Should they have given Liz the chorus for After Like?

• Youuuu and IIII is more than like

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If I'm brutally honest and based on this live clip... no. I find her version to be a little soft compared to Yujins and Wonyoungs. But I know diveland won't really agree with me LOL I think she has a fantastic voice I just don't think it fits this chorus as well

• Man, i don't understand why her stans are so up in arms about Liv's line distribution. Her voice is fine, but it isn't anything special, jeez some of her akgaes make her out to be the next Morissette Amon or something omg. The bigger travesty of this song, one of the things that's keeping me from giving it a 10, is that Leeseo isnt given another verse. Her voice was PERFECT for the verses, her nasal tone was super cute and catchy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BTW, since i havent spammed her in a long time, enjoy some recent Mori aka the best pop vocalist in the world right now X(

• some people have an automatic aversion to high pitched voices but I actually quite like leeseo’s voice and i agree she should have more lines. her vocal skills are serviceable and her vocal tone adds personality to the song. if there can be a voice that’s described as “catchy” leeseo’s is it lol

• The bigger travesty of this song, one of the things that's keeping me from giving it a 10, is that Leeseo isnt given another verse.

Leeseo has a really nice voice, especially love her lower register parts. People are kinda sleeping on her vocals just because her technique and range is not among the best in the group. She's so young so we'll surely see further improvement there. She definitely adds a lot to the group as a whole.

Love her parts in My Satisfaction :pepemusic:

• I find her version to be a little soft compared to Yujins and Wonyoungs. But I know diveland won't really agree with me LOL I think she has a fantastic voice I just don't think it fits this chorus as well

I can actually see/hear the soft argument now that you mention it, even as a big Liz bias. I do find her chorus VERY pleasant to listen to but not sure how it would go with the song as a whole. Once again I'm reminded it's good we sort of have 2 main vocals, they excel at completely different things.

• Liz is their best vocalist for sure, Yujin closely follows and then perhaps Rei who is very stable live

And yet Starship gave chorus to 2 of the weakest singer in the group

Liz ie their best vocalist didnt get a single chorus line

Edit: someone mentioned about Liz voice being softer. Thatz because she wasnt singing in full power. Listen to her belting in B sides, then u will know Liz's voice isnt soft, she just has good control of it. And leeseo's voice is more suitable for verse in my opinion because above certain range, her voice become less appealing

• And yet Starship gave chorus to 2 of the weakest singer in the group

Edit: someone mentioned about Liz voice being softer. Thatz because she wasnt singing in full power. Listen to her belting in B sides, then u will know Liz's voice isnt soft, she just has good control of it. And leeseo's voice is more suitable for verse in my opinion because above certain range, her voice become less appealing

Oh no no, I know my girlie can sing dw, I'm just basing my opinion based on what we have and that's her singing the chorus in this particular way :) Maybe I'm also just used to the way the chorus sounds now LOL

• And yet Starship gave chorus to 2 of the weakest singer in the group

Wonyoung and Yujin killed it with the chorus, Leeseo killed her few lines, and Gauel and Rei killed the rap. Everyone got to shine. Liz's vocals are decent, it's not like a Yuri or Yuqi X(

• Wonyoung and Yujin killed it with the chorus, Leeseo killed her few lines, and Gauel and Rei killed the rap. Everyone got to shine. Liz's vocals are decent, it's not like a Yuri or Yuqi X(

You dont need to have the best vocal to get lines in song. It is quite obvious starship is putting Liz aside from spotlight for this comeback. U cant expect Liz who has been singing choruses for previous two title tracks to not getting a single line in chorus, not even a short phrase.

I think Liz's fans have their point that Liz is being mistreated. If they get Yujin (which i think is on par with liz vocal) to sing most chorus, it makes sense. But Starship gave to Leeseo and Wonyoung. Even rei as usual get one part of chorus (she never fails to get decent lines)

• She deserves the second or last chorus or at least the bridge. There’s reason why suddenly she had the most lines and then two cb later she’s treated like a sub vocalist. IVE isn’t the best group vocally so giving most lines to the weakest singers is fat no.

You have to watch their encores to see Liz Rei and Yujin carrying the group.

I can see with WY, she has nice tone and the most popular but not leeseo she needs training and it’s unfair for Liz.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!