If bp is the biggest do they need a digi pax and going to target and be friend to the ceo of Spotify?

• But that Spotify deal is a win-win situation for both Spotify and YG businesswise. Its not a tactic for fraud but a business deal that both companies gaining something.

Also, what's wrong with having digipacks though? Its still a business selling tactic. If you and your faves want better selling numbers, tell their company to follow the same tactic. And even without that digipack, BP was still able to reach more than 1M sales.

• I am joking but I do think New jeans has the potential to be the biggest GG ever. They have a freshness that I think no 2nd gen girl group except maybe gfriend had at their debut. But Gfriend kinda fumbled the bag.

Their success seems weird. Their songs were out for months bc and suddenly people listened to them for a week on Spotify during the time Bp released PV and then they were on viral charts without anyone knowing and gained like 10 million monthly listeners. Seems so weird to me. Their songs are not viral anywhere not on TikTok not no instagram but how they trended #1 on Spotify viral chart is questionable and it’s after months or so

• Their success seems weird. Their songs were out for months bc and suddenly people listened to them for a week on Spotify during the time Bp released PV and then they were on viral charts without anyone knowing and gained like 10 million monthly listeners. Seems so weird to me. Their songs are not viral anywhere not on TikTok not no instagram but how they trended #1 on Spotify viral chart is questionable and it’s after months or so

I mean their songs are doing well, they are a young group and had a hit song. I dont think their numbers are weird at all. If they continue with this type of music I do think they have a chance to be the biggest GG we have seen especially with the stage Kpop music is on now.

• Yg should do more promo like more fansigns, I like those

5 min on target are nothing and everybody that has digipacks got them bc the company knows they will sell. If your group ain't get them...well I got news for u

• I think bp has good records all accross this time except physical sales, need to do comparison both album. Op mentioned this year.

if you wanna compare spotify streams, proof was significantly bigger on spotify than born pink

• Everyone has digipacks, why are people so pressed, good lord.

I don't know why people are surly about the company doing its job and promoting the album. More power to them. I don't get the shadiness about being a "friend of the CEO of Spotify". The company paid for a Spotify partnership as part of the marketing - as a number of groups have done.

The only thing I'm cranky about is the playlist blocking, which is a new tactic I haven't seen. Like I get it from a competitive standpoint as a businesswoman and a marketer, it's natural to build out blackout adjacencies for your brand, but as a fan, it seems petty af to do in this way, esp. for a fandom not known or feared for its streaming power. (I think that's what makes it feel petty vs strategic, even tho I get that is very specifically strategic.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!