YG aiming for western centric success for Rosie's solo

• ?

Basically OTG might actually be full english cause the last time BP had those many western song writers on a track, it turned out to be full english...

Personally idk how I feel about that, it's might create unnecessary pressure on both Rosie & Blinks...

US/UK/western single charts are difficult...

She's not going to chart on album charts due to minimum of 4 songs rule & hot 100 & the likes have been awakened thus week by the biggest streaming phenomenon of our generation.

Drake dropped a 3 songs EP & he's basically about to occupy the top 3 spots on next hot 100 & many other artists have released so charting well is even more difficult now than in February...

I don't want hot 100 & other local western charts to be the MAIN GOAL, I want the goal to be for her debut single to perform exceptionally well in SK & Global charts instead ✔️

What do u guys think?

• If they're aiming for western charts, why not add ONE more song and put it in contention for actual charts? (Because the company is worried it wouldn't chart, so they didn't put it in contention?)

YG doesn't care. Has there been any money in the US for this?

• Has anyone considered that Rosie wanted her songs to be in English? Since she's evidently had a fair bit of creative say in her solo.

Also, it's very unlikely they're pushing her to the west, Interscope probably won't playlist her that well and probably won't push her to radio either. Korea is likely the focus, even if it is in English.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• If they're aiming for western charts, why not add ONE more song and put it in contention for actual charts? (Because the company is worried it wouldn't chart, so they didn't put it in contention?)

I think the single is what they're going for

I actually like the fact that Rosie's physical albums won't be in contention... She doesn't need that kind of pressure

Theuur US fanbase is growing at a fast pace but it's still not super stable yet

• I'm confused because she is promoting on a Korean variety show but she's not on the lineup for any music shows (at least Music Core...we'll see for Inkigayo tomorrow), which makes me think the track is full English

I'll be disappointed if it's all English tbh. She's probably not going to chart well in SK with no music show appearances and a full English album

• Has anyone considered that Rosie wanted her songs to be in English? Since she's evidently had a fair bit of creative say in her solo.

Also, it's very unlikely they're pushing her to the west, Interscope probably won't playlist her that well and probably won't push her to radio either. Korea is likely the focus, even if it is in English.

Idk, I don't see why it can't be 50% kr & eng (it could still be & hopefully it is)

But those songwriters like 4 of them are all western so it's not looking good

But what if they did? Give her playlisting & radio airplay & maybe even us promo?

• I'm confused because she is promoting on a Korean variety show but she's not on the lineup for any music shows (at least Music Core...we'll see for Inkigayo tomorrow), which makes me think the track is full English

I'll be disappointed if it's all English tbh. She's probably not going to chart well in SK with no music show appearances and a full English album

If it's really full english & she doesn't chart well in either Korea or US /UK then YG is officially the biggest fool & the fandom will not take it well lol

• dont like the way theyre handling it

tho

literally her debut is in less than a week and all we have is picsart teasers

Pre release promo is almost insignificant for BP at this point

It's after release promo blinks should be worried about

Western artists don't even promote before release, they just announce it 1 week before release but post release some promote heavily & the song can even reach new peaks weeks after release

I want Rosie to promote in Korea & internationally even tho it's online but still it make a difference

• If it's English and doesn't get US/English-language promotion.... what's the point?

Surely the company wouldn't be that careless. At least some of it will be Korean if they aren't ramping up to a huge radio promotion in the US (and there's no evidence of that).

• its yg theyre just gonna drop it make her perform 3 weeks than dip lmao

• If it's English and doesn't get US/English-language promotion.... what's the point?

Surely the company wouldn't be that careless. At least some of it will be Korean if they aren't ramping up to a huge radio promotion in the US (and there's no evidence of that).

Their silence is also not a good sign

Last time they were mysterious with a release was IC & we all know how the fandom received it...

• Pre release promo is almost insignificant for BP at this point

It's after release promo blinks should be worried about

Western artists don't even promote before release, they just announce it 1 week before release but post release some promote heavily & the song can even reach new peaks weeks after release

I want Rosie to promote in Korea & internationally even tho it's online but still it make a difference

she is not promoting anywhere, u need to understand neither bp or rosé are western artist, they are kpop idols and yg isn't promoting rosé simply bc they don't like her

• If it's really full english & she doesn't chart well in either Korea or US /UK then YG is officially the biggest fool & the fandom will not take it well lol

Yeah I agree. It doesn't seem like YG/Interscope is doing anything for her in the US either. We would probably know by now if she was appearing on an American late night show or getting any major radio play.

I'm pretty sure Vince and R. Tee are also both involved (idk about Teddy) since they both posted on their stories so maybe it'll be 50-50 English Korean?

• Yeah I agree. It doesn't seem like YG/Interscope is doing anything for her in the US either. We would probably know by now if she was appearing on an American late night show or getting any major radio play.

I'm pretty sure Vince and R. Tee are also both involved (idk about Teddy) since they both posted on their stories so maybe it'll be 50-50 English Korean?

Hopefully it's 50/50 ✔️

• I wouldn't be too surprised if her solo ends up being in English, after all Australian is her first nationality. I do think that there should've been more songs on the album but oh well

I'm not too sure about them focusing on the west because judging from how Gone sounds, that's not the kind of sound they'd usually go for. But Rosé herself has said that her song makes her wanna dance so let's see!

• I am not sure what YG is doing. Can't chart on BB200 as it's not going to be long enough or have the required amount of songs. If Korea is the focus why not release at 6pm KST? And why Friday? I am guessing main aim is hot100. YG doesn't care for for SK these days.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Maybe we'll all have to face the fact that nobody at the top of YGE, including YG himself and the investors that control him like Naver/Tencent, seems to really want or have faith in Rose to break out and become a huge solo star, whether in Korea or the US.

Or they just dont care for whatever reason.

Rumor account told me a long time ago that YG had a hate boner for Rose and Jisoo specifically. But i'm not sure how much power he still has anymore, i think if he was the only one calling the shots, BP wouldve been dungeoned a long time ago and The Album wouldve never happened.

• Sabotage... this is absurd. First she doesn't have at least min 4 songs plus no proper album distribution overseas. Second to do exceptionally well in korea, the song has to be Korean at least because let's be honest with an English song, she won't do well in korea n even if she charts in hot 100 it won't be that great of a peak. This is just full on sabotage. And let's not forget she won't be able to promote in music shows if her title track is in English n music shows are important. As much as I love Rosé or bp, they are not IU level in korea for them to release anything without promotion and it will be getting paks left n right and this is not even an ot4 cb but a solo. Yg is sabotaging her and it's pissing me off.

• Maybe we'll all have to face the fact that nobody at the top of YGE, including YG himself and the investors that control him like Naver/Tencent, seems to really want or have faith in Rose to break out and become a huge solo star, whether in Korea or the US.

Rumor account told me a long time ago that YG had a hate boner for Rose and Jisoo specifically. But i'm not sure how much power he still has anymore, i think if he was the only one calling the shots, BP wouldve been dungeoned a long time ago and The Album wouldve never happened.

Lol u back with your rumors

Its literally bp we are talking abt....they can chart lmfao

Edited once, last by Lilbp ().

Nice wattpad

• Sabotage... this is absurd. First she doesn't have at least min 4 songs plus no proper album distribution overseas. Second to do exceptionally well in korea, the song has to be Korean at least because let's be honest with an English song, she won't do well in korea n even if she charts in hot 100 it won't be that great of a peak. This is just full on sabotage. And let's not forget she won't be able to promote in music shows if her title track is in English n music shows are important. As much as I love Rosé or bp, they are not IU level in korea for them to release anything without promotion and it will be getting paks left n right and this is not even an ot4 cb but a solo. Yg is sabotaging her and it's pissing me off.

If it was english i hope its something like 2002 ;(

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!