RE: "why is red velvet a favourite of multis and casual listeners?"

• I don’t been this as an insult : they do not have the IT factor. And that’s ok. Their music is good but they’re never gonna have the rabid fandom.

I agree, but I'd phrase it a different way.

Red Velvet's music speaks for itself as do the members who are all pretty chill and seem to enjoy the success that they have attained. They are all talented women and no one needs to go around banging pots and pans screaming about how talented they are because nearly every K-Pop fan knows they have talent already.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• This was a problem problem with 2nd gen girl groups. Sistar, Wonder Girls, After School, T-ara, 4Minute, Kara, Girls Day etc, popular groups with good public image but with almost non existant fandom. I don't even know any of these fandom names. The only 2nd gen ggs that you could actually say have truly strong fandoms are SNSD and (peace be upon them) 2NE1.

Mabe that's why SONES and Blackjacks would fight, not cos they were the top 2 but because they were the only 2 :pepe-joy:

• Lots of people like them cause they release good music. Their dual concept and sound let them cover multiple bases as well. Korean fans seem to love their Red tracks while international fans lean toward their Velvet ones.

I mean they do have a pretty solid fandom considering their sales have jumped quite a bit especially for an older group by kpop standards and were inactive for over a year during the biggest era of kpop growth so clearly they're doing something right.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!