean by tailoring the concept to the members, all of the members including Yunjin are very good performers so they showcase that instead of the vocal weakness of the members

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• In terms of dancing being more important than singing I agree with you, vocal incapability can be covered by other members but but a performance is not.

These idols can be trained to be sufficient enough for them not to stick out like a sour thumb, that should happen before debuting. Being a prodigy dancer is not that necessary too though.

• In terms of dancing being more important than singing I agree with you, vocal incapability can be covered by other members but but a performance is not.

These idols can be trained to be sufficient enough for them not to stick out like a sour thumb, that should happen before debuting. Being a prodigy dancer is not that necessary too though.

Also, want to add somsthing additional about dancing, is that practice really really shows.

I know people do make mistakes in dances, but mistakes can really be avoidable by having more practise. I'm not saying those accidental mistakes or mishaps like falling down, I'm saying things like skipping choreo (when you shouldn't) or literally forgetting choreo.

Ima use my faves as an example. IZ*ONE for example, are really well known for being super synchronised, and that boils down to a hell lot of practice. Like even Hyewon who is one of the weakest dancers in the industry, you don't see her making mistakes or slacking off. So yes like you mentioned, idols can be trained to not stick out like a sore thumb

• In the long run singers>dancers me thinks. Concerts are most important for a long time career after the initial hype is over and vocals create the best stage presence in concerts. :/

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree! Kpop is all about concepts so if their concept is tailored to the members well, they don't need power houses

I also agree with the lesserafim point, and thats what I mean by tailoring the concept to the members, all of the members including Yunjin are very good performers so they showcase that instead of the vocal weakness of the members

Exactly! 😌

• Also, want to add somsthing additional about dancing, is that practice really really shows.

I know people do make mistakes in dances, but mistakes can really be avoidable by having more practise. I'm not saying those accidental mistakes or mishaps like falling down, I'm saying things like skipping choreo (when you shouldn't) or literally forgetting choreo.

Ima use my faves as an example. IZ*ONE for example, are really well known for being super synchronised, and that boils down to a hell lot of practice. Like even Hyewon who is one of the weakest dancers in the industry, you don't see her making mistakes or slacking off. So yes like you mentioned, idols can be trained to not stick out like a sore thumb

Agreed! Practice is shown while also unpracticed is shown

• In the long run singers>dancers me thinks. Concerts are most important for a long time career after the initial hype is over and vocals create the best stage presence in concerts. :/

If they are good enough singers with time for concerts they will be stable enough for performance, and if their songs are within their range they will be fine imo. They don't need to be power houses to fill the stage

• For BGs, to compete with the current output of boy groups being an above average dancer is a necessity, vocals I say the same as GGs, sufficient for the concept imo.

Vocal weakness can be easily covered since there's barely live singing anymore. Dance weaknesses can't be covered so finding good dancers is essential. Boygroups also need to find good rappers. But in the end it all comes to how the members complement each other.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!