What do you think of retaliation mentality in K-pop fanwars?

• Wow, no mincing words here. Well I'm dead. No words which is totally fine since you basically said it all.

:pepe-life-support:

• This absolutely gold of a twitter thread explains how kpop Stan’s work and how they argue

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The whole thread is HILARIOUS these two SENT me 😭🤣😭🤣

63380BD1-F826-413E-8AD3-3F3155444253.jpeg

• All fanwars are juvenile and I play no part in them. It's just silly fans saying silly things and I think some need help. They tend to live in a fantasy world and at times it's quite amusing if not sad.

• yes, even positive things are use as ammunition

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• remember collective responsibility and individual responsibility

I think for some fans if the behaviour repeated by the other side(s) occur frequently enough then it becomes a stereotype of the entire other fandom or group

I think also that it's not limited to kpop per se but extends to all interactions humans have with each other that's "different" especially when humans generally tie their persons to certain groups or identities in order to fit in...

for example one might be male, a kpop fan, basketball fan, football fan, MCU fan, employee of x company, etc etc the more strongly we feel towards our association as that group the more we are sensitive to certain perceived?? attacks against those groups since we are one of that group member

now if a person only has limited or infrequent dealings with shitty members of other groups then it can be an isolated incident however if one is constantly online (social media etc etc) and one constantly gets a barrage of hateful and stupid things said to one's group by fans of another group then slowly one begins to generalise such behaviours and thus associate that entire other group as being "hateful and stupid"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!