YG is sabotaging rosé solo on purpose [a LONG thread]

• company stans, go away or i will bite you

i’ll cut to the chase because this is kind of long. but maybe interesting to some of you. sad to anyone who supports rosie :/

blinks and rosé (and for all we know, the other girls or teddy) have been pushing yg to finally give us a rosé solo for years. the one that was “in the works” in 2018. to come out in 2019. to be forgotten until fans start publicly humiliating the company in 2020. then pushed again to 2021.

i don’t think yg is very happy about anything going on here. this just seems like a waste of resources to them. and korean companies do this thing, that i think is happening here.

it’s a slimy thing to do, but unfortunately common and very manipulative. this seems like a classic set up for this bs so i’m upset i didn’t expect it.

the girls contract ends in 2023. i don’t doubt that the company knows if they don’t start acting like bp mean ANYTHING to them, they’ll all leave. combined with all the public pressure to start fulfilling promises.... they’re being forced to give her a solo. which was our (blinks) plan.

but they don’t want her to realize her potential as a soloist. they don’t want her to make a name separate from the group. they don’t want her to garner any sort of solo fanbase or reputation because that makes it a much safer business decision FOR HER if she decides to leave.

if you purposefully sabotage her solo, she can’t reach her full potential, so she’s less likely to feel secure outside of yg and blackpink. if they gave her proper promo and solo release, she would start to have these things. it would be easier for her to get her career going after yg. so to prevent there from being an “after yg”, they try to ruin her solo career before it begins.

they want her to believe her “best chance” at her dreams, her “biggest chance for opportunity”, her “full potential” is blackpink and yg ONLY.

it’s really gross of them to do this, but like i said, this happens kind of a lot. and hers is the perfect case of it. mistreated idol gets any opportunity that would give them feet to stand on taken from away them, so they keep depending on their company.

it’s a western release time and date, western producer.... but with no western distributions or western promo. no korean promo either. the teasers and promo have been lackluster and sparse. they gave us half of the solo songs (aka 1/2) at the blackpink concert WAY before the project dropped. only 2 songs instead of the promised mini album. no collabs or features. nothing.

jennie got a whole video series like 10 episodes long to document the mv shooting, her concert stage, her music show stages, her celebration of the solo drop, the vlive before the release day, etc.

but they wanted her to get a big name. they wanted to get the name of the group out there, they wanted to get the face of the group to be an it girl and all this stuff. their careers were much younger, then.

they don’t want that now. blackpink is a well known group, now. what they want is to punish rosé and blinks. they want to sabotage her career because their contract is ending soon and they want her to resign it. they want her to not garner any fans as a solo act. her fans and support can come from yg and blackpink ONLY. and they’re trying to ensure it.

i wish kpop companies would stop doing this to their entertainers because it’s not fair. same with actors. i’ve seen them ruin parts of an entertainers career, just to make them company dependent. usually it’s to mistreated entertainers in companies they want to leave, and contracts expiring soon. just like this.

• YUP. this is common in the industry, to treat them badly so they can't make a career later on for themselves. This is similar to what JYP is doing with twice, they want them to be dependent on them so they give no members any solo's, sometimes they give them solo videos or collabs (like with sana, momo, etc) but they will never give them any solos until they re-sign. Companies need their biggest money makers to stay in the company and continue to make money for them, they can't have that image of being a group tarnished.

Rose can't have an overly successful solo, she has to have the bare minimum, just to shut blinks up and then after this, we will never have another solo again. Same with Lisa and Jisoo, we are never seeing those solos, and if we do get hints, it is going to be so delayed over and over again.

• now it seems like, their strategy was for all the solos to come out before the group album for all the hype and for fans and the girls to explore their full potential. But then, seems like because of internal stuff, the whole schedule fell out, like how many YG plans do.

so now after they released the first group album, after starving blinks for so long and after already getting their name out there, pushed their name even more. But now, as they wasted too much hype before the full album, the group's career is for a toss, as they cannot suddenly change pace of releasing content, as it will affect the 'bp novelty' which makes each piece of content special to fans

even if the group career is for a toss, they still have some time to release at least 4 more full albums, but now that they hype for the first album, for which they have been building up for years, is gonna end up affecting the girls' solo careers as of YG's twisted view of wanting to fully promote them as a group to the maximum so that they reach even higher

So they will mostly focus on their group activities now I think, basically finish these solos because of fan demands, and then go on group music activities only, mostly their CF stuff only will be individual etc.

that's my take on it rn, but I think it can change regards to how they promote Rose

Even on sleepless nights

tumblr_p29pdkWiWY1wldi5ho1_500.gifv

Look each other in the eyes

• YUP. this is common in the industry, to treat them badly so they can't make a career later on for themselves. This is similar to what JYP is doing with twice, they want them to be dependent on them so they give no members any solo's, sometimes they give them solo videos or collabs (like with sana, momo, etc) but they will never give them any solos until they re-sign. Companies need their biggest money makers to stay in the company and continue to make money for them, they can't have that image of being a group tarnished.

Rose can't have an overly successful solo, she has to have the bare minimum, just to shut blinks up and then after this, we will never have another solo again. Same with Lisa and Jisoo, we are never seeing those solos, and if we do get hints, it is going to be so delayed over and over again.

exactly! and it’s so sad, especially when they have all this potential and a huge following just ready to be maximized and utilized and.... nothing.

i can’t wait until all 4 queens can do whatever they want. they can work with any label or company, any producers or writers, stay together or split up or do both solo and group stuff, take a break or dive headfirst into music, etc.

finally just WHATEVER they want. the world is their oyster. umg would want them. columbia. p nation, literally anywhere in any part of the world. they’re bigger than yg now. just not financially or in terms of “connections”. their influence and following will get them to wherever they want, now.

like any celebrity who has 10’s of millions of followers on instagram and can tour across global domes and sell over 1M physical albums..... they can get signed anywhere and get any sponsorship or anything they want.

once these closed-minded blinks realize that the girls are bigger than the company now. that they’ve outgrown it. that all this restriction and manipulation is just yg holding them back. they’re not helping them up anymore. they’re passed that.

• You overestimate yg, they are just incompetent this is not some 195iq shit. All bp members are already massive enough and would be able to leave by 2023 if they wish

this isn’t 195iq shit

just because you find it confusing doesn’t mean it is, dear. this is a common practice in the industry. yg literally has done this themselves, already. pick up a book, darling. cheers :pepe-toast:

• We really getting one new song. Yg really tried hype up an album that has 2 songs one of which was sung for the online concert.

I just hope that they didn’t lie about the budget of the mv( I believe they called it unprecedented) cause so far they have not done anything right.

I am also ready to throw hands that Vince was not involved in the songs. He was there when she made her live singing session and was the person who helped her open up about songwriting ( documentary)and he was not involved? That probably means that this is not what Rose wanted to create but rather what YG wanted her to release. If it was truly what she wanted to create people that helped her in her writing would have definitely been involved which they are not.

• We really getting one new song. Yg really tried hype up an album that has 2 songs one of which was sung for the online concert.

I just hope that they didn’t lie about the budget of the mv( I believe they called it unprecedented) cause so far they have not done anything right.

I am also ready to throw hands that Vince was not involved in the songs. He was there when she made her live singing session and was the person who helped her open up about songwriting ( documentary)and he was not involved? That probably means that this is not what Rose wanted to create but rather what YG wanted her to release. If it was truly what she wanted to create people that helped her in her writing would have definitely been involved which they are not.

exactly :peperain: we’re still not even getting rosie artistically. that’ll have to wait until 2024, i suppose :/

but for now we can do everything possible to get this song to it’s maximum potential! promote to people, stream, buy, comment and post about her solo constantly, etc.

• this isn’t 195iq shit

just because you find it confusing doesn’t mean it is, dear. this is a common practice in the industry. yg literally has done this themselves, already. pick up a book, darling. cheers :pepe-toast:

Where did I say this is confusing :| it might be a common practice in the industry but it is irrelevant for the bp members since as I said they are all too popular on their own already. They will be able to negotiate a favorable contract in 2023 if they really want to.

Fake blinks are getting brave

• Where did I say this is confusing :| it might be a common practice in the industry but it is irrelevant for the bp members since as I said they are all too popular on their own already. They will be able to negotiate a favorable contract in 2023 if they really want to.

Fake blinks are getting brave

you literally called it 195iq shit when it’s like 42iq shit so you must be confused lol why else would you call something so basic and easy to understand “195iq”

being popular on your own is not the same as having a full epk or something as a solo act. no matter how famous or influential someone is, it won’t have as much impact to labels and MUSIC industry folks as someone with a foundation as a solo artist.

they’ll be looking at her streams, sales, promotion, music videos, views, press, projects and songs, etc. that’s how it works.

i know they’re big enough to leave and do bigger and better things without yg. i said that in my op. and it’s obvious they’re not all staying at yg, thank god. but that doesn’t mean yg isn’t sabotaging her career to try to keep her as dependent on them as possible.

again... pick up a book, read it. words. brain. logic and thinking. reasoning.

• I know it's not complicated, was just a way of saying to exemplify this is not yg actually trying to sabotage her, they are genuinely incompetent and giving their artists few songs is like the standard. 2ne1 had so few songs for the amount of years they were active, same for bigbang

• I don't think you should compare it with Jennie's situation it's not fair for Jennie either.

I get what you mean but I think we should wait a little before we start complaining. I'm sure rosé will have a diary serie to document her solo and behind the scenes stuff. Didn't she hint that? I don't think having 2 singles isn't as bad as you think, the girls themselves want to focus more on blackpink as a group. I agree with YG not promoting her enough but are we surprised? that's YG being YG.

I'm still looking forward to her solo and she is gonna blow everyone away with her song and voice.

• I know it's not complicated, was just a way of saying to exemplify this is not yg actually trying to sabotage her, they are genuinely incompetent and giving their artists few songs is like the standard. 2ne1 had so few songs for the amount of years they were active, same for bigbang

this is a common industry practice, even within yg. keep your assets dependent on you so they can’t/will be scared to leave their contract.

it’s obviously what’s happening here but seeing as your a yg company stan.... let’s just leave this here, shall we?

have a day.

• this is a common industry practice, even within yg. keep your assets dependent on you so they can’t/will be scared to leave their contract.

it’s obviously what’s happening here but seeing as your a yg company stan.... let’s just leave this here, shall we?

have a day.

:| again I'm not disagreeing with this being a common practice, just saying this wont affect rose or bp even if they were doing it. And no, I'm not a yg stan at all, I only stan bp am not a fake blink lmao

• I don't think you should compare it with Jennie's situation it's not fair for Jennie either.

I get what you mean but I think we should wait a little before we start complaining. I'm sure rosé will have a diary serie to document her solo and behind the scenes stuff. Didn't she hint that? I don't think having 2 singles isn't as bad as you think, the girls themselves want to focus more on blackpink as a group. I agree with YG not promoting her enough but are we surprised? that's YG being YG.

I'm still looking forward to her solo and she is gonna blow everyone away with her song and voice.

literally what’s wrong with comparing it the only other solo to come out of blackpink? i even said it was for reference only and explained why.

rose definitely didn’t want only 2 songs in her solo debut, why would you even imply that?

also, she could have a full album with like 15 songs and still focus on blackpink. having a mini album like they promised isn’t stopped her from focusing on blackpink (who aren’t even active right now, mind you)

• Err TWICE and BP aren't in the same boat.

BP has actually had legitimate solo opportunities.

Whereas TWICE has zero.

Not saying that BP are getting all the opportunities they deserve.

Just that are in the 1st circle of hell where as TWICE is in the 5th circle.

Neither are in heaven though.

Not my quote not loading ugh I am too lazy to redo this.

♡ K P P ♡

• Do we know how much the girls get paid for their ad work? If they're getting paid more through things like modeling, brand deals, and magazines during their career and they're happy about it, maybe that's a good thing.

At the end of the day, the goal for them is to make as much money as they can while they're still under contract.

They’re big on fashion and this part of their career is important to them, and it’s no doubt bringing in an asinine amount of revenue. That being said, I don’t think it’s fair to downplay their passion for music just because they have modeling gigs and CFs on the side.

The girls have made it quite obvious they’d like to put out more songs, hold more concerts, see fans more often, etc. They’ve been vocal about how they’d love to be more involved in the process of creating their own music.

Making money is of course crucial, but that doesn’t translate to being reason enough for their music being neglected.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!