Red Velvet vs TXT

• red velvet will have comeback on 8/16/2021 and TXT on 8/17/2021

which group will gain more attention?

which group will chart better?

which group will sell album bettter?

which group will dominate SK overall?

which group will dominate outside SK overall?

any group will have comeback near red velvet's comeback? i dont know how capable or big any group for now so i want compare them to red velvet who had more than one and half year hiatus

Edited once, last by Theo35 ().

• which group will gain more attention? Red Velvet

which group will chart better? Red Velvet

which group will sell album bettter? TXT

which group will dominate SK overall? Red Velvet

which group will dominate outside SK overall? Red Velvet

The only gg that can sell more albums than TXT is BlackPink. Overall Red Velvet is more popular, but the lack of attention from gp is a norm for 4th gen boygroups.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• which group will gain more attention?

Red Velvet. Well, It's their first comeback in 1 year and a half. TXT did 3 comebacks since RV's last one, including one 2 months ago. Of course the eyes will be on the girls.

which group will chart better? Red Velvet

which group will sell album bettter? TXT

which group will dominate SK overall? Red Velvet

which group will dominate outside SK overall?

Depend on Red Velvet's song. If they release a Velvet song like Psycho and Bad Boy or a mix of both concepts like Peek-A-Boo, then my bet is on them. But their international performance isn't as consistent as TXT, imo. If they release a Red song, then I'm with the boys.

• which group will dominate outside SK overall?

Depend on Red Velvet's song. If they release a Velvet song like Psycho and Bad Boy or a mix of both concepts like Peek-A-Boo, then my bet is on them. But their international performance isn't as consistent as TXT, imo. If they release a Red song, then I'm with the boys.

this is interesting... which comback from txt that did better than red velvet in 2020 and 2021 for outside SK? i didnt follow chart or achievement from other group since seulgi and irene

• this is interesting... which comback from txt that did better than red velvet in 2020 and 2021 for outside SK? i didnt follow chart or achievement from other group since seulgi and irene

TXT last comeback has been pretty successful they have a huge following on Global Biggest Markets' US and Japan. I don't follow them close, but from what I've seen and talked to my friends who are their fans, they are about to surpass 100k sales on Oricon and surpassed 100k units on US with last korean album. Their last album already surpassed 120M on Spotify and they are doing very well on streaming with the title track and a bside that got kinda viral on tiktok.

But they don't have yet any song that did better than Psycho and Bad Boy, that's why I'm more inclining towards the girls if they release that type of song.

But the thing with Red Velvet is that they depend more on casual listeners interest to do well (since they are a gg) and international K-pop listeners like more their Velvet songs. While TXT has both casual interest and a huge fanbase to up their numbers internationally.

• I agree with the comments too. I think Red Velvet will get more attention especially how long the fans had to wait for this comeback.

Txt had a comeback two month ago and this will be “just” a repackage, I’m not expecting high numbers since the two comeback is so close to each other.

this is interesting... which comback from txt that did better than red velvet in 2020 and 2021 for outside SK? i didnt follow chart or achievement from other group since seulgi and irene

To add to Minazuki comment, I checked the Spotify (I’m not a chart wiz but I got curious)

The last album:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Monthly listeners:

D231C900-1E59-48E2-9A5C-45E116234645.jpeg

US

4E467689-3EC8-49FF-938B-8FF141209D02.jpeg

Origin sales are roughly 92k at the moment.

External Content twitter.com

Red Velvet

I’m not a fan of them so it’s hard to find data and I don’t wanna post incorrect thing. Maybe somebody can post that.

• Thank you for the data, love

Since I don't follow their stats accounts, I didn't have how to prove what I was saying :cryingr:

• Outside of what everyone said, I think txt could do better at sites like Spotify and some charts outside Korea.

Since it's a red concept, I don't think the new RV song could be as big internationally as Psycho and Bad Boy, songs that could easily outchart any txt song. So it's a matter of qualty

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!