Let's compare Produce 101 Korea vs. Produce 101 Japan

• Do you like any of the groups and their songs from Produce 101 Japan? 8

1. I like the songs and maybe even preffer them over other JPop (1) 13%
    2. They are quit good (2) 25%
    3. I could maybe get into some of the groups (1) 13%
    4. It's OK, but I like what Produce Korea did more (3) 38%
    5. Prodce Japan and Produce Korea suck ass (1) 13%

Produce 101 Japan allready posted the introductions to the participants of the second season in February to Youtube (this time even with English subtitles) and the first episode will air in April and I thought wouldn't it be fun to compare the Japanese and the Korean one with eachother?

I will first of all begin with the show-differences

As you may know most girls and boys on the show in Korea used to be trainees and a few of them were allready an idol before. This made the viewers curious for when an participant droped out but you allready knew he or she will debut probably someday or be back in their old group. Sadly many of the trainees didn't debuted or their groups even disbanded and you most of the time only got to hear of a small number of the trainees years later, but most went like poof and gone and you never heard of them again after a while. A few later on joined project groups as for example JBJ but these groups all disbanded within the first few months they were made and not even the winner groups of each season lasted for long. The first winner group only existed for about a year and most fans only found them after they allready disbanded. Many of the members of the allready disbanded winner groups are now back in their original groups or debuted with new groups but most of the time their fame that they had during the time they were in their produce-group got washed away and many people don't even know that someone was in a group from a survival show.

So in conclusion: many people didn't even debuted after produce 101 in Korea and most who debuted are actually a kind of no-name in Korea and a lot of them even allready disbanded with their groups since most Korean agencies tend to give them contracts between 5 months and 3 years with often not a chance to re-sign the contract and if groups are lucky to have a longer running contract than these groups will be sometimes even almost forgoten over time. As example: Because Weki Meki has members who were on Produce 101 the girls got a lot attention in the beginning, but now it slowed down a lot and many people seem to not care anymore about the group

Many groups who were found since the last Korean season who have members that went on Produce 101 are also not really doing that great either, except maybe 1 or 2 groups who have members from the failed Produce-winner group X1 but still I don't get to hear that much of these groups so I wonder if Produce X really did cause the hype around the show to die before the scandal or only after it happend.

Now take a look at Produce 101 Japan or as many people refer to it PDJ. The show first didn't got many attention before it aired. It also had a few difficulties for many people to even audition. The show first said that they want to only have particioants who are not in the entertainment industry, wich ment that people who are idols or trainees or even actors and background dancer etc. had no chance to join the show unless they cancled all their contracts. One example would be Kosuke Honda who cancled his contract to his previous group WhiteA to be even able to participate on the show. Koskuke's member said he could come back when the show ends and he wouldn't make it, but Kosuke got WhiteA to disband cause he didn't returned to them. At the beginning also the producer wanted to only have 1 participant per prefecture but that didn't worked out and a lot of the particpants came from Tokyo at the end. Produce 101 Japan also had a few foreign participants who didn't even used to live in Japan as for example participants who used to live in Korea and Canada and had nothing to do with the Japanese music industry before or as in the case of 3 ex. KPop-idols they kind of yeeted the KPop-industry. At the end the show had more people who used to work in the entertainment industry than actually planned, even tho most of them were not working in the entertainment industry anymore at that time. Still the Japanese show had way more people whithout any experiences in singing and dancing than the Korean one.

Another difference to the Korean show is that at the end more as half of all participants will debut or re-debut. Many of them allready debuted and each and everyone wuill have a permanent contract wich means compated to the Korean one non of the groups will disband anytime soon.

Let's have a look at the groups who got found trought Produce 101 Japan:

57f6101765daf446a09de6425663c090.jpg

JO1

The winner group of the show. JO1 debuted in March 2020 and is signed to Lapone Entertainment, wich is a Japanese company under CJ,E&M. JO1 allready won 2 awards and their debut single sold over 360K times. JO1 has 2 singles and a full album now and are releasing their 3rd single soon. The group also was rescently on the Korean TV-show M COUNTDOWN. Acording to the Japanese media 300K sold CDs make 6 million $ in Japan so JO1 is doing pretty well right now. Their fandomname is JAM ( JO1 and Me)

The members:

Shion Tsurubo - ex. FNC Entertainment trainee

Ren Kawashiri - Was background dancer for different artists as like PENTAGON and WANNA ONE. He also worked as dance teacher before

Ruki Shiroiwa - Used to be in a group called YsR before and is also an ex. Johnny's Entertainment trainee

Sho Yonashiro - The leader

Issei Mamehara - He used to work as dance teacher before

Shosei Ohira

Syoya Kimata

Keigo Sato

Junki Kono

Sukai Kinjo

Takumi Kawanishi

One of their MVs:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unbenannt.jpg

ENJIN

They are a 9 member group under Universal Music Japan and another company called Showtitle. The group debuted in December 2020. The group has 2 singles so far

The members:

Tatsutoshi Miyazato (Sol)

Tsubasa Takizawa - The leader

Taiga Nanamoto - He used to work as actor before

Kyo Yamada

Hyuga Nakatani - He used to work as model before and owns hos own clothing brand

Ryono Kusachi

Toi Nakabayashi

Fumiya Kumazawa - He used to work as voice actor before

Sho Fukushi (A.rik) - He was member of a group called KRAZY BOYZ before and owns his own fashion brand

One of their MVs:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Evuk4nKUcAEeutu?format=jpg&name=small

ORβIT

Or fully "Orbit Union" or simply Orbit is a 7 member group under Dream Passport. They debuted in November 2020. Different to the other groups who are made with Produce 101 Japan participants this group also has Korean songs on their discography. The group curently has 1 album and will release their first single soon. Their fandomname is called EARTH

The members:

Jun Uehara (June) - He was also on Produce 101 X before

Jung Younghoon - He was member of a KPop-group called HALO before. He is also the group's leader

Kim Heecheon (Heecho) - He was member of a KPop-group called HALO before

Kim Yoondong - He was member of a KPop-group called HALO before

Tomoaki Ando (Tomo)

Shunya Osawa

Yugo Miyajima

Their debut MV:

Boom_Trigger_(2020).jpg

Boom Trigger

A 5 member group under WORLD Entertainment. They debuted in August 2020 with a double sided single and will release a new single soon

The members:

Yu Ando - The leader

Tatsuki Yuki

Rikuto Omizu

Hikari Inayoshi

Kaito Okano

One of their MVs:

Owv_roar_era.jpg

OWV

Or fully "Our own Way to get Victory" is a 4 member group under Universal Music Japan. They debuted in August 2020. They curently have 3 singles. Their fandomname is called QWV (pronounced as Cubie)

The members:

Kosuke Honda - The leader. He was in a group called WhiteA before

Katsunari Nagakawa

Fumiya Sano - He was background dancer before

Shuta Urano - He is an ex. Johnny's Entertainment trainee and was alsoworking as an actor under the Japanese music-company Avex

Hico_dream_passport.jpg

HICO

His realname is Masahiko Imanishi. He debuted as soloist under Dream Passport in December 2020. He is having 1 single at the moment

His debut MV:

450?cb=20200801103048

Lee Minhyuk

He is debuted as vocalist in August 2020. He is actually working as Youtuber in Japan so he is probably not releasing any other new songs anytime soon than this one MV that he has. Minhyuk is curently signed with CJ,E&M and MH Entertainment but mostly for his work as a Youtuber

His debut MV:

EWVk8gBU4AMUc7b-900x600.jpg

NVRLND

A 6 member group that debuted in February and will release their first MV soon in March

The members:

Koki Nishio

Akira Takano - The leader (Pls don't confuse him with another JPop-artist who has the same name lol)

Takehiro Okada

Akihito Furuya

Masanami Aoki

Hideyuki Nagahashi - He is the only member who wasn't on Produce 101 Japan before. Hideyuki was on the survival show G-EGG before

Unbenannt.jpg

BXW

Or fully "Black x White" is a 5 member group under Churros Entertainment. They debuted in October 2020. It was said that they should've debuted with 3 more member as 8 member group in Spring 2020 but after 3 member left the group back than (1 of them is now trainee under RBW Entertainment) their debut got delaid for a few months. They have curently 2 singles. Their fandomname is CROSS

The members:

Kento Kitaoko - The leader

Kanta Migada

Takeru Gutierez

Shintaro Sagawa

Daisuke Hayakawa - He is the only member who didn't went on Produce 101 Japan before.

One of their MVs:

Unbenannt.png

BUGVEL

A 6 member grouo under Dream Passport who will debut somewhat in 2020. The name of their debut single is allready known but its unclear when they will debut with it. Their fandomname is called REBBA (Reboot + Libra).

The members:

Hikaru Kitagawa - The leader

Minato Inoue

Raira Sato

Koshin Komatsu

Mahiro Hidaka - He was not on Produce 101 Japan but on Produce 101 X. He is also an ex. YG trainee and participated in TREASURE BOX too

Wang Jyunhao (Guno) - He was not on Produce 101 Japan but on Produce 101 X. He is also an ex. YG trainee and participated in TREASURE BOX too

So what is your opnion on the differences between Produce 101 Japan and Produce 101 Korea, let me know ~

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• The message is too long so I can't post the MV for OWV who was missing so here it is again:

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Personally, I feel like all international produce series are always way less interesting than the Korean ones. Sometimes it is due to production quality that makes it feel countrified, sometimes it is due to the lack of drama, sometimes it is due to being unable to relate with a lot of the music covered on these shows since I don't spend time indulging in Jpop or Cpop etc., and sometimes it is due to not agreeing with the popular picks. For some reason, majority of the ones that make it into the final groups I found uninteresting. The only time this happened with the Korea version which made me not stan was with X1.

• for season 1 i really like it.

And i realized that only accepting someone whos not in tie with other company can be a double edged sword.

I understand why they're doing that but at the same time alot of competitor came out so quickly coz label can just love all all the fallen trainee .

i'm surprise no label or trainee call my man Sora #teamsky.

I watch YGTB not long ago ang excited for bugvel, but idk how i feel about the company .

I feel like orbit has the biggest chance of became the 2nd biggest group from the show with that Lineup, but the company can't do the promotion it's needed.

While owv are pretty much on tv alot with enjin behind jo1.

Owv even got into kcon whole orbit not, and the distance of the first album and the single are too long whole owv already has 3 song .

That's a big mistake considering almost all their fans are from the show with a Lil bit of halo fans and with alot of group from the show debuting and having a comeback there's a big chance they Will sweve, especially when the other group appear on tv while they are not , at least make a youtube series or smth.

I'm mad coz all orbit member are on my top 11 except shunya.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!