How do you guys view fan wars?

• How do you guys view it?

Sometimes it just looks like a bit 'extra' for me.

If you don't like a group that's okay. It's also okay if they write the reasons why unless they are mean about it.

It's your/their opinion.

• it's pretty funny

I just sit on the side line and watch

:pepe-hype:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It was fun when I was young and had time. Now it’s exhausting and I don’t even bother looking at it lol.

It’s mostly for people with time. Which I had a lot of before lol. But adults who engage in fanwars like wow how do y’all have the energy to be that involved about strangers 😭

I say this like as if I’m fifty but yeah a few years makes a lot of difference lol.

• It's petty, immature and quite sad to be perfectly honest. In the end, it just makes me laugh at the pathetic fans and their pointless squabbles. Any one who wants to argue the point with me gets blocked immediately and if that is blunt, I don't care. I'm not going to waste my time and data with idiotic kids here.

• I used to be pretty involved in the great Sone v BJ war and while it was childish it was generally pretty fun. Memes, banter, some actual funny jokes overrode the usual dissing and swearing.

But for a long while now fan wars basically boil down to 2 things: using stats to fight or full on toxicity with death threats, dox and all that shit. That ain't fun.

• It's petty, immature and quite sad to be perfectly honest. In the end, it just makes me laugh at the pathetic fans and their pointless squabbles. Any one who wants to argue the point with me gets blocked immediately and if that is blunt, I don't care. I'm not going to waste my time and data with idiotic kids here.

i agree it's immature. Kpop and music in general is not that serious.

• I used to be pretty involved in the great Sone v BJ war and while it was childish it was generally pretty fun. Memes, banter, some actual funny jokes overrode the usual dissing and swearing.

But for a long while now fan wars basically boil down to 2 things: using stats to fight or full on toxicity with death threats, dox and all that shit. That ain't fun.

I used to involve myself in blackjack and sones drama too lmao. Kpop is just way bigger and the fan wars are way to severe now. It's not healthy to be involved in kpop to that degree.

• I used to involve myself in blackjack and sones drama too lmao. Kpop is just way bigger and the fan wars are way to severe now. It's not healthy to be involved in kpop to that degree.

Yeah with the rise of social media its become way too easy to take things personal which then takes things to the dark side. If you know someone or how to contact them you can harass them pretty hard.

Back in the day it was mainly forums, YouTube, Tumblr (lol what happened to them) and a fledgling Twitter so it was a lot less personal. Nowadays I can find someone I don't like in Twitter, find a friend of theirs who has some irl interaction, check out their associated socials to find the person I hate and viola now I can call out Jake from New York and threaten him.

Yeah it's not healthy and worth it anymore. I haven't engaged in any proper online fights for years now outside general shit posting or actual discussions.

• Yeah with the rise of social media its become way too easy to take things personal which then takes things to the dark side. If you know someone or how to contact them you can harass them pretty hard.

Back in the day it was mainly forums, YouTube, Tumblr (lol what happened to them) and a fledgling Twitter so it was a lot less personal. Nowadays I can find someone I don't like in Twitter, find a friend of theirs who has some irl interaction, check out their associated socials to find the person I hate and viola now I can call out Jake from New York and threaten him.

Yeah it's not healthy and worth it anymore. I haven't engaged in any proper online fights for years now outside general shit posting or actual discussions.

I would say most of Tumblr hates K-Pop at this point

• I don't partake

it's stupid but nevertheless enjoyable...

half the time the war is over some miscommunication rather than some deep seated issue

• It's fun for the giggle

Fanwar is more enjoyable when both sides know there's nothing deep about it.

The moment it makes you emotional, that means it's time to step out a bit.

Just keep in mind, other people's opinion shouldn't hinder your enjoyment of music/group you like.

• It’s fun if you don’t take it seriously. Because at the end of the day, it’s just kpop.

But if you caught yourself thinking about some comments when you’re not online and are bothered by them then stop going into fan wars. That’s not healthy.

Obsessively going into threads (especially anons) or Twitter and trying to find bashing posts on your faves is not healthy.

So my POV is fanwars are inevitable in any community that has competition (eg music acts, sports, politics etc), so you need to know how to handle them for your mental health.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!